1. tomhanks69

tomhanks69 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Anywhere to get them sexy qr codes?

2. stanleyopar2000

stanleyopar2000 Dirty Weeb ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

United States
    so FreeShop is dead no matter what version i'm on??

I'm hoping Sony doesn't follow suit with NPS on the Vita

Last edited by stanleyopar2000, Aug 12, 2018
  3. GhostLatte

GhostLatte GBAtemp's Official Van Master™

United States
    I had to.

1534047054691.jpg

4. wurstpistole

wurstpistole GBAtemp MVP

United Kingdom
    Can anyone hint me to the direct ip to the title keys site? I have the one for WiiU, but can't seem to find the one for 3ds.

5. SirNapkin1334

SirNapkin1334 Renound Aritst

United States
    Replace the console name in the URL with the other console.

6. wurstpistole

wurstpistole GBAtemp MVP

United Kingdom
    Ah, so that does the trick? From pc at least - but how do I enter this url into Freeshop on 3ds? (I know it doesn't work for first party titles anymore)

7. TherealDarknes

TherealDarknes GBAtemp Fan

United States
    the whole thing i cant remember exactly what they said but i think they were rambling about emulators not being legal and a whole bunch of other shit

8. SirNapkin1334

SirNapkin1334 Renound Aritst

United States
    Ah, that. No, that’s not what they said. They said that using emulators in a way to pirate games was against their rules, but they haven’t gone after anybody yet, mainly because that’s nearly impossible to measure.

9. Captain Library

Captain Library GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    The FreeShop was the most ridiculous homebrew I've ever seen on a console. My friend* asked me the other day if it was like plundering CDN via the backdoor. I said nah, it's walking in through the front door because Nintendo had left the key in. And they've only just got around to changing the locks.

There are enough other means to obtain titles for 3DS for those who want to, but I can still hardly believe just how much this system was broken apart by the hacking community. Thanks for the memories, FreeShop!

* I don't really have friends.

Tac 21, Deleted User and Natural like this.
  10. Pippin666

Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Canada
    Oh yeah, booyah !

Pip'

11. chrisrlink

chrisrlink Intel Pentium III Hamster inside

United States
    Subtle Demise likes this.
  12. koyuki38

koyuki38 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    Never used that freeshop thing, but i definitely used FBI and the QR code feature. Is it broken too ?

Deleted User likes this.
  13. chrisrlink

chrisrlink Intel Pentium III Hamster inside

United States
    may I ask this why are you even here pip if your anti hack/piracy this is really not a place for you

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

....sorry if I'm pissed I just hate all the recent stuff that happened in the past 2 weeks but we still have ways of dumping our own/rented games so in fact piracy will never die too bad pip

Last edited by chrisrlink, Aug 13, 2018
    Subtle Demise and Natural like this.
  14. Pippin666

Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Canada
    Thank god, if piracy was to disappear, how would I laugh at banned kids ?

Pip'

barronwaffles and Latyana like this.
  15. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Hm... This is interesting.
    Hopefully freeshop for Wii U comes soon. It would be great for those who want to play some random games

16. Latyana

Latyana GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    so its not there? omg. so even on 11.7 we cant use it. thats messed up

17. H1B1Esquire

H1B1Esquire RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.

United States
    Go wild while you can. I wouldn't update FBI soon, though.

-----
    Make them, search 3dsoso/google, or titledb&pray.

Last edited by H1B1Esquire, Aug 13, 2018
    Deleted User likes this.
  18. Latyana

Latyana GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    here is a question a food for thought as it were. if the 3ds (yes this includes all the other types as well) if its at end of life then why the heck should it matter to nintendo that we use the key to unlock the door to download a game? now it especially gets me on it too since i recently seen an ugly new system themed of animal crossing as well. nintendo needs to go ahead and let it go and grow up.

Deleted User likes this.
  19. Excalibur007

Excalibur007 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Do you remember when discussion of piracy was forbidden and would get you a warning and then banned from the forums? When did that change? I missed that announcement.

I'm with you on the piracy topic (of currently supported systems anyway). I love homebrew and emulators, but absolutely hate piracy. I'd like to know a realistic figure of how much of the 3DS market has been affected by piracy... like, have some developers cancelled games because of it, etc.? (I know we can't really come up with an accurate picture of this, with all the factors at play and dishonest use of numbers by all sides). The excuse of "I can't afford to pay for the games" doesn't entitle people to steal them. However, we're not going to change the culture around here. It seems completely taken over with piracy. It really kinda surprised me, especially with the Switch. I didn't expect to see this site so openly support piracy of Nintendo's flagship system. It has been frustrating and I've never been very vocal anyway. I mostly just read articles and threads on the site (obviously, by my post count), but sometimes I really want to speak up and say something. Again, we aren't going to change the mind of anyone who just doesn't care and thinks they're entitled to everything.

I got into the 3DS pretty late (mid 2015), and started collecting every game I was interested in. Eventually, I started collecting every game I thought I might someday find interesting. lol. Today I have probably 80 to 90% of the 3DS library (complete physical releases) and even more DS games.

I've been making an effort to support continuing development for the 3DS by buying EVERY game that's been physically released for the past year, which has been pretty easy since they've been so few. I am conflicted though... I am encouraged when I see Nintendo make attempts to protect their system because it says they still desire to support it at least a little longer, but it still makes me nervous because I do want to see it fully open when support for it is completely dropped. I think every system should be fully exploitable around the time they're no longer commercially on the market for the purpose of preserving its library. I hate eshop only releases and would really hate to see games purchased digitally be lost when Nintendo no longer supports them on their servers. When I buy a game, I want to be able to play it 10, 15, or 20 years from now. For this reason, I'm glad to see ways to backup those games. Personally, I've used freeshop to install the games I've purchased physically over the past year or so, because it saves me from having to go grab the cartridge when game updates get released. Pretty lazy of me. All in all, when freeshop is no more, no big deal -- I'll just have to get the games out of their cases for those updates.

It's been much harder to keep up with the Switch releases, but I've still managed to buy 113 physical releases so far.

All that said, I place a clear distinction between currently supported systems and those no longer commercially supported. Once games are only available second hand or through ebay, I couldn't care less how people acquire the game or ROM. Download away. If the money is only going to a second hand seller and not to anyone involved in producing the game, I see no "moral" problem with it (legal problem, of course, but not moral problem).

I know pretty much NO ONE is still reading this, so I'll stop here. lol

Last edited by Excalibur007, Aug 13, 2018
  20. koyuki38

koyuki38 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    How many 3ds game did you buy ?
    80/90% is just insane

Last edited by koyuki38, Aug 13, 2018
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - downloadable, beginning, freeShop