OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://gamerinvestments.com/video-game-sto...nd-the-conduit/

QUOTE said:
Sega revealed sales data for two of their titles, Virtua Tennis 2009 and The Conduit, in their quarterly earnings report. All numbers are for global sales through June 30, 2009.

* The Conduit (Wii) – 150,000 units (U.S. release date June 23)

150k units for The Conduit’s release week is a good start. It will be interesting to see if the title kept up the momentum during July.

Not quite the flop as people said in the US, thats if that number is true. Remember that the game was released in July outside of North America. Will be interesting to see the global sales, us in the UK certainly didn't take to it.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will be interesting to see global sales, indeed.

I have a feeling the sales will go up due to people thinking you can Wiispeak publicly. Which you really can't. They should do some research before buying.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not terrible. If they can bring that number up to 250k, I'd bet they might actually turn a profit on it (The Conduit). Don't know what was spent on it, of course -- or what the deal between HV and SEGA was -- but I'm guessing the majority of money went into developing the engine for the game, which they'll (High Voltage) recoup in other games.

Honestly, though, I think folks got excited about this game for all the wrong reasons. High Voltage has yet to do anything that has truly impressed me.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HV have used the engine in their WiiWare games Gyrostarr, Evasive Space, High Voltage Hot Rod Show & Animales de la Muerte. Of course we already know that they use it in their next two retail games but I'm not sure if Astro Boy uses it.

I think I read somewhere that the game was practically finished when Sega picked it up and that Segadidn't pay for any actual game costs . Most of the money Sega spent on it were for manufacturing, distribution and advertising.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hadrian said:
*snip* the UK certainly didn't take to it.

My guess is that in the UK the Wii is not considered a serious gaming console more of a family/younger kids quick game/party game console and is the reason Conduit did not sell well ...

Added to this the majority of UK 16+ age range out there no doubt have XBOX360 or PS3 consoles so play games like C.O.D. Halo or KillZone 2 etc etc ....

To add more to this the Wii hasn't got the user friendly controls of the other 2 next gen consoles for this type of game anyhow, unless you opt for the gamecube or classic controller..... Shootemup/FPS games for Wii with the mote and nunchuk are just a PITA to play and don't feel at all natural for this genre!

that's my theory anyway
smile.gif

Sir-Fritz

Trophies
XP
Country
It was sad when i saw it at the shops and a "limited" edition cover version of it. The fact it has a limited edition version means it had to be pretty hyped due to it not having a previous fan base.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd rather wank myself with two cheese graters then listen to music through those.

But then I am kinky
smileipb2.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.