CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Spoiler free rambling:

So, The Batman was released digitally on HBO Max.. Watched it 2 days ago, it was a good movie, i liked Pattinson as both the Batman & Bruce Wayne, Paul Dano did a terrific job as the Riddler, Wright as J. Gordon as well and i probably prefer it to Gary Oldman's version, but that's due to plot reasons.. Zoe Kravitz was decent as Selina Kyle but that's also because of the plot and not her performance..

Overall it was an enjoyable movie, a bit long clocking at almost 3hrs, there's some unnecessary/questionable sequences the Penguin car chase comes to mind, but it doesn't stay for too long to ruin the experience. People may it just a decent Batman movie and that's because it's less over the top, this has a more grounded, realistic representation of the Batman and Gotham as a whole, even more than the Christopher Nolan trilogy imo, there's less flair, less combat sequences (though i wish they had more, because of the few ones there are badass).. Now i know this is supposed to be a reboot story of the Batman of when he was just starting, and it sure feels like it, it seems him as the Batman is still trying to figure out things and form his ideals, and what his masked identity is supposed to be.. So it might seem slow or less interesting because of it.

I feel this movie & the Riddler (and his story) deserves a deep and proper exploration of what this movie's about imo, and the events that happened, it felt a little bit rushed, and what i mean by that is that there's too much happening with less breathing time between said events, and that's because of the inherent movie time that even stretching it out to 3hrs mark wasn't enough, it is simply a story better suited for a TV Show/serie format, like going a whole season exploring the Riddler and his past, motives and adding even more riddles, more of his followers, same for Selina Kyle, and of course the same for Batman/Bruce Wayne.. More of the political context, corruption, crime, cops..etc

But of course a man can only hope i guess..

Reactions: Flame

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So any of you have seen it yet? what did you think of it if you did, share your thoughts on it in a comment below. Cheers!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm downloading the movie from usenet. I didn't even know this existed. thanks for the review, my friend:

1664824956800.png

Reactions: CoolMe

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
both actually. I know my mother likes superhero movies a lot, as do I.
Well it's DC, so it's not all flashy action (like the Marvel movies), still there's a reasonable amount of it here in this movie. The movie is a soft-reboot and it's not a continuation to the Christopher Nolan trilogy, it's more about mystery and investigating since the Riddler's involved..
The movie is long, like 3hrs or something, so you might wanna split it in half if it's too long..

Reactions: godreborn

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course not, but for me - as a person who adored Twilight as a teenager, this suits
I personally think he was quite good, much better than i expected. This movie doesn't capture his capabilities in full (being BW & Batman). we'll see how he'll do on the sequel..

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I watched this movie when it released in cinema.
I loved it to be honest. I really liked this movie.
It is among my favorite Batman movies, if not the favorite one.
I liked it being slow, it felt kind of like "inspired" by Se7en. (well, if you steal, steal from the good movies I guess)

Pattinson was great as Batman, and that comment comes from somebody that doesn't really like Twilight exactly.

Reactions: duwen and CoolMe

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very good movie, not great, imo.

That being said...

The part where she [Catwoman] made a race bait comment and then kissed him felt very disjointed and out of place.

Keep politics out of movies so they can actually be enjoyable.

Reactions: godreborn

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Pattinson was great as Batman, and that comment comes from somebody that doesn't really like Twilight exactly.
Pattinson never hid his contempt for the Twilight movies, so one could claim his performance there is no indication of his acting skills.
On the other hand, has he really shown anything more in his other films?
He has two modes, "stare" and "brood" and as long as the role doesn't call for anything else, he's perfect for it.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I saw it back when it first hit theatres, and while it's far from perfect it's arguably the most accurate adaptation of the character so far. Batman as a detective... How come none of the previous film makers realised that aspect of the character was a core concept of the comics character?

Reactions: CoolMe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1