The Best and Worst of E3

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by RupeeClock, Jun 15, 2010.

?

Which conference was the best?

1. Microsoft

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. EA

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Ubisoft

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Nintendo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Sony

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Jun 15, 2010

The Best and Worst of E3 by RupeeClock at 9:26 PM (2,795 Views / 0 Likes) 39 replies

1. RupeeClock
    OP

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    The Sony E3 conference, the last of the conferences, is almost over, and I wanna know, who do you think did the best, and the worst?

Some people out there are even giving "Report cards" out for the conferences.

2. Pong20302000

Member Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Japan
    nintendo have clearly broken the barrier on handheld gaming

sony have just really stolen the move nintendo thing and xbox stole the eye toy

3. Wii_Manic

Member Wii_Manic GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Nintendo best [​IMG]

Microsoft Worse with their stupid bribes

4. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    Nintendo clearly stole the show.....They dominated the whole convention if you ask me....others were pretty boring in my opinion..

5. RupeeClock
    OP

United Kingdom
    I've only watched the big three to be honest, nor EA or Ubisoft interest me, but if I had to summarise the big three...

Microsoft is stuck in the past, pushing technology that's ironically limited and only offering sequels to its brand of FPS games, or wii imitations.
    Nintendo is pushing into the future whilst staying true to its roots, reviving many a beloved franchise, and delivering an exciting new handheld.
    Sony is showing advert after advert after advert, it has its moments though.

6. MissingNo._

Member MissingNo._ aka MissingNoL

United States
    Nice... Nintendo is the best as of now.
    And I think Sony was the worst with their whole 'Move' thing.

Yeah, Microsoft stole ideas too, but they have that new XBOX 360...
    Legend has it that if you try to hack it it explodes. [​IMG]

7. Defiance

Member Defiance oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...

United States
    Seeing as Nintendo is voted best at 100%, someone must have voted Nintendo as having both the best and worse presentation.. [​IMG]

8. gameboy13

Member gameboy13 Orange and fluffy since 1995.

United States
    I only watched the Nintendo conference, so I picked Nintendo for the best. I picked Ubisoft for the worst because most of the games they put out are shovelware.

9. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    These out of ones I seen, the big 3

Nintendo = best

Sony err.. M$ ... Sony yea Sony = worse

10. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Nintendo was by far the best. A huge number of surprises and updates on things we actually give a crap about, like the 3DS.

The worst was by far Microsoft. There was absolutely nothing that came out of their conference that we didn't already know about or that we cared about. Kinect looks weak and has a horrific line-up of starting titles, even in comparison to Sony's Move (which is already getting some good titles for it). The Slim is meh. It's just a neat 360 redesign that looks cool, but doesn't constitute current 360 owners to buy a new 360.

11. wolffangalchemist

Member wolffangalchemist This is bat country!

United States
    Best= Nintendo
    the 3DS looks brilliant and has the third party support that nintendo used to be known for way back in the day it's their big come back to the real gaming table by hopefuly giving the fan base what it wants.
    even though it started out weak with the Zelda WM+ control difficulties it was top dog bar none, though no one expected it not even me and some even refuse to believe it.
    I mean just imagine Conkers Bad Furday in 3D!(yes i know it'll never happen)

Worst= M$
    i don't think have to explain in great detail it was same old same old stuff we've already known about and we still don't care for not to mention Natal/Kinect and its shoot crap starting line up and a slimline 360 console isn't much to scream about seeing as every one seems to do that or some kind of redesign at some point nowdays.
    sony was on the edge of the cliff as well only by a small margin did M$ do worse, if i could vote to tie M$ and Sony i would have.

12. omgpwn666

Member omgpwn666 Guy gamer and proud!

United States
    Nintendo totally was the best. I did like Microsofts though.

13. VashTS

Member VashTS Beat it, son

United States
    i thought microsoft was ok, bulletstorm looks cool, and the new 360 design is nice. nintendo was hands down the best...they satisfied all needs for classic gaming brought to new generation consoles.

the only thing missing was the next mario platformer, but we just got galaxy 2 so i can't blame them. mario sports is probably going to be ok, but only average in my opinion.

ubisoft was the worst, that laser tag game ruined their presentation for me.

1 nintendo, 2 microsoft, 3 sony

14. TrapperKeeperX

Member TrapperKeeperX GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Nintendo it's like 2006 & 2007 All over again they really took major steps and I can't wait for the new games & Nintendo 3DS that are coming out. I'm really shocked and excited that they didn't show the Vitality Sensor this year.

15. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    Nintendo won the spotlight this year. I guess it is to be expected due to the fact that it was debting new hardware. What I am wondering, is how much of a surprise it would have been, had Nintendo managed to keep the secret for the press conference. The result would have been amazing.

16. antwill

Member antwill Better Than You

Australia
    Did you honestly expect Nintendo to not be voted best on a Nintendo centralized forum?

17. RupeeClock
    OP

United Kingdom
    GBAtemp is Nintendo centric but a lot of us here own non-ninty systems.

18. syko5150

Member syko5150 GBAtemp Syko!

United States
    what does owning a system have to do with the best and worst of E3? its obvious that Nintendo is dominating E3 right now they're just showing off so many awesome games while Sony & Microsoft haven't shown anything interesting

19. antwill

Member antwill Better Than You

Australia
    Just saying, it's a nintendo fan's forum, obviously Nintendo is going to be the highest voted.

20. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    Nintendo's conference was obviously the best, although I must say I was surprised with EA's conference, I thought it would mainly be about sports games but they only talked about that for a little while and then they went on with some really awesome games. I didn't see Ubisoft or Sony because of timezone nuisances, but I bet they weren't that good. Microsoft was extremely bad though, kinda like Nintendo in 2008.