The Conduit - mission 3

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by DSGamer64, Jul 1, 2009.

Jul 1, 2009

The Conduit - mission 3 by DSGamer64 at 5:25 AM (1,600 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. DSGamer64
    OP

Member DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    Ok, to end I believe the 3rd mission in the game, the second part when you go back in time after the intro tutorial section I am having some trouble with. You have to close 5 conduit portals at the Washington Monument in order to finish the level, but there are so many damn aliens that I just wind up getting steam rolled as soon as they pop out of the portals since I run out of ammo trying to destroy the damn things. Is there a trick to killing the aliens and shutting the portals?

2. Brian117

Member Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Lol, SAME problem as you.

Just simply hit 2 on the Wiimote, go to options, game settings, and put the difficulty to Low or whatever the lowest setting is, exit, resume. It should be less aliens. Your health will also last longer.

[​IMG]

EDIT: And after the mission is done, simply put the difficulty back to whatever you had it on.

Good luck!

Also, you can use grenades to blow them up, and you can use that one special gun that kills things in one shot. I'm hoping you found that gun by using the ASE and unlocking a special room, in the beginning?

3. WiiBlaster

Member WiiBlaster GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    knowing were all the healths are at and using the grenades correctly, you should be fine, it did take me a few tries at first

4. bazamuffin

Member bazamuffin RESIDENT DILF

United Kingdom
    Oh dear, my 3 year old does that with his Noddy laptop. The young generation of today, no stamina. How would you have coped back in the 80's when games were REALLY hard

5. Ryufushichou

Member Ryufushichou I'm Not British, I'm Just Gay!

Australia
    Ok i did this with the Rocket Launcher and a Strike rifle, always try and get head shots and throw as many grenades as possible into the monument arch thing, then destroy the first 2 conduits you see with the rocket launcher. there are considerably less enemies now and i think you destroyed the ones those annoying rolling bombers come out of. thats how i did it. hope this helps.

- Karaku32

6. chrisf

Banned chrisf Banned

United States
    ^ what he said.

also helps to crouch behind stuff and hide around walls. i stay to the left

7. Brian117

Member Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Haha, well you should of seen how many times I died in that freaking mission. If you did see how many times, you would also tell me to go on low difficulty settings. [​IMG]

But trust me, that's the only first time I used that easy difficulty. Just needed it to get past that one mission.

8. DSGamer64
    OP

Member DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    Of course but it doesn't have enough ammo to wipe out all the aliens.

9. mrdavie

Newcomer mrdavie Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    I positioned myself behind the broken wall directly infront of the two pillars - that way you can see both conduits to shoot them out and any enemies that start to come towards you.