Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
avengersmarathon.jpg

Domain name avengersbattleforearth.com was recently registered by Ubisoft leading many to believe that they have a Avengers game in the making. Today it was confirmed that it is being made and so far its coming to Wii U and now for the bad part...Kinect.

The game focuses on Thor, Hulk, Iron Man & Captain America...no mention of any other Avengers from the universe. The game isn't based on the movie but it is based on the "Secret Invasion" comic where many of the Marvel cast fought off a genetically altered race of aliens called "The Skrull". These aliens were a big threat because they could alter themselves to look and sound identical to anyone on Earth.

106613-32779-skrull_large.gif

Other things confirmed about the game was that it will be a action based motion control title and that it'll feature more than 20 characters from the Marvel universe. There is no release date but Ubisoft do hope to have it released later in the year after the Wii U is released.

Ubisoft's own Geoffrey Sardine said the following:

"Fans of fighting games and /or the Marvel Universe would love a wide range of characters, control movements in the pristvavke and zahvativayushy gameplay."

I dunno what pristvavke and zahvativayushy means...maybe some mistake by Gamepur.com

Tony Key of Ubisoft then said:

“The idea that we’re making a motion-control version of ‘The Avengers’ is a unique proposition if you compare that to superhero games of the past. This is the perfect type of game for that because these characters are very action oriented. They’re always fighting and throwing things."

No developer was mentioned for this title.

Now thoughts...well its good its not based on the film, the devs can go their own way and also they don't need to rush something for the cinema/home release...however its also for Kinect...most licensed titles whether they are cartoon, movie or comic based tend to be crappy, throwing Kinect in there to me makes it worse. Unless the developer is someone as good as Rocksteady or at worse as good as Beenox...my expectations are low. I'm not sure what to expect, Kinect and "throw things around" lead me to believe this will be on rails but then it is for Wii U and unless we're going to have to use Wiimote and nunchuck I dunno how it can be the same game.

Sources:
http://www.gamepur.c...and-kinect.html
http://www.washingto...ORFU_story.html

UPDATE:
Marvel have also confirmed this adding that art will be inspired by Secret Invasion mini series, that looked like this:

secret-invasion-wallpaper-l.jpg

Also Ubisoft Quebec are developing it, they have developed: TMNT (PSP/DS versions), Rainbow Six: Critical Hour (Xbox), Rainbow Six: Vegas (PSP version) Surf's Up (GBA/DS/PSP), My Stop Smoking Coach With Allan Carr (DS)...oh dear, not looking good! They have done some good titles...Prince of Persia: Sands of Time (Wii) and Assassins Creed: Brotherhood (not played it, don't like the series but it reviewed well)

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's sad, isn't it, that Kinect support has become an instant alert hanging around the neck of a game?

Still, maybe this will be good in spite of the Kinect. After all, it has zahvativayushy gameplay; I like the sound of that!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It supports the Motion-Plus so I guess it will be using that.

I'm guessing it will use a WM+ as a substitute to the Kinect or you can just use your touchscreen instead of gestures. Like if one action is "swipe with your hand to Hulk Smash" the Wii U version will be like "swipe with your finger to Hulk Smash".

Also, that dev sounds terrible. Really bummed here, this had the potential to be one of the best movie games in years.

Reactions: 1 person

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, that dev sounds terrible. Really bummed here, this had the potential to be one of the best movie games in years.
You know, I just don't fucking get it. Ubisoft has talent at its studios, and they give the game to this developer...ok yeah this will sell well just on the license but hasn't Arkham City proved that with time, effort and a good developer you could not only sell it on the license but sell it on how well the game is received.

There is so much potential in having the rights to the Avengers series, ok sure video game rights are scattered so you can't have all of them but if Ubisoft did an impressive job Marvel will prefer them over others for other characters.

Reactions: 1 person

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Am I the only one disappointed by the overall selection of platforms for this game? The original game that was in development would have been fun on every system. Now though, it sounds like the game is just going to be something cashing in on the success of The Avengers. My preliminary thought is that it will just be a gimmicky motion based game, and nothing more. Basically, a hollow experience, like every other movie game in existence.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: