THE BEST GAMERS - Minecraft 1.0 Review (PC)

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
but di you play the game they are so dumb the get stuck so easily
So? I don't play minecraft for its cutting edge technology, and bad pathfinding or not, monsters are capable of killing people quite easily. Any smarter and you'd literally shit your pants when you heard a mob noise.

if you not going to make it ok dont add it them
Are you retarded or just mentally challenged?
The combat is fine, drop it kiddo before I invest in a helmet for you.

no need to be HD theycould have pull their own style easy just put some effort on the look of the game is all i ask
They did pull their own style you retard. What other game looks like minecraft. This game was developed by ONE guy who was originally just screwing around. Thus why texture packs are an option. You want Crysis Graphics? Have at 'er, there's a texture pack for that.

the game have no plot why add a final boss ? thats the joke

I'm officially being trolled. I refuse to believe anyone is THIS retarded.

the dont add them if you put NPc on a game you better put the to use i could notcare about them in beta but now is the full game so there no excuse.
Their function is to be village filler with no other use. They have 100% fulfilled that function, you retard.
Whether they may (and probably will) be expanded upon later, but that doesn't mean anything in this current argument.

call of duty is a release game and it was judge according to it same goes for minecraft the retail game worth $30 and is been judge as such no game should be giving a free pass

We've gone over the status of your mental health, so i'll skip that.
It's an ongoing project. Full release or not, IT'S NOT FINISHED! and frankly never will be because it's impossible to finish. It's not a game that can be finished thus it need not be judged on the same scale. Not that i'd expect you to understand, and frankly there's no sesame street episode to explain this. So, sorry. I've got no way of explaining it to you in terms a kindergartner would understand.
For $30 you get an immense amount of content, and all of it works. Thus, minecraft.

Reactions: 3 people

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
There's no use trying to counter his arguments. He's already proven himself to be incapable of comprehending anything anyone says, and he purposely tries to troll Minecraft players (He never shuts the fuck up about it on IRC either).

ETA until he's banned, please?

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So? I don't play minecraft for its cutting edge technology, and bad pathfinding or not, monsters are capable of killing people quite easily. Any smarter and you'd literally shit your pants when you heard a mob noise.
yourshit pants ? because of a mob cuz all i do is get 3 block high or make a hole simple

Are you retarded or just mentally challenged?
The combat is fine, drop it kiddo before I invest in a helmet for you.
please no name calling lest be serious here the combat is not good i cant tell if the mob is stacking sometime and does the block even work fine

They did pull their own style you retard. What other game looks like minecraft. This game was developed by ONE guy who was originally just screwing around. Thus why texture packs are an option. You want Crysis Graphics? Have at 'er, there's a texture pack for that.
here you go again as i say NO ONE is asking for HD but the vanilla look of the game witch if what i am trying to discuss NOT THE USER MADE TEXTURE PACKS is hard on the eyes and is not s style

I'm officially being trolled. I refuse to believe anyone is THIS retarded.
please explain to me the purpose of the final world

Their function is to be village filler with no other use. They have 100% fulfilled that function, you retard.
Whether they may (and probably will) be expanded upon later, but that doesn't mean anything in this current argument.
BS that's not a use and you know if he half ass it and add them to the game to make it look like he added something big also nice insult there great way to make your point

We've gone over the status of your mental health, so i'll skip that.
It's an ongoing project. Full release or not, IT'S NOT FINISHED! and frankly never will be because it's impossible to finish. It's not a game that can be finished thus it need not be judged on the same scale. Not that i'd expect you to understand, and frankly there's no sesame street episode to explain this. So, sorry. I've got no way of explaining it to you in terms a kindergartner would understand.
For $30 you get an immense amount of content, and all of it works. Thus, minecraft.
so the only way that you can make a point is to insult people ?

$30 you get an immense amount of content < %85 of that contend been user made and notch did nothing to add

note i am talking about the full release retail game not about the game and the mods. just the game and i will agreed that mods add fun to the game to be honest is the only way to get some fun out of it.

There's no use trying to counter his arguments. He's already proven himself to be incapable of comprehending anything anyone says, and he purposely tries to troll Minecraft players (He never shuts the fuck up about it on IRC either).

tdwp please post your points here and lest discuss them ok ? cuz i am getting the idea that you think the game is perfect or something

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Yeah I pretty much just wanted to see how many times I could validly call him retarded in one post.
I don't plan on replying to his..."arguments"...anymore.

