Gaming The Conduit - mission 3

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, to end I believe the 3rd mission in the game, the second part when you go back in time after the intro tutorial section I am having some trouble with. You have to close 5 conduit portals at the Washington Monument in order to finish the level, but there are so many damn aliens that I just wind up getting steam rolled as soon as they pop out of the portals since I run out of ammo trying to destroy the damn things. Is there a trick to killing the aliens and shutting the portals?

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, SAME problem as you.

Just simply hit 2 on the Wiimote, go to options, game settings, and put the difficulty to Low or whatever the lowest setting is, exit, resume. It should be less aliens. Your health will also last longer.

smile.gif

EDIT: And after the mission is done, simply put the difficulty back to whatever you had it on.

Good luck!

Also, you can use grenades to blow them up, and you can use that one special gun that kills things in one shot. I'm hoping you found that gun by using the ASE and unlocking a special room, in the beginning?

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
knowing were all the healths are at and using the grenades correctly, you should be fine, it did take me a few tries at first

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Brian117 said:
put the difficulty to Low or whatever the lowest setting is, exit, resume.

Oh dear, my 3 year old does that with his Noddy laptop. The young generation of today, no stamina. How would you have coped back in the 80's when games were REALLY hard

Ryufushichou

I'm Not British, I'm Just Gay!
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok i did this with the Rocket Launcher and a Strike rifle, always try and get head shots and throw as many grenades as possible into the monument arch thing, then destroy the first 2 conduits you see with the rocket launcher. there are considerably less enemies now and i think you destroyed the ones those annoying rolling bombers come out of. thats how i did it. hope this helps.

- Karaku32

chrisf

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBlaster said:
knowing were all the healths are at and using the grenades correctly, you should be fine, it did take me a few tries at first

^ what he said.

also helps to crouch behind stuff and hide around walls. i stay to the left

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bazamuffin said:
Brian117 said:
put the difficulty to Low or whatever the lowest setting is, exit, resume.

Oh dear, my 3 year old does that with his Noddy laptop. The young generation of today, no stamina. How would you have coped back in the 80's when games were REALLY hard

Haha, well you should of seen how many times I died in that freaking mission. If you did see how many times, you would also tell me to go on low difficulty settings.
tongue.gif

But trust me, that's the only first time I used that easy difficulty. Just needed it to get past that one mission.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Brian117 said:
Lol, SAME problem as you.

Just simply hit 2 on the Wiimote, go to options, game settings, and put the difficulty to Low or whatever the lowest setting is, exit, resume. It should be less aliens. Your health will also last longer.

smile.gif

EDIT: And after the mission is done, simply put the difficulty back to whatever you had it on.

Good luck!

Also, you can use grenades to blow them up, and you can use that one special gun that kills things in one shot. I'm hoping you found that gun by using the ASE and unlocking a special room, in the beginning?
Of course but it doesn't have enough ammo to wipe out all the aliens.

mrdavie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I positioned myself behind the broken wall directly infront of the two pillars - that way you can see both conduits to shoot them out and any enemies that start to come towards you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16