The Beatles: The Game! By GH/RB Developers Harmonix!

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember a while back when it was confirmed that both Activision & EA were fighting to get the rights to add The Beatles to their guitar games? Looks like EA won and it looks like the people at Apple Corps have approved.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/32159/The-Beatle...ad-to-Rock-Band

The link says that it will be confirmed today at 2PM.

Chances are it'll just be songs you can download but I'd love to see a Rock Band: Beatles Edition (complete with instruments that match theirs!) which covers their early days in hamburg up to when they played the roof top of the Apple Corps building.

EDIT: See post #4. Turns out that this is a stand alone game that features elements of Rock Band but won't be a Rock Band game (huh?)
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=112...t&p=1505823

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well Cockroachman it looks like they're not coming to RB1/2 at all but instead Harmonix (the original devs of GH & RB) are doing a stand alone game instead.

http://kotaku.com/5070885/mtv-and-apple-co...tles-music-game

"THE BEATLES INSPIRE NEW MUSIC VIDEO GAME; APPLE CORPS LTD., MTV AND HARMONIX COME TOGETHER FOR UNPRECEDENTED DEAL

Exclusive Agreement Set to Bring The Beatles Music to Fans for the First Time in Interactive Form Here, There and Everywhere in 2009

New York, NY – October 30, 2008 – The Beatles’ extraordinary music and phenomenal legacy is set to rock across the universe in the form of a video game through an exclusive partnership between Apple Corps Ltd., Harmonix and MTV Games, a part of Viacom’s MTV Networks (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B).

This partnership marks the first time that Apple Corps, along with EMI Music, Harrisongs Ltd, and Sony/ATV Music Publishing, has agreed to present The Beatles music in an interactive video game format. Published by MTV Games and developed by Harmonix, the world’s premier music video game company and creators of the best-selling Rock Band®, the game will be an unprecedented, experiential progression through and celebration of the music and artistry of The Beatles. The game was creatively conceived with input from Sir Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr, along with Yoko Ono Lennon and Olivia Harrison, and enjoys their full blessing. In addition, Giles Martin, co-producer of The Beatles innovative LOVE project, will provide his expertise and serve as Music Producer for this groundbreaking Beatles project.

“The project is a fun idea which broadens the appeal of The Beatles and their music. I like people having the opportunity to get to know the music from the inside out,” Sir Paul McCartney said.

“It gives me great pleasure to be part of The Beatles / Apple and Harmonix / Rock Band partnership,” said Ringo Starr. “The Beatles continue to evolve with the passing of time and how wonderful that The Beatles’ legacy will find its natural progression into the 21st century through the computerized world we live in. Let the games commence.”

“It’s cool. I love it and hope it will keep inspiring and encouraging the young generation for many decades,” said Yoko Ono Lennon.

“People are having so much fun playing Rock Band. Combined with The Beatles tracks, it is a great way to either listen or participate,” said Olivia Harrison. “If you like the music, it doesn’t take much persuasion to get you to play.”

“Introducing the genius of The Beatles to a whole new generation of music lovers through original and inspired ways is extremely exciting to us at Apple Corps,” stated Jeff Jones, CEO, Apple Corps. “We are truly pleased to be working with the innovative forces at MTV and Harmonix as they embody our mutual passions for music and creativity.”

“Many of us have been part of a generation that has long enjoyed an enduring love affair with The Beatles and now we’re looking to extend that love affair for future generations to enjoy,” said Van Toffler.” “Our inspiration for this project comes from a keen sense of history and a place of utmost reverence and respect for the band, their music and their heritage.”

“The impact of The Beatles is forever ingrained in the hearts, minds and souls of millions the world over,” said Judy McGrath, Chairman and CEO of MTV Networks. “The Beatles are the reason many of us are WHERE we are, and some of us are WHO we are.”

“We are honored to be part of this new way for people to discover the timeless music and art of The Beatles - the most creatively and commercially successful, critically acclaimed, and influential band in the history of popular music,” stated Paul DeGooyer, MTV’s Senior Vice President of Electronic Games & Music.

