Gaming The Best DS Pokemon Game?

WaffleRaccoon

Breakcore Addict
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've gotten my hands on an R4 Card and I can't wait to play the old Pokemon games. But I don't know what to start with. I'm not looking for Spin-Offs. Please leave any recommendations!

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd have to recommend all the DS Pokemon games honestly
Platinum because Sinnoh is just an insanely good region
HG/SS because it's a challenging yet fun game
BW/BW2 because the story is so rich

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
every pokemon game on the ds is pure gold imo

go with
1-Platinium first since its an expanded version of daimond and pearl no need to play those.
2-pokemon heartgold/soulsilver amazing remakes and for me the best pokemon games ever hands down.
3-black and white- new generation
4-black and white 2- these are the only sequel games, unlike older titles this is not an expansion but a sequel so play the original and the sequel.

StrayGuitarist

A genuine feline disaster.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd recommend Heartgold or Soulsilver, like many of the others here. Out of all of them on the DS, it's probably my favorite. It's got such a distinct vibe to it, not to mention my first Pokemon game was Pokemon Silver on the GBC, so it hits a very rich nostalgic chord with me. Although it does have a pretty sharp difficulty spike towards the end.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know you're not looking for spinoffs, but it's still a great RPG experience all the same, though a tactical one, Pokemon Conquest is my favorite DS Pokemon experience. The gen 2 remakes are awesome too though.

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Black/White 2 are actual proper sequels to Black/White, unlike the traditional "third version"; BW2 also have a TON more content than pretty much any other Pokemon game, previous or future.

I'd highly recommend BW2; they're the only games to have a Challenge Mode, to have the Pokemon World Tournament (where you can fight older Gym Leaders and Champions), to have the Black Tower and White Treehollow. It also has seasons and hidden grottoes (for the occasional Hidden Ability - most of the time it's just items, but when it's a Pokemon, it will have its Hidden Ability), for extra flavour, along with PokeStar Studios for a fun little distraction.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs