Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gallery_177066_262_7432.jpg

Indie hit The Binding of Isaac is being remade for consoles and the PC as well, according to game creator Edmund McMillen.

McMillen stated that the remake would bring with a "Wrath of the Lamb size expansion" as well as tons of new content such as co-op, additional bosses, more playable characters, and a lot more.

The game may also be coming to the recent Kickstarter record-breaking console Ouya, if the publisher is willing. While "all consoles" wasn't specified upon, McMillen stated iOS and Android and one could safely assume the Xbox 360, Playstation 3, Wii U, 3DS, and Vita.

The game was originally made on Flash, which, according to McMillen, caused many issues with its size. After all this new content was added, the game would become "worse and worse". The remake will presumably "unbind" Isaac from Flash, hence why it is also coming to its originally released platform, Steam, not long after its release.

No word on a release or pricing was announced, but keep your eyes peeled.

:arrow: Source

Reactions: 1 person

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wont see it on Nintendo platforms unless a lot is changed. Nintendo refused the 3DS version due to "questionable religious content".

D

Deleted_171835

They tried to get a 3DS eShop release and Nintendo didn't let them so it won't be there.

Probably going to come on XBLA. I heard he was trying to get it on PSN, too.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And to think that sneaky bastard said he was done with Isaac. I'm looking forward to this as I really liked Binding of Isaac.
Also I wouldn't worry about pricing, Edmunds games are never very expensive.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fuck yes, buying this on every platform.

I remember him saying sometime around the WotL release that it might eventually be ported to C++ or something and eventually a proper Linux version could be released then, but I didn't actually expect it to happen. Hopefully it'll run on Linux without WINE, but either way I'm buying the Steam and XBLA versions, Android and even Nintendo ones if they get made.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Ugh, why does it have to be
...being remade for consoles and PC as well

Why not?
...being remade for PC and consoles as well

I hate it when consoles get the priority, especially with games originally for PC. Let's just hope this doesn't cause the PC version to be overpriced, have stupid controls and be released later.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
I was put off from purchasing this on Steam due to not being able to play it using a control pad, i don't fancy playing it with keys.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh, why does it have to be
...being remade for consoles and PC as well

Why not?
...being remade for PC and consoles as well

I hate it when consoles get the priority, especially with games originally for PC. Let's just hope this doesn't cause the PC version to be overpriced, have stupid controls and be released later.

It was a matter of wording. I only put "PC as well" because it might surprise people that it's getting remade for the same platform like a year after release.

Plus it's The Binding of Isaac. I doubt there's really going to be an issue with consoles possibly having priority on this one.

D

Deleted_171835

This isn't some big multi-plat game. It's Binding of Isaac, it won't make a difference.

And it came out on PC first, anyways.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Nice. It will be much better to play this with an actual controller. On the couch. In front of my 50" Plasma.
hdmi_cable.jpg

Xbox360-controller.jpg

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/PC_Gaming_On_A_TV_And_Couch

You're welcome.

...or...I could just use my 360 for what it's meant to be used for.

Reactions: 1 person
D

Deleted_171835

...or...I could just use my 360 for what it's meant to be used for.
Assuming this comes out on XBLA, that is.

Just clearing up the myth that PC gaming can only work with a computer monitor and mouse/keyboard.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game doesn't translate smoothly to a controller anyways as it is, at least in my opinion. Plus, being Flash-based, it already runs slowly on occasion; I'd hate to force it to 1080p and try to play it that way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end