The Castlevania:POR freezing bug

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Ruzz, Jul 4, 2008.

Jul 4, 2008

The Castlevania:POR freezing bug by Ruzz at 1:51 AM (1,195 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. Ruzz
    OP

Newcomer Ruzz Advanced Member

Singapore
    I was just wondering if this freezing bug in POR that only affect us pirates is made intentional by the developers? Sure as hell hope Ecclesia won't have this freeze as well [​IMG]

2. DespizingU

Member DespizingU GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I believe it only has to do with slow microsd cards. The game will freeze sometimes on my Sandisk or 2gb Kingston Japan microsd. But it won't freeze on my 1gb Kingston Japan, or A-Data 4gb Class 6. And...it will not freeze on my DS-Linker or G6 Real/G6 Lite, that all have internal NAND memory.

So no, it doesn't look to be an anti-pirate measure. I would get yourself a fast microsd before Ecclesia comes out though, just in case.

3. Heran Bago

Member Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

United States
    No you are paranoid. The speed of the original cart is slightly faster. There are a couple others like Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam, iirc.

4. Raestloz

Member Raestloz GBATemp's Lone Wolf

Indonesia
    No, it's because the microSD speed. Some are slow, some are fast, and slow cards will cause lags in PoR. My Brother in law never has any problem with his PoR

5. Ruzz
    OP

Newcomer Ruzz Advanced Member

Singapore
    Wait, i'm using a kingston 1gb micro SD card bought from Singapore. How do I know if a sd card is slow or fast? Or rather which are the fast or slow ones cuz I might be purchasing one soon.

Thanks!

6. Virusak

Member Virusak GBAtemp Regular

Czech Republic
    it freezes even on cards with their own NAND memory so I don't think it has something to do with card speed

7. InuYasha

Member InuYasha Professional Coke Fiend

United States
    I'm towards the end of the game and I havn't had any issues with lag or freezes with my 2gig kingston card(fat16).....

8. ECJanga

Member ECJanga GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    My friend has a real cartridge and even that freezes occasionally....

9. Truliche

Member Truliche GBAtemp Regular

Ecuador
    The game is still very playable, I played on a 2GB Sandisk (without any filesystem tweaks) and it only froze in a few parts.

I don't really understand why, it's not like PoR streams more content than Dawn of Sorrow, Ecclesia will probably have no freezing.

10. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    Castlevania:PoR is just a bug riddled game, off the top of my head:

1: Getting infinite rewards from missions by pressing start to exit
    2: Extra jump by making partner jump with touchscreen, then switching partners.
    3: Freezing on slow access memory.

On the two Sandisk microSDs I used (1gb on R4, then 2gb on CycloDS), Castlevania would freeze, usually when trying to load parts of the game when music had yet to load.

When I got my 4gb Sandisk though (Taiwanese mind you), the freezes stopped completely.

11. pokemongalaxy

Banned pokemongalaxy Banned

Canada
    I get the same thing on my 1gb kingston jp and 1gb daneelec. Always freezes, especially when I press start... [​IMG]

12. DespizingU

Member DespizingU GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    And what carts are these? I've played the game on three carts that has internal NAND memory, and have experienced no freezes. I've even tried to make the game freeze with no such luck. Same with my original game cart.