The classic "girls" thread

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by sonknuck23, Jul 23, 2010.

Jul 23, 2010

The classic "girls" thread by sonknuck23 at 2:50 PM (1,920 Views / 0 Likes) 34 replies

1. sonknuck23
    OP

Member sonknuck23 Mighty Switch Force >

Canada
    Can someone tell me what I've done wrong? I made one mistake (which I rarely ever do,) and my girlfriend flips out on how I should organize myself. . . . when almost EVERYTIME we go out, she forgets her bus-pass in that shoulder-mess she calls a purse.

Everytime we go to the bank she forgets her Bank Card (even when I ask her if she has it, she says yes.)
    EveryTIME I pick her up after work, we walk for 5 minutes to the bus stop, and she makes me run back to her work 'cause she forget her iPhone.
    Everytime important documents are needed, she spends hours and hours turning her room upside down looking for them.

So I told her, "Coming from you, you shouldn't yell at me about getting organized." And now she's super super pissed at me. I admit what I said wasn't nice, but the fact that she was yelling at me to "get organized", I figured what better way to defend myself from being put down than let her know she does it ALL THE TIME.

Am I being ridiculous or unfair?! Am I being "an asshole", as she so nicely put it?

2. BobTheJoeBob

Member BobTheJoeBob The most optimistic person on the temp. :)

United Kingdom
    Girls hate being contradicted. just a stereotype I know, but from what I've seen it's true.

3. Phoenix Goddess

Member Phoenix Goddess The Ninja's Protégée

United States
    No, you said what was right.
    She's just mad cause it's the truth lol she'll get over it.
    One thing about women, is we sometimes hate to be wrong, especially in arguments XD

Don't worry, you were fair.

4. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    So what kind of mistake did you make? And "more organized", in what sense?

5. CamulaHikari

Member CamulaHikari Kami Kurai

Netherlands
    You're not being unfair, you just stated the truth. But you could have put it a bit nicer maybe, but if it's true that she puts you down all the time... Then I would say it's definitely fair.

Maybe an idea is to get a piece of paper and write three good points about each other and explain why you find them so, also write three bad points about each other and also explain.
    I did it with my friend once and it really helped us.

6. Danny600kill

Member Danny600kill xD

United Kingdom
    I know this from experience, she will get over it, just give her a bit of time [​IMG]

Good Luck

7. Logan 5

Member Logan 5 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    your girlfriend is a bitch, dump her.

8. Phoenix Goddess

United States

Spoken like an expert on girls.
    (sarcasm)

9. Lily

Former Staff Lily One Scary Lady

Canada
    It sounds to me as if your girlfriend is over-reacting because she feels that in fact she *IS* very organized. She may actually be an organized person, but is simply "scattered" when managing things that obviously aren't rating very high on her own scale of importance, like the location of her ID documents/etc.

Perhaps you should have added in some specific examples so that she had a better idea of what you were talking about -- otherwise it just feels like a big slam all at once and she ends up defensive (pissed).

Just approach her with an "I'm sorry about what I said, but when you told me to get organized, *I FELT* like that was unfair because .. (x) (y) (z)." One of the absolute biggest mistakes people make when trying to get over a fight is by saying how things *ARE* as opposed to how they *FEEL* and *PERCEIVE* them. Just because the world looks a particular way to you does not necessarily mean that another person will see it the same way. Should be a pretty easy thing to get over, and all will once again be well with the world.

Good luck.

10. Duero

Newcomer Duero Advanced Member

Taiwan

what she said >< no but rely girls hate to be wrong just leave her be a few hours then just have make up sex always worked when my Ex was pissed.
    or do like me stay single forever easy and relaxing and no demanding girl that tells me what I can or can not do with my own life.

11. sonknuck23
    OP

Canada
    I went to her and told her I'm sorry, and we talked more. Then, in the middle of apologizing, and having a "moment", if you will, she's like "OMG I HAVE TO GO TO THE WASHROOM" so she can put make-up on her face.

I lost it, and told her that I'm sick of having serious conversations with her and she does trivial stupid things in the middle of me being dead serious and pouring my heart out.

Thanks for your help guys, but I'm still pissed 'cause I apologized and she acted like it meant ZERO to her.

12. Wombo Combo

Member Wombo Combo That Ain't Falco

United States

Honestly from reading all of your posts she is acting like a bitch.

13. Veho

Croatia
    You still didn't tell us what she yelled at you about.

14. Phoenix Goddess

United States

Did you ask how how come it feels like she can never be serious during serious conversations?

15. sonknuck23
    OP

Canada
    (And for those wondering). . .

The mistake WAS: I Was told a few days ago that someone needs to be here on Saturday (tomorrow) to pick up the rent. My girlfriends mom is going to HeavyMTL (concert), and my girlfriend works 'till 2. The rent is being picked up at 1. I said "I think I'm doing something, but I'm sure I can do it. I'll let you know."

I just remembered today that I'm seeing my dad tomorrow, he's in town and last time I saw him was the show my band played on May 15th, so I told my girlfriend that. She spazzed, and that's where this all began. I figured things out, My dad is gonna' see me after I pick up the rent, problem solved.

But between her and I, there's a lot of history and I'm still mad at the way she acts. she does the Wrong things at the wrong time and it makes me think she doesn't give a shit.

EDIT: Then people tell me that I'm being a bitch and they're like "dude, be a man."

I guess being a man entails having to deal with garbage and putting up with her non-sense. Maybe I'm a bit more emotional than most dudes, but man or woman; if you piss me off, I'm letting you know.

(The difference is, if you're a man, I usually end up smacking you in the mouth. . . jokes.)

16. Phoenix Goddess

United States
    A man can have emotions, as long as he's not a huge baby, then it gets annoying.

You have every right to be upset, but you did make an effort to try to keep everyone happy even if you're getting yelled at in the end :/

Don't let it bother you so much, it will all roll over and when you two are both calm, then talk about it.

17. Veho

Croatia
    She's trying to alleviate the pressure. I know I'm horrible at serious conversations, they make me very uncomfortable and I just want to escape, so when I'm cornered into having a heart to heart conversation I can't help but spew bad jokes the whole time (not that my jokes are ever not bad, but in these cases they're especially horrible) to break the tension. I can't help it. Maybe she's like that.

And sonknuck, her being messy and your being disorganized are different things and you can't compare them.

18. Duero

Newcomer Duero Advanced Member

Taiwan
    okey she is not even listening to you she can be clad your not like me when my Ex pissed me of for like 100th time I just kicked her out and said get out of here grow up or find a boyfriend thats loves to be your slave and loves that you never listen to him.

If you gonna be a man, be a man and kick her out or Start with taking a break. A nice guy like you shall not just stand there and take shit.

19. Phoenix Goddess

United States

That's natural. I giggle during serious conversations and when I'm angry, all cause I can't get my nerves under control and that usually causes even more fights, even though I can't help it.

20. Scott-105

Member Scott-105 Bow to me. Please?

Canada
    The way you talk about this girl in your threads makes her seem REALLY annoying. I havn't met her, but judging from your posts she doesn't seem very good for you.