Hacking The ban, what is known... That everyone's ignoring. The FACTS

TinchoX

Azure Flame Kite
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Were you banned? Because @arc13's version is 3.x.
Oh right, the original author of freeshop was some guy that got banned right?... I downloaded a few things from freeshop 3.0 and I am currently banned, but I highly doubt freeshop 3 is the sole reason behind my ban, I've been using CFW and other stuff for quite some time now.

To make matters worse I had spotpass info crap enabled for some reason. (Most likely left them enabled after I switched to a9lh from rxtools) and forgot to turn them off.

I had it coming, what can I say? :/

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm wondering if the old version of freeShop is the cause. My 3DS has been in a cabinet for the past two months completely dead, and I dug it out to update to B9S. I also took that time to update everything that was outdated, including freeShop. I even used the new freeShop to download a couple things, and I've not been banned. I had Spotpass enabled as well.

TinchoX

Azure Flame Kite
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Uhm not trying to sound like a dick, or just plain negative but...ff you messed with CIAs, homebrew and CFW in the past (Like I did), I'm sure you're already in their scope awaiting for the next ban-wave most likely...

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Copying @sirocyl's post in the Homebrew discord to here:

You will not be banned if you:
- run homebrew from within another app (browser exploit, or cubic ninja, for instance)
- install b9s by running homebrew within another app, or outside of the 3DS environment (from arm9/boot9, hardmod or DSi mode, for instance)
- play cartridge games
- play purchased eShop games
- play "legit titles" which are preinstalled on your 3DS

You may be banned, if you:
- install homebrew titles, or install titles/tickets which you own
- run apps from the home menu that you do not own
- run homebrew applications from the home menu
- manipulate data being sent to the friends/presence servers
- cheat online
- play games before their release
- pirate games or DLC
- mess with ticket data
- follow The Guide at http://3ds.guide/ and perform the steps which install CIAs, and applications to your home menu.

We do not presently know how Nintendo determines which consoles to ban. They can look at any data sent from your 3DS, to or through their servers. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Friends list data, presence information, Favorite Title information, Now Playing information, game/battle join information. This includes your currently running title.
- Matchmaking data for all games. This includes your current playing game, ranking and player information, DLC owned, and so forth.
- SpotPass (BOSS) service subscription data. This includes all titles you have installed, which have SpotPass enabled.
- StreetPass service beacon and user data. This includes all titles you have installed, which have StreetPass enabled.
- eShop, DLC/eShop Applet, and Theme Shop, when launched, may send a list of installed titles and themes to Nintendo.
- When the system checks for an update, it retrieves a list of title versions. This request should not have user-sensitive data.

For your safety, we recommend that you disable wireless services until further notice

Based on this information, perhaps one would be able to avoid a ban by uninstalling any homebrew CIAs, and wiping the Activity Log? Perhaps if enough people were willing to test this, we might be able to confirm this, but because the bans are so random, we'd never have 100% proof that they're not on some pending ban list. And if someone did get banned, we'd have no proof whether or not they were already on a pending ban list before removing their CIAs and wiping their activity log.

This is going to be a tough case to crack.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Uhm not trying to sound like a dick, or just plain negative but...ff you messed with CIAs, homebrew and CFW in the past (Like I did), I'm sure you're already in their scope awaiting for the next ban-wave most likely...
It seems to me that everyone was banned at the same time. I've not seen any reports of new bans today, but I could be missing them. It seems silly to me to have people on a waiting list when these bans are automatic and indefinite.

D

Deleted User

From the information I've seen they banned random people and not just people with cfw.Everyone who was connected online at a certaint time yesterday.The lucky few that have not been banned where not playing online at that specific time......I personally think this is nintendos fault for possibly testing a unstable anti unsupported software detector or just a online malfunction which bans a majority of people non cfw or not.

Last edited by ,

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems to me that everyone was banned at the same time. I've not seen any reports of new bans today, but I could be missing them. It seems silly to me to have people on a waiting list when these bans are automatic and indefinite.

It's not so silly, when by waiting until you have a huge list of consoles to ban, and then starting to ban them randomly from that list, you can confuse the daylights out of everybody in the hacking scene and avoid them figuring out how you're determining which consoles to ban. So it's harder to determine a safe way of keeping your CFW and going online.

Reactions: TVL

droople

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Based on this information, perhaps one would be able to avoid a ban by uninstalling any homebrew CIAs, and wiping the Activity Log? Perhaps if enough people were willing to test this, we might be able to confirm this, but because the bans are so random, we'd never have 100% proof that they're not on some pending ban list. And if someone did get banned, we'd have no proof whether or not they were already on a pending ban list before removing their CIAs and wiping their activity log.

This is going to be a tough case to crack.
You are unable to wipe the information in Daily Records view as list without using homebrews.

KitsuneSama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I bet the bans are coming for the "ticket comparison" at the eShop, i, personally, don't have a Nintendo Account in my 3DS, and i'm not banned.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I bet the bans are coming for the "ticket comparison" at the eShop, i, personally, don't have a Nintendo Account in my 3DS, and i'm not banned.

Not everyone has a NNID.. There are some without one reporting a ban...

I do think you may be on to something with the tickets, though. Hm.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It is worth noting that my goat system I left out to get banned was banned. I tested the system this morning and found that it wasn't banned, then left it out to be banned.
My main, which was tested then turned off was not banned. I then tested it shortly before posting this message and it has yet to be banned. My only suggest is to keep the system offline as much as possible. All of my offline systems have yet to be banned.

Dystopiq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 11.4 Luma/boot9strap. I keep my 3DS connected to the wifi. I have streetpass and spotpass on. I did go online on a leaked copy of Fire Emblem to enable spotpass on it. I did download the free DLC for it. So far no ban.

Princepablo10

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What if Nintendo already knows all the consoles that are modded and they are just banning them all slowly in waves. I highly doubt it but it could be a possibility.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 11.4 Luma/boot9strap. I keep my 3DS connected to the wifi. I have streetpass and spotpass on. I did go online on a leaked copy of Fire Emblem to enable spotpass on it. I did download the free DLC for it. So far no ban.
what version of freeshop are you using?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge.