The best video card for windows xp and 7

Subzero100

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tired to update my video card last year, and ended up getting one that wasn't compatible with my computer. Unfortunately i didn't get to it for a few months, so i couldn't return it since it was past the return date. I think the last video card by nvidia was the gtx 980 or 10 something that still supported windows xp along with everything else, but ive been out of the video card scene for so long i don't really know.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure all of Nvidia's GPUs still support Windows 7, and most of them support Windows XP still I believe, up to at least the 900 series. You might have to do some digging to find proper XP drivers, as I don't think Nvidia still lists them on their site, but I imagine they're still on their server, or there are mirrors from others to use.

AMD, on the other hand, dropped support for Windows XP in 2013, so any GPU made after that date from them won't work at all.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Stop being nostalgia's bitch and just get windows 10. It's infinitely better than 7. In fact it basically IS 7, except it performs better.
It's embarrassing I used to be one of the people who refused to update from W7 because change is scary.

Subzero100

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(Stop being nostalgia's bitch and just get windows 10. It's infinitely better than 7.)

Well you can get use windows 10 if you dont mind Microsoft spying on on your pc, but id rather keep what i have instead of getting a buggy inferior version of windows thanx. There are some cards that still support win xp also tom, because a i saw a few in store a few months back. I think they were part of the gt line of cards, and it was a nvidia 1080 i think that's the max that showed support for xp.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat