Deleted member 377734

100th degree asskicker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
upload_2017-2-3_13-40-26.png

no surprise here, Stoic Studio's latest addition to The Banner saga series has reached it's Kickstarter goal in a week after being announced. raising the needed $200,000 in record time.

"We're thrilled to have funded the Kickstarter in less than a week. Once again it's down to the amazing support of the community, and we truly appreciate every backer that has helped us reach our funding goal", said John Watson, co-founder and Technical Director at Stoic. "This is huge for us and have now revealed the first stretch goal! A big thanks again to all of our supporters for helping us get this far."
For those of you who have no clue what "the Banner saga" is, it's the single best gaming series developed for mobile, following Stoic's moto of "You can't take anything for granted" the series has become one of my favorite's in record time.

upload_2017-2-3_13-40-37.png

WHAT’S ALL THIS ABOUT MORE BANNERS AND SAGAS?
Banner Saga 3 is the highly anticipated final game of an award winning trilogy. It's a role-playing game merged with turn-based strategy, wrapped into an adventure mini-series about Vikings.

Many modern games play it safe – you are the chosen one who always saves the day. Our game is different, you can’t take anything for granted in Banner Saga.

Picture the classic tactical strategy games of your childhood but refined for the modern age. It's not about grinding to get past the next fight. Every encounter, every decision you make has heavy and sometimes far-reaching consequences. It throws you into the end of the world and asks,"how do you deal with this"?

Banner Saga 3 is aimed at people who appreciate art, story and strategy.

upload_2017-2-3_13-41-32.png

Banner Saga draws heavily from Norse culture and mythology while creating its own identity. There is a low-fantasy approach to Viking themes. Giants - yes. Horned helmets - no.

The choices you make as events unfold have a huge effect on how the story plays out - who survives, who dies, and what's worth saving. Add people to your caravan as you travel, or lose them when tough decisions arise. You're not just fighting to save nameless strangers, you're fighting for your neighbors, your family and your way of life. You’ll care what happens to them.

Banner Saga 3 is a mature story for adults, which means forming relationships and making tough decisions; not sex, violence and swearing.

I Don't know about you but I can't wait for this to release.

SOURCE:http://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressreleases/290510/BANNER_SAGA_3_KICKSTARTER_SUCCESSFULLY_FUNDED.php

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    He is now fishy.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sak is a fishy pineapple
    Have a good night everyone.
    i'm getting sleepy.
    So much drinking from @K3Nv2
    Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    they be like which lite firefox exe pls
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wut.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    GM all
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    butt
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    douche
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Touché.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Push it :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    Veho @ Veho: California has already banned those additives BTW.