Hardware Homebrew The best way to proceed? Just got a new external hdd

dracosson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I have a ps4 slim running 7.51. It is stock currently on the orginal 1 tb seagate drive.

I did have some digital games I bought LEGIT through psn (Ace Combat 7, Taiko no tatsujin drum session, Spiderman game with bought dlc, Hitman 2, etc) but they became un activated due to not having psn up to date and accidentally turning on the wifi at one point and it tried to update so i canceled it. (Stupid me I know).

I bought a 4tb Seagate ps4 external from gamestop for 0 out of pocket ;) yay survey programs and such been wanting a nice one since before 2019 !
I have a WD black 1tb just spare currently I could put into a usb 3 enclosure to back up to and leave the 4tb as extended storage if that's for the best.

I remember modded warfare had a thing of the process to clean up etc but was 5.05 last before 7.51/ 7.55 stuff came around.

I was hoping some way to reactivate the games within jb ? If so I would be so happy not to loose the download stupid data caps in my area :l I need find out how much things have changed since I last looked into it so.

I know extended storage can't be seen by win 10 pc, exfat you can use to transfer stuff to ps4/ pc.
I know 7.51/55 jb was browser cache based and at time golden hen was best as let you do rest mode but I never got to test it out.

I don't even care about the 9.00 jb right now which i just saw posts about. I want to play my drum game :(

maxresdefault.jpg

I have email alerts on because I value this forum and the wise members <3

I am techy to a point but not really with console as much.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm relatively new to the scene myself, but could I suggest trying to update the console to 9.00 through USB? I've just done it and it's very, very simple through safe mode.

If the your game isn't loading because it wants the latest update, it might be looking for the update that tried to download when you connected to the Internet which was presumably lower than 9.00, so an update to a higher firmware than its looking for may help!

Though, I might be talking crap here as you still won't be connecting to PSN with 9.00. You need to be on the latest update to access PSN now...

There is a PSN Network activator app, I'm not sure what FW version this works up to, but someone may be able to confirm for you who knows more about it! Here's a link to one for 5.05FW so you can see it's features: https://www.psxhax.com/threads/ps4-offline-account-activator-gui-by-charlyzard-barthen.7347/

I'm gonna try that game that you mentioned, too. I love rhythm games!

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don’t think those digital games can be saved unless you went legit and updated to reactivate them on PSN… I would update to 9.00, wait for Joonie to port account activator, try activate and then dump those titles… if they won’t start and still nag, then I’m afraid you should just delete those games and re-obtain them later on if you wanted to replay them. I doubt any reactpsnplus style kernel clock method would revert an update nag… that payload doesn’t work above 5.05 anyway… perhaps there is a way… idk.

3641DB80-369F-4314-BFEB-26143CE5A408.jpeg

Reactions: Jayinem

dracosson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don’t think those digital games can be saved unless you went legit and updated to reactivate them on PSN… I would update to 9.00, wait for Joonie to port account activator, try activate and then dump those titles… if they won’t start and still nag, then I’m afraid you should just delete those games and re-obtain them later on if you wanted to replay them. I doubt any reactpsnplus style kernel clock method would revert an update nag… that payload doesn’t work above 5.05 anyway… perhaps there is a way… idk.

View attachment 289739
Is there account activator for 7.55?

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom

View attachment 289739
I just came across this on twitter posted today, but I feel this could just be for the media apps. I don't know how credible the person sharing is either.

Removed link as KiiWii has stated the host has tendencies to link to software that can brick consoles. Thanks KiiWii!
Is there account activator for 7.55?
I just took a quick Google, maybe this is for you?
https://wololo.net/2021/03/22/release-ps4-offline-account-activator-for-7-55/

Last edited by MikeyTaylorGaming,
Reactions: dracosson

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom

dracosson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't wanna loose my persona 5 royal and Digimon world save files which I have discs for but not tried save transfer / back up stuff.

I think it's tied to user account ID in the file?

Can you use one usb as extended storage and then one as a mass storage drive ?

I might see if I can find the jb spare hdd i had and mess with homebrew apps for 7.51/.55 I never got to mess with them a whole lot before.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They have? I must've missed that, got more info?
Yeah, salt hosted a bunch of Hen payloads that were modified by Ciss, those payloads caused corruption and in turn bricked consoles.

I would be very wary of anything with the name Salt, Night King, Ciss or Mugiwara. They simply don’t test or check anything properly, or rip off other developers work.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can you use one usb as extended storage and then one as a mass storage drive ?
You can have both, but only one used for storing games that the PS4 can use. That's how FPKGs are installed. One exFAT formatted USB has games stored on the root of it, which the PS4 will read and install to the internal/ extended storage. Whichever you've specified.

As for the rest of your question, I'm not sure sorry.

Reactions: dracosson

oleg77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You can have both, but only one used for storing games that the PS4 can use. That's how FPKGs are installed. One exFAT formatted USB has games stored on the root of it, which the PS4 will read and install to the internal/ extended storage. Whichever you've specified.

As for the rest of your question, I'm not sure sorry.
Hi everyone. My internal SSD is full (5.05 PS4 pro). Can I add an external (USB) SSD or HDD as "extended storage", keep the already installed games, and install further ones on this extended storage ? (I guess the jailbroken PS4 sees only one volume in that case ?)
Thanks

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone. My internal SSD is full (5.05 PS4 pro). Can I add an external (USB) SSD or HDD as "extended storage", keep the already installed games, and install further ones on this extended storage ? (I guess the jailbroken PS4 sees only one volume in that case ?)
Thanks
Yes, it will see one internal drive and one external drive once the PS4 has formatted the external I'd imagine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: