emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The English football team aren't competing in the Olympics so the appointment of Hodgeson makes no difference to that.

Host nation doesn't have a delegation? Or is it team GB rather than England? This is confusing.

Team GB. Managed by Stuart Pearce. It's a farce tbf.

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The English football team aren't competing in the Olympics so the appointment of Hodgeson makes no difference to that.

Host nation doesn't have a delegation? Or is it team GB rather than England? This is confusing.

Team GB. Managed by Stuart Pearce. It's a farce tbf.
Football at the OS is a farce IMHO. Just doesn't belong there, not in this form at least. I think they should make it U23 players only, or only for players that really want it and live for it. Not for the majority of players who have played a very long season, then European Championship football and then again Olympics, that's just too much.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Demba Cisse take a bow son.... anyone else see his second goal tonight?! If he's got the same boots on this weekend City will be shitting themselves!

Hodgson's come in at the right time, honestly we might as well turn up at Euro 2012 and play for the experience, I can't honestly see us getting past the group stage whoever is in charge - any progress past that and he'll be applauded, crash out at the first hurdle and he'll blame a lack of time to prepare..... he's laughing whatever happens....

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The admittance of professional footballers was to make olympic football interesting. Amateurs at the olympics did work, it's just that it didn't have a large amount of interest because there are professional tournaments which gorged the attention of the general public. Even in its present form, olympic football is a highly unimportant tournament, at best its a glorified youth tournament. Than again, football is an olympic sport.

If you;re going to have football there, than give to the players who would appreciate it. Ergo amateurs and the corinthian spirit or at teh very least semi-professionals.

Reactions: 1 person

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The admittance of professional footballers was to make olympic football interesting. Amateurs at the olympics did work, it's just that didn't have a large amount of interest because there are professional tournaments which gorged the attention of the general public. Even in its present form, olympic football is a highly unimportant, at best its a glorifies youth tournament. Than again, football is an olympic sport.

If you;re going to have football there, than give to the players who would appreciate it. Ergo amateurs and the corinthian spirit or at teh very least semi-professionals.
Exactly what I'm thinking (and sort of posted before). So true, I think you'll be doing all the professional footballers a pleasure to just let them rest during the Olympic Games.
I would love to see it U23 or even U19, just to see new talent of new countries pop up. Nothing more exciting than watching the U19 of Belgium play at the moment, there are amazing players and they really still love football, and not money.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
401690_10150774913523703_211835863702_9603995_710570676_n.jpg

iwat4VV1t1mtD.gif

580977_294484193966886_100002159220321_658992_1647016472_n.jpg

15f84e5c3da91b7a2bceffdaab041c67.jpg

91c7898a6ad2401b8e758c8c614dd0fd.jpg

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Congrats to La Liga Champs Real Madrid. Finally got that monkey off their backs.

Damn, what a goal. Also, 10 minutes of stoppage time? LOL

kakashi919

Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
Yeah... it was a good decision. It did look like it crossed the line, but from his veiw it's nearly impossible to tell. I don't think Liverpool deserved to win that anyway, they played a horrible first half and only looked dangerous when Carrol came on. Enrique played a horrible game and Spearing was a little shaky. Reina...well I think he should have saved that Ramires goal, but oh well.

Latest photos

Group events

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Photos: