Hacking the compatiblity isn't 100% afterall?

stop_loading

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
scorpei's listed 0759 (Ryuusei no Rockman: Leo), as non working on m3 simply page, is this true?

and a couple days ago, they list 2 roms on R4 that don't work; bomberman and another code, however these roms listed as working now, do they work on 1.04?

dazinith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if your talking about bomberman touch it works fine, although i've only used 1.05.. dunno about the other ones you mention.

eltia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am just curious. Of all the flash cart solution in the market now, which one has true 100% compatibility? Thanks!

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes, someone had bomberman (J) and another code (J) as not working with 1.05. So I tried them both out of curiousity and they both worked perfectly fine. So I changed it.

xler8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
only problem game so far, AFAIK is Tony Hawk DJ, which is playable, but runs with around 20% slowdown.

EDIT: The TH:DJ slowdown is confirmed on multiple microSD carts. Slowdown in Animal Crossing or other games is usually related to a microSD brand compatibilty issue.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
scorpei's listed 0759 (Ryuusei no Rockman: Leo), as non working on m3 simply page, is this true?

I'll try this on my R4 when it's finished downloading.

Note there is:
RYUUSEI_NO_ROCKMAN_LEO_JPN_NDS-WRG
And
RYUUSEI_NO_ROCKMAN_LEO_PROPER_JPN_NDS-WRG

Probably someone tried the first one (Presume it was a bad dump seeing as it was propered?) and assumed it didn't work on their hardware.

EDIT: Yeah, works fine on R4 so no reason why it shouldn't on M3.

dazinith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
only problem game so far, AFAIK is Tony Hawk DJ, which is playable, but runs with around 20% slowdown.Â

EDIT: The TH:DJ slowdown is confirmed on multiple microSD carts. Slowdown in Animal Crossing or other games is usually related to a microSD brand compatibilty issue.

plays fine on my R4, but then again i haven't played it on anything else so i cant say it isnt slowing down - it just isnt apparent to me.

phoood

taking it to a whole new level.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There usually is no true 100% compatibility. destructobot says the Acecard has it, so I'll take his word on it.

They just want you'r support money. Thats what updates are for. If they stoped making games, there might be soon a 100% compatible sloution.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I should clarify that the Acekard is 100% in terms of running the games, but it does not have 100% compatibility for download play(no cart does, though the DS-X comes the closest). It also has other problems, but that's been discussed to death already in more appropriate places.

Katalyst

Johnald Everyperson
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I should clarify that the Acekard is 100% in terms of running the games, but it does not have 100% compatibility for download play(no cart does, though the DS-X comes the closest). It also has other problems, but that's been discussed to death already in more appropriate places.
/agree. I guess it really depends on what "100% compatibility" consists of to most people. If we're talking about running games, R4 has 100% compatibility. I haven't seen personally or heard of (according to the list) any games not running at all. If some take "100% compatibilty" as in all games should work as they do their retails, I don't think any card has that kind of 100% compatibility. All either have slow downs or freezes with certain games, download play doesn't work with some games, etc. So take it as you will is all I can say..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: collecting the coins, or wall busting through the game