ROM Hack The Cfw Dilemma

PokeNev

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, sd cards will eventually stop working, wether it be them not working or no old ones work and the new sd cards are too big. So, I have a n2ds xl and made it so without my sd card I could turn the system on! Yay! But all the games are gone, like backups and such. So, which backup, not plural since games are a bit bigger than 1 gig mostly, should I choose? And how will I even put the backup straight to the regular nand? Please Help. I think this is an interesting topic, but no one by then will probably even know what a 3ds is. Good day!

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, sd cards will eventually stop working, wether it be them not working or no old ones work and the new sd cards are too big. So, I have a n2ds xl and made it so without my sd card I could turn the system on! Yay! But all the games are gone, like backups and such. So, which backup, not plural since games are a bit bigger than 1 gig mostly, should I choose? And how will I even put the backup straight to the regular nand? Please Help. I think this is an interesting topic, but no one by then will probably even know what a 3ds is. Good day!
all the games are saved to the sd card. there is not anywhere near enough space without one. Aswell. booting from ctr nand should be a normal set up when installing cfw to any console.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get a bigger mSD card

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Your ctrnand will have about 650mb of data room. which will render most games useless. aside from that.. consistent reads and writes will kill your nand very quickly. It was never intended for such a thing. Hence why you have the sd card.

PokeNev

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your ctrnand will have about 650mb of data room. which will render most games useless. aside from that.. consistent reads and writes will kill your nand very quickly. It was never intended for such a thing. Hence why you have the sd card.
But I have a eshop game that's like 10mb how do I save it?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Get a bigger mSD card
I am a noob so, what is a mSD card? Sorry

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you know they need a mSD they never stated what 3ds they have.

So, sd cards will eventually stop working, wether it be them not working or no old ones work and the new sd cards are too big. So, I have a "n2ds xl" and made it so without my sd card I could turn the system on! Yay! But all the games are gone, like backups and such. So, which backup, not plural since games are a bit bigger than 1 gig mostly, should I choose? And how will I even put the backup straight to the regular nand? Please Help. I think this is an interesting topic, but no one by then will probably even know what a 3ds is. Good day!

Yea they NEVER stated what 3ds they have

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
But I have a eshop game that's like 10mb how do I save it?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I am a noob so, what is a mSD card? Sorry
Honestly. I would never recommend to do anything of this sort. Humans have not perfected electronics. And probably never will since it reduces money since things will never break and need replacing and you know how humans are when it comes to them wanting their corrupt grubby sparklies. You will take out the nand a lot quicker which means you will be replacing the console more to keep doing what your doing.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So, sd cards will eventually stop working, wether it be them not working or no old ones work and the new sd cards are too big. So, I have a "n2ds xl" and made it so without my sd card I could turn the system on! Yay! But all the games are gone, like backups and such. So, which backup, not plural since games are a bit bigger than 1 gig mostly, should I choose? And how will I even put the backup straight to the regular nand? Please Help. I think this is an interesting topic, but no one by then will probably even know what a 3ds is. Good day!

Yea they NEVER stated what 3ds they have
Ok I stand corrected.

PokeNev

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly. I would never recommend to do anything of this sort. Humans have not perfected electronics. And probably never will since it reduces money since things will never break and need replacing and you know how humans are when it comes to them wanting their corrupt grubby sparklies. You will take out the nand a lot quicker which means you will be replacing the console more to keep doing what your doing.
Ok, I get it thx for your help. Cya. You can keep discussing if you want.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, sd cards will eventually stop working, wether it be them not working or no old ones work and the new sd cards are too big.
Are you concerned that some day new SD cards will no longer be available? That day is so far in the future that you will surely have lost interest in your 3DS by the time that day arrives.

PokeNev

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you concerned that some day new SD cards will no longer be available? That day is so far in the future that you will surely have lost interest in your 3DS by the time that day arrives.
No I’m saying the new sd cards will be too big to put in the 3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I’m saying the new sd cards will be too big to put in the 3ds
The 3DS systems should theoretically be capable of handling 16 TB SD cards due to the FAT32 format standard, although typical computers using FAT32 usually tap off at 2 TB max. The present market has 1 TB (micro)SDXC cards, although at that capacity everything would probably take forever to load.

IMO, the upper practical max limit is 200-256 GB where the trade-off of loading speed versus size isn't too bad on the n3DS / n3DSXL / n2DSXL and when using 64 KB cluster size.

So long as silicon chip manufacturing has imperfections, there will always be smaller sized SD cards from binning and recycling bad batches.

Edit - Oh, if you're looking for SD cards, check my sig.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm in my birthday suit! Lol