Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Latest Nintendo Power revealed some details about the game, details about multiplayer in bold:

QUOTE said:
- Didn’t fight Drudge in the first of the two levels NP demoed
- Instead fighting against Prometheus (terrorist) - has the power to control people
- Up to something at the Ronald Regan Washington National Airport
- Human soldiers shoot at you
- Enemies pop up from behind counters
- While fighting through the airport, brown-orange gas revives baddies - Secret behind the gas wasn’t revealed to Nintendo Power
- All Seeing Eye allows you to find a number of switches to unlock a door
- Finding switches isn’t difficult
- ASE beeps when you get closer to a hidden object
- ASE becomes very important in subsequent levels
- Much of the plot revealed in interspersed dialogue scenes between John Adams and Mr. Ford
- Plot has many twists and turns
- Game has quality voice work - Mark A. Sheppard doing voice work for Mr. Ford, Willian Morgan Sheppard doing voice work for John Adams
- Library of Congress is another level
- Have to take down Trust agents - under the mistaken impression that you’re a puppet for Prometheus, have orders to take you out
- Can play with 16 players online
- Choose to fight globally, people in your region, people who you’ve exchanged friend codes with
- Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag game modes for online
- Nintendo Power only played with 6 people only but there were no graphical or gameplay issues
- Medical Facility is one of the multiplayer maps
- All maps taken from single-player
- Medical Facility “totally remade to better suit multiplayer gameplay with what the developers call the Human Weapons set (handguns, submachine guns, shotguns, and the like).”
- It’s effective to lock onto your opponent with Z - see how much health he has left
- Head shots do substantial damage, though they don’t always kill opponents instantly
- 180-degree turn button being considered so that you could take someone out at your rear
- Training Complex another Deathmatch map
- Central area with balconies on the perimeter - leaves you open to be sniped
- Everyone starts the match with a rocket launcher
- Other weapons can be found on the map including a gun that lobs electric orbs
- Takes some time to load in a fresh rocket - Rocket can damage opponent even if the aim isn’t spot on
- WiiSpeak support wasn’t implemented for Nintendo Power’s session, but High Voltage promises it will be included when the “the game hits stores in spring.”

Sounds a lot like the multiplayer mode on Mario Kart..

source: http://www.nintendoeverything.com/?p=9833

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing Wiispeak is for friend code matches only. Hopefully there will be enough tempers that buy (or arrr) this game so I actually feel like dropping $30 on Wii speak is worth it.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I'm not saying there's gonna be a new Smash Bros. That was an example. What I'm saying is that he can't assume that these are the most wanted titles of 2009 if the year just barely started. Some awesome incredible games could be announced sometime this year that will make these games seem like nothing. You never know :B

Trippy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
War said:
I'm not saying there's gonna be a new Smash Bros. That was an example. What I'm saying is that he can't assume that these are the most wanted titles of 2009 if the year just barely started. Some awesome incredible games could be announced sometime this year that will make these games seem like nothing. You never know :B

But they're HIS most anticipated games.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Everyone start with a Rocket Launcher; that's the first multiplayer game where you can automatically start with an explosive weapon.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
War said:
Edgedancer said:
This and Madworld are my most anticipated wii games this year.
Lol that's a ridiculous statement, the year just started. For all we know, Super Smash Bros. Awesome could be announced half way through the year.
Probably is a bit short sighted but AS IT STANDS, now that I have a 360, not as much is appealing to me. I will also try out the Metroid Remakes and also No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle. Now that I think of it, the line up is reasonably strong. It only needs a Zelda to be announced.

EDIT: I just remembered that I want Sin and Punishment 2, Punch Out and Deadly Creatures. I guess I was definately short sighted but despite this, out of every game that I named, The Conduit and Madworld are still my most anticipated.

Morgawr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Canonbeat234 said:
Everyone start with a Rocket Launcher; that's the first multiplayer game where you can automatically start with an explosive weapon.

That sounds lame >_>

ps: release this for the DS please T_T

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Satangel said:
Looks very nice, 16 player online should be so much fun!

Any word on a local multiplayer though?

Local Multiplayer is not included. Was announced with this Infos, I think.

Quote from Eric Nofsinger (One of the creators)
QUOTEThus we have in the finished product no local multiplayer via split screen or over a LAN connection. Both options had once suggested, or even announced, but ultimately not able to realize. Nintendo voted against LAN options issued and the split-screen multiplayer was not working well.

Sorry dude..I'm with you
frown.gif
. But I'm happy, this will be a Game which I'll buy, and not arrr...Online-Multiplayer go
smile.gif
. Oh and about Wii-Speak...in Swizerland only Online-Shops sell it...no real Shops have it...shows how much the Shops find it useless :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning