Edwii

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I wasn't sure where else to post this so I figured this would be the best.
I have an Nvidia shield. It's been great but I'm having a hard time deciding which emulators to use for it.I'm looking for emulators for:
GBA
SNEs
NES
Genesis
I've tried a few but not all have the features I'm looking for.
I want shader options, like hq2x. And I need physical button mapping.

Kirito-kun

Disciple of GabeN
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you want DS get Drastic

Yes! So much yes! This emulator is awesome. It runs every DS game I through at it at full speed on my slightly outdated Galaxy S2!

Like seriously, buy this emulator now or download the APK if you're too cheap. Either way, you NEED this emulator. A purchase might actually be a good idea though as the emulator gets updated a lot and it's more convenient to update through Google Play but it's your choice. Get. Emulator. Now.

Edwii

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah drastic is pretty good.
I still need a great GBA and SNES Emulator:
I cant find a GBA emulator with shader options.
And I am hoping to find an SNES emulator that can use my saves from my other emulators, like on my DS.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Gameboid
SNES 9x
NESoid
Not sure about Genesis.
Aren't -oid emulators from Zongwh (or something) terribly outdated?

I'm sure SNES 9x EX is the best right now (most accurate, while also more demanding), and that NES.emu and GBC.emu are both better than their -oid counterparts.

For Genesis, get MD.emu, from the same author. That guy is a freaking porting genius.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yes! So much yes! This emulator is awesome. It runs every DS game I through at it at full speed on my slightly outdated Galaxy S2!

Like seriously, buy this emulator now or download the APK if you're too cheap. Either way, you NEED this emulator. A purchase might actually be a good idea though as the emulator gets updated a lot and it's more convenient to update through Google Play but it's your choice. Get. Emulator. Now.
Really, it's so effective? Could it run on my Galaxy S1 too?
Online play by any chance?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Aren't -oid emulators from Zongwh (or something) terribly outdated?

I'm sure SNES 9x EX is the best right now (most accurate, while also more demanding), and that NES.emu and GBC.emu are both better than their -oid counterparts.

For Genesis, get MD.emu, from the same author. That guy is a freaking porting genius.

I'm not entirely sure on the oid emulators, they may be old but I've been using them for quite a while and never had a problem with them. Suppose I might have to check out the .emu's and see how they compare.

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
Really, it's so effective? Yes. Could it run on my Galaxy S1 too? Yes.
Online play by any chance? I think not.

Oh, and if anybody wants to run Drastic on a Tegra 2 device (like I do), don't bother. It won't work and you'll save yourself a few $(although the developer really deserves them).

Reactions: Satangel

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Mupen64Plus-AE
GENPLUSDroid
DraStic (kinda leaning towards toward nds4droid... DraStic keeps getting worse, while nds4droid keeps getting better.)
Dolphin

Mupen64Plus-AE is the best there is. Period.
Same goes for GENPLUSDroid. I use it for practicing speedruns of Sonic 3 & Knuckles.
DraStic is fast, but glitchy. Also, they broke seamless displays in recent versions. Still, it gets the nod for running Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes (the only game I use) full speed, even though there are unfixable graphic glitches that don't happen with nds4droid. And sometimes it softlocks the game.

Dolphin's awesomeness is skyrocketing, and it can only get better since the merge window is open again.
Seriously, even though it's really broken right now, it runs Crazy Taxi's menus full speed on my Galaxy S4.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not much into emulation on my android devices, but I use Retroarch. I don't know if it features any of the things you would want, like shaders and the like, but it plays the games I want well, so...

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
GBA - My Boy! (Light/solar sensor support for boktai games, rumble support (drill dozer game), motion sensor support for yoshi and wario games)
SNES - Snes9x EX and SuperGNES (FX games runs better on SuperGNES)
NES - NES.Emu (best famicom game support)
Genesis - MD.Emu

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My Boy! runs on everything, whereas gba.emu was slow on my galaxy s when I had it. My Boy! is good if you want a fast accurate emulator.
I actually like HEAVY emulators since they're probably a good sign of the emulator's accuracy.

Since My Boy! is less resource-intensive, its emulation is probably more approximate. Guess I'll go with gba.emu :D

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N64: Mupen64 Plus AE by Paul Lamb is th only N64 emu you should use. All others as of the time of this post are just copies of it. N64oid is paid and old, but still yields better performance on some games.

PSX performance is actually better on Retroarch in most cases than FPSE, but of course doesn't offer all the tweaks that FPSE has. It also contains a sweet little Cave Story core. There's a custom Cave Story build with mobile friendly font somewhere, but I'm not sure where it is at the moment.

Drastic is an absolute must have. From what I've heard just about EVERYTHING runs 100% on a Shield. Heck, I get 100% on most games with my dads original Kindle Fire. Get it, nds4droid and dsoid hardly compare.

PPSSPP is an up and coming PSP emulator. Version 0.9 was just released and games like Dissidia and Ridge Racer are near full speed.

For anything else, like GBA or SNES, I use Retroarch. I'm not a fan of people charging money for mere ports of others work, which most emulators in the Play Store are. It just runs well and it's all in one app. Great project. You can also run Cave Story in it too. :D

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
How does My Boy! compare to GBA.emu?
GBA - My Boy! (Light/solar sensor support for boktai games, rumble support (drill dozer game), motion sensor support for yoshi and wario games)

does that answer your question??

I don't really play emus very often on my phone, but .emu emulators are very solid.
for PSOne ePSXe is the answer, much better than FPSe and PPSSPP runs very well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SugoiEndeavor @ SugoiEndeavor: What's up bakaz