The best GBA SP flash card?

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Zerotance, Jul 29, 2008.

Jul 29, 2008

The best GBA SP flash card? by Zerotance at 1:25 PM (1,165 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Zerotance
    OP

Newcomer Zerotance Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    My cousin wants to get a flashcard for his GBA, he wants to be able to play atleast PKMN emerald without any problems. He wants to have cheats and a Real time clock on it. He wants music , video and homebrew support. He would help if it could have support of mini sd cards and original GBA size. It would help if has a good gui and compatible with DLDIrc or even auto-patching. He doesn't want a big price tag. No mini SDHC support required but support of a 2gb mini sd helps. [​IMG]
    A good colour casing (hopefully blue) would be preffered
    Any ideas on a cart that can do this?

[​IMG]

2. suppachipmunk

Member suppachipmunk GBAtemp Fan

United States
    M3 Mini SD Perfect. I have this same one, and it is wonderful. Nearly 100% compatibility and it has the RTC to play pokemon (have to patch it).

It is expensive at $80 USD, but is well worth it and you will never be forced to buy another slot 2 card. It fits in DS phat and GBA SP.

It can also be used as RAM in most homebrew and for the Opera Browser (Must patch it to work).

EDIT: Thanks for pointing that out Destructobot. The RAM and Opera Browser will only work in a DS with a slot-1 flashcard.

3. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    Is this for a DS or a GBA? If it's for a DS, does he have a slot 1 (DS game pak slot) flashcart?

4. NeSchn

Member NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

United States
    I say go with the Elink, it has never failed me yet!

5. dexmix

Member dexmix GBAtemp Regular

United States
    This question seems to come up every week, for the past few years.

I always recommend the EZIII or in your case you might be better off with the EZ IV mini SD.