The Conduit manual

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Prime, Jun 19, 2008.

Jun 19, 2008

The Conduit manual by Prime at 8:50 AM (1,505 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Prime
    OP

Member Prime GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
  2. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    Enemy-wise, it looks like they stole ideas from Halo, Metroid and Ninja Gaiden to make one of the most generic-looking games yet. Hopefully the online play will prove to be worthwhile, because I'm certainly not excited about the single-player experience. Of course, I could be way off base, and they might actually make a fun game, but so far it's not looking like more than a copycat experience.

3. CockroachMan

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    So.. they're trying to be the next Halo? [​IMG]

Well.. if the game end up being good, I don't really care about the generic enemies and story.. and, considering that the game doesn't have a publisher yet, that's probably not the manual

4. Prime
    OP

Member Prime GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom

5. lou_weed

Member lou_weed GBAtemp Regular

Israel
    who cares if its generic and stolen from other games?
    I would say that they all stole from wolf3d and doom..

I am waiting for this game to shake up the FPS scene on the Wii , the wii deserves much more FPS's

6. Vater Unser

Member Vater Unser GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    I'm almost sure the game will end up sucking anyway, but I do hope at least the graphics will meet their expectations...
    The game's graphic engine is likely the most advanced one on the Wii yet, and if it gets licensed by other developers, we might see some prettier Wii games soon [​IMG]

But how can you call this game generic when there is stuff like Halo and dozens of WWII shooters?
    Yes, the manual could just as well be a leak of a new Metroid Prime Hunters game, but at least it's a Sci-Fi shooter and not another fucking WWII shooter...

7. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    Well, I agree with you on one thing, Wii owners do deserve more. And I don't care if their ideas are taken from somewhere else -- God of War turned out great, and that game has shit lifted right out of Rayman 2: The Great Escape, as well as stuff from quite a few other games. But I do care if it's generic and uninteresting. I don't own a modded Wii, so I want some good damn entertainment for my $50. MoHH2 sure as hell didn't give me a $50 experience. Regardless, copying Halo's single player (at least Halo 1) would suck, in my opinion, because Halo's single player...well, sucked.

If they can do something really solid with the online, Conduit will be worth $50. If it's just more laggy mess, no thank you.

8. abort_user

Newcomer abort_user Member

United States
    i have very mixed feelings about this game. graphically it looks much better than what we are getting which is a good thing. perhaps the engine can be sold.

but i havent been a big fan of games that over-borrow. they also tend to have a short lifespan compared to games that they borrow from. however, there are a few exceptions.

there are too things that will kill this game. if the game is really short, itll be popular for a little while and then quickly forgotten. we might see a sequel or two. if the game has bad multiplayer its doa.