Hacking The Conduit Config File(CDGame.txt)

teq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
emupaul said:
i wouldn't be surprised if you could add a line to the config file and the game will parse it just fine (just a guess). Maybe there is omitted / undocumented variables the game also reads from CDGame.txt.
with some educated guesses maybe something could be found
wink.gif

I posted what appears to be the rest a page or two ago:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=163...t&p=2079143

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah...I wanted to mention this (everyone probably has noticed already) but there are a few videos in the movies folder on the disc that are not going to be in the game anywhere....the intro for the E3 demo (IIRC I've seen this one used as a trailer for the game), and one that was from GDC.
smile.gif
They are easily playable with the Bink Video software.

teq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
9th_Sage said:
Oh yeah...I wanted to mention this (everyone probably has noticed already) but there are a few videos in the movies folder on the disc that are not going to be in the game anywhere....the intro for the E3 demo, and one that was from GDC.
smile.gif
They are easily playable with the Bink Video software.

I believe they're in the Gallery/part of the promotional stuff.

Anyway, I was thinking about starting a private server. Using the following config variables, I believe it will allow us to easily join each others' games without having to use friend codes:

CODEAUTO_HOSTÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂOFFÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ// ON=Automatically host a network game after booting.
AUTO_CONNECTÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂONÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ// ON=Automatically join a network game after booting.
AUTO_NAMEÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂGBATEMPÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ// Name of network game to host/join automatically.

I will be running a test in about 10-15 minutes if anyone would like to join me. Just set your config as it appears above.

emupaul

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
teq said:
I will be running a test in about 10-15 minutes if anyone would like to join me. Just set your config as it appears above.
maybe another day! I hope other users on here can help test though. I find all this very interesting, the reason why i signed up today lol.

teq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
9th_Sage said:
teq said:
I believe they're in the Gallery/part of the promotional stuff.
Aaaah, hadn't got that far yet.
tongue.gif
Also, I'll try to join you. I'm pretty tired though, so if I play terribly that's why. lol

Yeah, I'm just guessing, really.

maybe another day! I hope other users on here can help test though. I find all this very interesting, the reason why i signed up today lol.

No problem, we'll save you a seat.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
justinrocks123 said:
Hey do u burn to disk or use the usb loader? Cause im dumbing the conduit right now so i can get the iso to change configuration.
I've just been using Trucha Signer to insert the file back into my ISO after changing it, then sticking it onto my USB drive with one of the WBFS managers. I'd have used far too many blank DVDs the other way.
wink.gif

teq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Are you hosting? It didn't really seem to do anything when I booted with that configuration (well, nothing unusual anyway).

I'm going to attempt to (hence the test). Should be pretty quick on my FIOS.

QUOTE said:
Hey do u burn to disk or use the usb loader? Cause im dumbing the conduit right now so i can get the iso to change configuration.

USBLoader. I haven't used discs in months.

With the USBLoader and the ISO title renamer, I can have multiple versions of a single game on the drive at a time, in case one messes up.

I've just been using Trucha Signer to insert the file back into my ISO after changing it, then sticking it onto my USB drive with one of the WBFS managers. I'd have used far too many blank DVDs the other way. wink.gif

Oh, this could be why you aren't getting any results.

For one, Trucha has a problem with certain files on most of the ISOs I've tried(for example, try extracting one of the GCS files). Use WiiScrubber instead.

Two, the game might save the config to the Wii, making any overrides invalid.

On a side note, how long did it take you to install the game? I'm averaging 5 minutes with the update partition removed.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
teq said:
QUOTE said:
Are you hosting? It didn't really seem to do anything when I booted with that configuration (well, nothing unusual anyway).

Ah, well let me know when you're doing it. Also, I noticed (which I didn't before) that it appears to be loading the first profile automagically instead of allowing me to choose it, so I guess it's doing SOMETHING.
tongue.gif

Justin121994

Bitcoin. coinbase.com/andrew
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damnn i dont have hdd. Only a small 2 gb flash and an old 8gb hard drive that doesnt even show up when i used it on the computer with wbfs. Well i can't try it out maybe when i get an hdd.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
justinrocks123 said:
Damnn i dont have hdd. Only a small 2 gb flash and an old 8gb hard drive that doesnt even show up when i used it on the computer with wbfs. Well i can't try it out maybe when i get an hdd.
I'm sure you could burn a copy, it would just take forever since you'd have to burn it each time you changed something.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I hate to do this, but I'm out for tonight. It's about 2 AM here, gotta get some sleep. I hope the test works out, that would be pretty interesting if it did.

teq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
9th_Sage said:
teq said:
QUOTE said:

Ah, well let me know when you're doing it. Also, I noticed (which I didn't before) that it appears to be loading the first profile automagically instead of allowing me to choose it, so I guess it's doing SOMETHING.
tongue.gif

Speaking of doing something, changing the name of the server from NA to anything else prevents you from going online.

"NA" probably signifies North America, instead of "Not Available". Pity... back to the drawing board.

I'm also looking up Scaleform*. They've been around since 2005, so there should be something on extraction.

*Scaleform is responsible for an intermediary between Flash and the display driver. It's primarily used for HUDs and has been used a lot, apparently:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scaleform

I guess this means there are SWF files somewhere.

Justin121994

Bitcoin. coinbase.com/andrew
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i got wiiscrubber. But i need the key.bin is itstill illegal to give me a download. Cause i heard marcon gave it out and said it wasn't illegal?

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
justinrocks123 said:
Well i got wiiscrubber. But i need the key.bin is itstill illegal to give me a download. Cause i heard marcon gave it out and said it wasn't illegal?

It's ebe42a225e8593e448d9c5457381aaf7. Take a Hexeditor, create a new file write the Key mentioned to it (still in hex mode) and save it as key.bin.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1