modshroom128

OP
Trophies
Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States
can someone give me a quick summary of what the auther is trying to express in this book...
just a couple sentences... tankz!

*goes back to looking pr0n and reading the scene INFOz for the my little pony games*

leetdude_007

Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is this for some book assignment? Jared Diamond argues that the reason why certain civilizations have flourished to this very day is due to chance and not by mental superiority. Success is dictated by the resources available, the geographical location, and susceptibility to disease. Professor Diamond elaborates on these reasons through examples. For example, he explores societies that have not been able to expand to other regions of the world and the societies that have. Another example he showcases are the civilizations that have failed in history. The title of his book takes is the essence of his theory. Again, he gives a lot more detail and articulate discussion, and therefore it is appropriate that he published a book.

This is a very brief summary, so read. He makes a very convincing argument, but after you read the book you should definitely study critics of his theory. If you want a more visual form of a summary, look for the three part series that was broadcasted on PBS via BT or something..

EDIT: I agree that you should learn how to use the fucking internet.

modshroom128

OP
Trophies
Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE([M) said:
artin,Aug 17 2007, 03:18 PM]Oh hi, you're on a little thing called THE INTERNET. FUCKING USE IT!http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guns_germs_and_steelhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guns_germs_and_steel

Nah he just wants to keep up his post count, as he can no longer ask for those surveys and free offers
yeah... i dont realy wanna get banned for spamming.
i guess i was like... high on spamming power or somethin...

oh well, that faze has passed.

modshroom128

OP
Trophies
Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE([M said:
im super sorry that i offended you guys here, on a forum, by asking a question that could have been found by using google.
rolleyes.gif

iTech

Trophies
Website
www.mikethespike.net
XP
Country
United States
Man, a triple post?Â
huh.gif
Is six posts!
And two monitors, and I have four legs, four feet and one genital! Wow! That "Extacid" I invented is the cooliest!

[EDIT:]modshroom128 does this all the time. If you ask me, he should be banned.
From the medicine cabinet. See mod? You could edit your posts to add extra shit to them, but I personally wouldn't do that because I simply don't work that way. I'll eat my sister's pissdrenched steel wool blanket before I give in to editing posts!

modshroom128

OP
Trophies
Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States
Man, a triple post? 
huh.gif

Is six posts!
And two monitors, and I have four legs, four feet and one genital! Wow! That "Extacid" I invented is the cooliest!

[EDIT:]modshroom128 does this all the time. If you ask me, he should be banned.
From the medicine cabinet. See mod? You could edit your posts to add extra shit to them, but I personally wouldn't do that because I simply don't work that way. I'll eat my sister's pissdrenched steel wool blanket before I give in to editing posts!
is she teh hot?

(lol im an asshole)

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe the post count should only increase for posts with more than 100 characters or something, for I've seen people who dish out 100 of one liner posts in a very short period just to increase post count.

I have no idea why someone wants to increase post count once they got past 100, I thought only new people do it, to use the trade forum.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?