“By presenting their music and artistry through the creative filter of a groundbreaking video game, we are giving legions of fans and music lovers all over the world a profound, new way to experience The Beatles,” said Alex Rigopulos, CEO and Co-Founder, Harmonix. “This game will be a celebration of the Beatles undeniable legacy.”"

It also been said that the game will include elements of RB as well as use the instruments.

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Beatles are so overrated!

Where're the Led Zeppelin tracks?!
And maybe some GOOD Thin Lizzy ones.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Hadrian said:
It also been said that the game will include elements of RB as well as use the instruments.
"
I can't imagine Harmonix doing something too different from Rock Band.. it'll probably be just "Rock Band: Beatles" with a different name.

QUOTE(Doomsday Forte @ Oct 30 2008, 02:49 PM) I swear, if Rock Band Beatles doesn't have a screaming fangirl accessory, I'm going to be uberpissed! I want to have the experience, man!

Yeah, I hope the game comes with an extra microphone for your girlfriend/sister to scream on it!
tongue.gif

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I love The Beatles, especially Sgt Peppers is a masterpiece, but I really don't see the appeal in "Rocking Out!" on Beatles tunes. I don't know, Beatles is for listening, and maybe a little bit of dancing even, but doing rock guitar poses on "Let it be", eeeeeh no thank you.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More details:
- game will not be ‘Rock Band’ branded
- game does share some of the aspects of Rock Band
- visual/audio journey through The Beatles history (sweeeeet!)
- released during 2009 holiday season
- music producer: Giles Martin
- exclusive deal
- game takes you all the way from “Please Please Me” to “Abbey Road.” (Sweeeet!)
- talks started 17 months ago
- no comment on Beatles DLC for Rock Band
- worldwide release
- based on the UK track releases
- no specific platforms mentioned

berlinka said:
I love The Beatles, especially Sgt Peppers is a masterpiece, but I really don't see the appeal in "Rocking Out!" on Beatles tunes. I don't know, Beatles is for listening, and maybe a little bit of dancing even, but doing rock guitar poses on "Let it be", eeeeeh no thank you.
You've got a point, I'm more interested in this game itself then rocking out, though Helter Skelter will be one you can definitely rock out too. Also I'm hoping it'll turn people on the The Beatles and get them to hear more stuff than the obvious songs the radio plays.

kevenka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Listening to the 3 most powerful bands (the beagles, rolling stones, and the whos, (one more but I can't remember) I can say with certainty that the beatles are my absolute favorites
smile.gif

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
berlinka said:

True.. a karaoke game would be good, would be something great to play with the family. But a guitar game.. I'm not sure.. I'm curious to see what Harmonix has in mind.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Devante said:
Led Zeppelin is so overrated!

Fixed.

This sounds pretty sweet. Not only is it a GH/RB game that won't make you cringe half the time with either poor song choices or mediocre covers, but it'll give people the history of The Beatles and introduce them to what they are REALLY about. I'm sick and damn tired of these people who watch "Across The Universe" and think they know all about them and all their music. It makes me want to vomit all over them.

gblock247

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should be interesting, btw if you haven't heard it, listen to the Love Album (the soundtrack to the Cirque Du Soleil performance of the same name). Incredible mash up of Beatles music
smile.gif

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Beatles are one of the most famous, if not THE most famous and well-known band of all time.

But whenever I try to listen to some of their music, it's all so... boring and novelty.

I really like the song(s?), "Sun king > Mean Mr. Mustard > Polythene Pam > She Came in through the Bathroom Window." You know, those four go together to sound like one song.

I also like "You Know My Name"
"Something" is a great song.

But the rest sounds... I just can't see "rocking out" in a video game dedicated to them.

I do like some covers of their songs better than the originals though.
Fiona Apple's Across the Universe is great.

Now Led Zeppelin is arguably THE best band of all time in rock and non-rock circles alike.
People often refer to them as almost divine.

I challenge anyone that has an interest in rock to watch or listen to the soundtrack from "The Song Remains the Same" concert and not become a fan. There's a reason Jimmy Page is often cited for being the best guitarist of all time!

Of course everyone has their own opinion about music, and this one's mine!

A Led Zeppelin rock band game would be great for fans and non-fans (unless you just hate them) because each music part of all of their songs is interesting and fun to listen to. I'd love to try to sing those songs!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.