The Binding of Isaac: Repentance announced, teased for reveal at PAX West

maxresdefault_thumb-31.jpg

Something new regarding The Binding of Isaac has been teased by Nicalis. A short trailer was uploaded, dramatically revealing a logo and title for The Binding of Isaac: Repentance. At the end of the video, we're told to wait for PAX West to see more information about it, which will be held from August 31 to September 3.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the problem with BoI is, after like the second update, it was all but unplayable unless you were willing to spend weeks memorizing increasingly similar looking item graphics and their interactions.
9 out of 10 items you find would power you down or interact with your already collected items so negative, you might as well just start over.

most runs, your damage output is so low, you'll spend 15 minutes to whittle away at any boss, leaving you open to so many stray shots hitting you. and its not even the bosses only, there's so many enemies that require too many hits to beat and if they're quick and homing and can only be hit from one direction that's only exposed for a second, its just annoying and idiotic.
coincidentally, while so many items remain basically useless and a waste of treasure room key, others are so absurdly useful (anything that lets you fly over spikes, holes and obstacles, brimstone, that thing that turns your tears into bombs, the half damage hat ...) that you might as well reset your runs over and over until you get one of them.

not to mention the additional randomness of cards, trinkets and pills and with all the additional potential item drops, you're constantly running low on keys, bombs and coins too.

Last edited by Clydefrosch,

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the problem with BoI is, after like the second update, it was all but unplayable unless you were willing to spend weeks memorizing increasingly similar looking item graphics and their interactions.
9 out of 10 items you find would power you down or interact with your already collected items so negative, you might as well just start over.

Yeah, true... it's why I can run through the 3ds release, but I'm yet to complete a single run on the PS4 version.

Even so BoI is a gem of a game and I'll probably support any future plans they have for the series.

Reactions: Vorde

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, true... it's why I can run through the 3ds release, but I'm yet to complete a single run on the PS4 version.

Even so BoI is a gem of a game and I'll probably support any future plans they have for the series.
The 3ds version is vanilla rebirth, it should be easy enough to get a complete run on it,
ps4 though depending if you got afterbirth and afterbirth+ expansions which made the game alot more diffucult.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The 3ds version is vanilla rebirth, it should be easy enough to get a complete run on it,
ps4 though depending if you got afterbirth and afterbirth+ expansions which made the game alot more diffucult.
Exactly what I was saying; vanilla Rebirth on 3ds = easy to get a complete run, PS4 (retail disk) Afterbirth+ = never completed a run due to exactly what @Clydefrosch said... it's 'artificially' more difficult due to the need to memorize an unreasonable amount of 'power up' items.

Last edited by duwen,

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The azazel nerf wasnt helping things either, its not even worth it unless you want flight at the start.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played the game for a few hours, but could never get into it. Felt like I was back in 2002 playing a flash game on newgrounds. Not necessarily a bad thing, just one of those things. the randomness of everything, along with the controls, always felt a bit iffy to me. Beating bosses never really felt satisfactory because I didn't know if I was getting better or getting luckier. The impact luck has on the game makes it something I'm not likely to get too hyped about. But it seems loads of people do love it, so I'm quite happy they're making more stuff for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol