Hacking The Conduit Config File(CDGame.txt)

blackie909

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
emupaul' date='Jun 25 2009, 11:21 PM' post='2079231'
"well im thinking a group of amature programmers made this game they live close to where i stay in hicksville illinois..."

that's why it's the most advanced tech the Wii has seen.. because they are amateurs? the Chicago suburbs are Hicksville?

"I'm hobbiest c++ programmer and i think with the quakeIII source code and the real WII dev kit hardware, I could make a game like this too.. the Wii graphics 3d api is very close to OPENGL. if not almost the same."

uhhh... yeah.. you probably could.. you might need some duct tape too...

no offense emupaul... but you seem disgruntled or jealous.. if you really are that good of a programmer .. do it man.. get a job making games ....

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
teq said:
QUOTE said:
I've just been using Trucha Signer to insert the file back into my ISO after changing it, then sticking it onto my USB drive with one of the WBFS managers. I'd have used far too many blank DVDs the other way. wink.gif
Oh, this could be why you aren't getting any results.

For one, Trucha has a problem with certain files on most of the ISOs I've tried(for example, try extracting one of the GCS files). Use WiiScrubber instead.

Two, the game might save the config to the Wii, making any overrides invalid.

On a side note, how long did it take you to install the game? I'm averaging 5 minutes with the update partition removed.

Stuff has been working (the E3 demo thing, for example, worked), so I don't think it's the trucha signer that's causing a problem. It definitely isn't saving the config to the Wii either. More likely it's just that a lot of this stuff isn't fully working, which is why it isn't an option in the game.
tongue.gif

Posts merged

Det1re said:
QUOTE(justinrocks123 @ Jun 26 2009, 08:40 AM)
Well i got wiiscrubber. But i need the key.bin is itstill illegal to give me a download. Cause i heard marcon gave it out and said it wasn't illegal?

Take a Hexeditor, create a new file write the Key mentioned to it (still in hex mode) and save it as key.bin.
Eh, it is not really legal to share that.

Adan0s

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
teq said:
I will be running a test in about 10-15 minutes if anyone would like to join me. Just set your config as it appears above.

ouch. yeah right. the wii then just scans the whole internet for a host named gbatemp, which then propably is a wii with some kind of dedicated server running for the conduit. ouch.

Reboot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I read a few pages and the last one, but didn't see an answer.

Has anyone tried enabling classic controller support since obviously it was there at one time?

Would love to know.

ThaKillerKlown

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reboot said:
So I read a few pages and the last one, but didn't see an answer.

Has anyone tried enabling classic controller support since obviously it was there at one time?

Would love to know.

Prepare to be flamed. They tried, it doesn't work... Here is hoping something changes later on.

teq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
I really don't see the point of playing the game with the classic controller. It takes away the whole purpose of a Wii FPS (not to mention you can get some dead-on accuracy with enough usage).

It actually serves two purposes: one practical and one intellectual.

From a practical standpoint, it's easier for people with carpal tunnel, RSI, or other conditions and disabilities to have a Classic Controller resting in their lap than it is to use the Wiimote. From an intellectual standpoint, it's always interesting and rewarding to enable features that weren't intended to be enabled.

For gamers in general, this also opens the avenue of binding more functions to the controller. The Classic Controller has 14 buttons, not including the two 8-way analog sticks, while the Wiimote and Nunchuk combo only has 12, not including the power button or analog stick. And don't rule out the idea that the classic controller has a better layout -- giving you access to more buttons per finger and more buttons simultaneously(especially if you have long thumbs and are used to holding b while tapping a from the days of Super Mario Bros).

Reboot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii controls are great, for some games. There are however, games I prefer to use a controller on, instead of motion sensing. FPS would be one of them. I'm one of those people that dont want to sit holding my arm out for hours on end, which is how I game on FPS. Its just too tiresome for extended gameplay.