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah I pretty much just wanted to see how many times I could validly call him retarded in one post.
I don't plan on replying to his..."arguments"...anymore.

good cuz looking on how all you do is insult you have none

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't even know why this is worth discussion. They're not even official reviewers, I could go to any shit review site and just say "SUPER MARIO GALAXY GETS 2/10 FROM AWESOMEGAMERS". But who the fuck knows who "Awesome Gamers" are? I don't, I just made them up.

Although I do think it's a shit excuse to write off all the bugs and issues with the game with "they'll be patched later". The game has been in beta for how long? The point of a beta is to work out bugs and kinks so that the final release is fine. Well, it used to be, nowadays betas are just fancy ways of making a demo basically.

The game should be rated on its current merits, not the prospect of there being more. Like if that new Ridge Racer Vita game was coming out soon, should I just write off its lack of content with "Oh, there'll be DLC later"?

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't even know why this is worth discussion. They're not even official reviewers, I could go to any shit review site and just say "SUPER MARIO GALAXY GETS 2/10 FROM AWESOMEGAMERS". But who the fuck knows who "Awesome Gamers" are? I don't, I just made them up.

Although I do think it's a shit excuse to write off all the bugs and issues with the game with "they'll be patched later". The game has been in beta for how long? The point of a beta is to work out bugs and kinks so that the final release is fine. Well, it used to be, nowadays betas are just fancy ways of making a demo basically.

The game should be rated on its current merits, not the prospect of there being more. Like if that new Ridge Racer Vita game was coming out soon, should I just write off its lack of content with "Oh, there'll be DLC later"?

this what i mean why are people gving minecraft a free pass ? it have lots of issues that need to be adress and websites givin the game a 10/10 is just insane

Techrosh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

A game can NEVER be bug and glitch free, there are many bugs and glitches in games which have been released. Are you trying to say that they should of never released the game fully until they have ironed out EVERY single bug in the game?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A game can NEVER be bug and glitch free, there are many bugs and glitches in games which have been released. Are you trying to say that they should of never released the game fully until they have ironed out EVERY single bug in the game?

No, I'm saying its to a point where it's not noticeable. If you can play the entire game without bugs hindering your experience then it's fine. But if you release a game entirely buggy and glitchy to the point where it hinders your experience, then it should be criticized for that.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
People, you're getting it all wrong. Minecraft is not a NORMAL game. It's not developed by a large company who have spent millions on production, set a release date and have poured hours of time into developing individual characters, items, maps, quests etc.

Minecraft is it's own genre of game.

You don't compare it to CoD, Skyrim and Terraria. You don't pick out bugs and problems with combat. You don't base everything on it's value at 'launch date' (Minecon).
You just accept Minecraft for what it is. A truly outstanding sandbox game which is probably the best creative game of all time. You accept and embrace the modding community with open arms and enjoy what they have to offer, not just close them off and say that it's not part of the game and thus not a valid argument.

Minecraft is what Minecraft is. Nothing can be compared to it and its quirks are part of what makes the game so unique.

Reactions: 2 people

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People, you're getting it all wrong. Minecraft is not a NORMAL game. It's not developed by a large company who have spent millions on production, set a release date and have poured hours of time into developing individual characters, items, maps, quests etc.

Minecraft is it's own genre of game.

You don't compare it to CoD, Skyrim and Terraria. You don't pick out bugs and problems with combat. You don't base everything on it's value at 'launch date' (Minecon).
You just accept Minecraft for what it is. A truly outstanding sandbox game which is probably the best creative game of all time. You accept and embrace the modding community with open arms and enjoy what they have to offer, not just close them off and say that it's not part of the game and thus not a valid argument.

Minecraft is what Minecraft is. Nothing can be compared to it and its quirks are part of what makes the game so unique.

I can compare it to other indie games that have probably had less budget and resources.

I've played my share of indie games that don't have so many bugs or issues. The fact that the game has been in beta for a long time and still has bugs on the official release is just inexcusable. I'm not expecting something as polished as Skyrim but I'd expect it to be less glitchy than Cave Story (a game made entirely independently).

Also, Terraria is an indie game too, it's definitely not on the tier in terms of budget and such as Call of Duty or Skyrim.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou