The Beatles: Rock Band multitrack .bik files (Please Help!)

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by boblybob, Sep 5, 2009.

1. boblybob
    OP

Newcomer boblybob Newbie

United States
    I've been trying for the past couple of days to open the .biks found in the song directory of The Beatles Rock Band

You would normally use Rad Video Tools to open them but it seems they've encrypted them.
    There is an extra 56-byte header, that when I remove I'm able to view the channels, but as I go to convert it to wav it crashes. I know a few months back you guys had a try at them as it seems there the exact same .biks as in Rock Band 2.
    I just wanted to know has anyone found a way to open them? If not could anyone help? Thanks.

(Hope this isn't considered breaking the rules asking.)

2. zapu

Member zapu GBAtemp Regular

Poland
    Nope, RB2 Bik encryption has not been cracked yet.

3. boblybob
    OP

Newcomer boblybob Newbie

United States
    Can anyone help me in cracking em?

4. johnlovesyou

Newcomer johnlovesyou Newbie

United States
    The few people that do know how to crack the files (I'm guessing a few people know, if anything they are close) are keeping their mouths shut because they don't want a potential lawsuit.

All the new .bik files have KIBE as the start of that new header so I'm thinking that it may be important. Unfortunately this sort of thing is not my expertise so I can't really help.

What I do know is that the wii GH and RB songs have less channels than the equivalent 360 version because the wii can't have as many ongoing audio streams. Therefore if people can crack the files, I would suggest cracking the 360 version (.mogg instead of .bik) because you will effectively have the song even more separated (by up to 5 more mono channels, depending on the song). Mogg is a more widely accepted and easier to work with file extension anyways.