That being said, I loved the fact that you could use old school controls on the new Punch Out. Anygame that can support classic controls, should support them. It doesn't take away from the wii, it just adds options and enables more gamers to enjoy the product.

teq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Major Update:

Enabling DEBUG_MULTIPLAYER is a GOLDMINE!

It allows you to choose the channel you want to connect to, who to connect to, and even allows you to make LAN games. Yes, that's right LAN games!

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
teq said:
From a practical standpoint, it's easier for people with carpal tunnel, RSI, or other conditions and disabilities to have a Classic Controller resting in their lap than it is to use the Wiimote. From an intellectual standpoint, it's always interesting and rewarding to enable features that weren't intended to be enabled.
I could see how some would benefit from the practical side, but for me it's the other one. Mostly I just find this kind of thing fascinating.
smile.gif

Posts merged

QUOTE(teq @ Jun 26 2009, 08:30 PM) Major Update:

Enabling DEBUG_MULTIPLAYER is a GOLDMINE!

It allows you to choose the channel you want to connect to, who to connect to, and even allows you to make LAN games. Yes, that's right LAN games!
:wtf: Are the regular options intact? That's pretty cool that you could make a LAN game. I wonder how many systems you could link?

teq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
9th_Sage said:
:wtf: Are the regular options intact? That's pretty cool that you could make a LAN game. I wonder how many systems you could link?

Yes. A second "Multiplayer" menu item appears on the main menu, keeping the other one intact.

I was trying with a custom titled ISO and it wouldn't let me onto normal games, but that might not be the case for a normal one.

Clearly the game has server capability built in, which is an amazing feat for a Wii game(most other games are hosted on an external server).

You can link 16 systems (over a router, of course), but the real beauty is that you can select which "channel"(think server sockets) to use. This means that you could theoretically host as many 16 player LAN games as your router can handle and there are 100+ channels (The NTSC game ships with 35 as the default).

teq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, this DWC_STATE_INVALID message is really getting annoying.

I'm either going to turn of DWC or just use the retail title id and see if that works.

In any case, I'll be hosting a game again soon. I'm using the same handle as I do here, so you'll know if you see me in a game.

Ben.

Trophies
XP
Country
This is a little off topic but has anyone gotten into these gcm and gcs files? I assume these would hold actual game data, textures, models etc.

Edit: Can we use USB keyboards to chat in mutliplayer? It's just a thought.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Ben. said:
This is a little off topic but has anyone gotten into these gcm and gcs files? I assume these would hold actual game data, textures, models etc.

I don't think it supports USB Keyboards. Haven't seen anything to make me think that.

teq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ben. said:

From what I've seen, nobody has tried to extract content yet. This is mostly due to the fact that the game has only been released on one continent, though I know people from other regions already have it.

As I mentioned before, they appear to be RIFF packed into a proprietary BGIB archive.

The game does not have any sort of chat support built into it. However, if someone were crafty enough, I believe the Scaleform menus being built upon Flash files would be a good entry point for developing one. That is, of course, if you could get a TCP connection through Scaleform.

EDIT: I am now trying the modifications with a retail label, so I hope DWC lets me through.

Ben.

Trophies
XP
Country
Ah... It'd be nice to see someone develop support for chat and it'd be nice to run a version possibly edited to include mainly multiplayer, new skins etc. Until then (the long time away) I think I'll play more with this config file. Trying Debug multiplayer mode now.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
teq said:
Okay, this DWC_STATE_INVALID message is really getting annoying.

I'm either going to turn of DWC or just use the retail title id and see if that works.

In any case, I'll be hosting a game again soon. I'm using the same handle as I do here, so you'll know if you see me in a game.
Which options did you enable exactly to get the extra options? I turned on debug_multiplayer and it seems to be trying to connect me to a game directly (or at least it says it's searching for players to match against). It did load my profile too. I'm not getting any errors anyway. Oh, oops. Maybe I should turn off "AUTO_CONNECT".
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome