The 'art' of Blaze163

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Lali ho!

Been messing about with the Art Academy games on my 3DS XL for a few months now (finally having found a way to remove the obnoxious watermark from stuff created in Pokemon Art Academy, god bless browser based PhotoShop, and seriously, fuck you Nintendo) and I've finally started getting results that don't make people's eyes bleed, or at least not so heavily. I'm not a pro painter, not by a long shot, but I've decided to post my stuff here from time to time in the hope that one day when I develop skills worth actually bragging about I'll be able to look back on this topic and appreciate my humble beginnings. So without further ado, but knowing full well that you view these images at your own risk and I'm no longer legally responsible for any eye bleeds, here are my pictures so far. I can't take credit for the backgrounds in the 'Evil Pikachu' and Tigerstripe Charizard' images, those are automatic backgrounds from the game, but everything else is my own stuff.

FYI, the spoiler tags seemed to be going badly wrong when I used them more than once so I'll just have to upload the images below, if that doesn't work then by all means someone explain it to me. It's early in the morning by my standards (by which I mean it's not 3PM yet so I have no idea why I'm awake).

Feel free to use these images however you like, within reason. Don't go selling them claiming you did all the work or I'd have to insert a garden gnome in you. Just give credit where credit is due. I worked hard on these.

Attachments

• Ancient Eyeedited.jpg
    Ancient Eyeedited.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 413
  • Blossom Breeze - edited.jpg
    Blossom Breeze - edited.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 400
  • Chocobo Sketch.JPG
    Chocobo Sketch.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 434
  • Copy of Freya By Moonlightedited.jpg
    Copy of Freya By Moonlightedited.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 399
  • Dark Pikachuedited.jpg
    Dark Pikachuedited.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 392
  • Jigglypuff paintingedited.jpg
    Jigglypuff paintingedited.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 392
  • Super Sonic.JPG
    Super Sonic.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 408
  • Tigerstripe Charizardedited.jpg
    Tigerstripe Charizardedited.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 425
Reactions: WhoAmI?

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lali ho!

Been messing about with the Art Academy games on my 3DS XL for a few months now (finally having found a way to remove the obnoxious watermark from stuff created in Pokemon Art Academy, god bless browser based PhotoShop, and seriously, fuck you Nintendo) and I've finally started getting results that don't make people's eyes bleed, or at least not so heavily. I'm not a pro painter, not by a long shot, but I've decided to post my stuff here from time to time in the hope that one day when I develop skills worth actually bragging about I'll be able to look back on this topic and appreciate my humble beginnings. So without further ado, but knowing full well that you view these images at your own risk and I'm no longer legally responsible for any eye bleeds, here are my pictures so far. I can't take credit for the backgrounds in the 'Evil Pikachu' and Tigerstripe Charizard' images, those are automatic backgrounds from the game, but everything else is my own stuff.

FYI, the spoiler tags seemed to be going badly wrong when I used them more than once so I'll just have to upload the images below, if that doesn't work then by all means someone explain it to me. It's early in the morning by my standards (by which I mean it's not 3PM yet so I have no idea why I'm awake).

Feel free to use these images however you like, within reason. Don't go selling them claiming you did all the work or I'd have to insert a garden gnome in you. Just give credit where credit is due. I worked hard on these.

I like them! They really look good!

Reactions: Blaze163

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Got bored so I painted a bit more. Since I do most of these in Pokemon Art Academy instead of the regular New Art Academy since it has better features and more resources available, please note that when something looks off in the bottom right corners of my images, such as the back leg of my 'Kirin In Chains' picture below, it's because I have to use PhotoShop to remove the Pokemon Art Academy watermark, which occasionally doesn't quite work. I detest the watermark and even emailed Nintendo about it, but naturally they don't care.

Attachments

• Cavern of the Fire Crystaledited.jpg
    Cavern of the Fire Crystaledited.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 299
  • Kirin V2edited.jpg
    Kirin V2edited.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 327
Reactions: WhoAmI?

SammyPoke

Trophies
XP
Country
You're very talented I especially like the Dark Pikachu. Is Art Academy that good? I'm thinking of getting it. Can pictures be edited for later use?

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Between the two versions of Art Academy on 3DS they've got pretty much everything, but seperately they have some issues. The New Art Academy has choices of paper type and texture effects, plus a more serious tone to the lessons, plus far more lessons thanks to DLC. Pokemon Art Academy has extra tools like airbrushing and marker pens, but has a nasty habit of putting a watermark in the bottom right corner which annoys the piss out of me, and loses the paper types. I use a browser based version of PhotoShop to get rid of the watermark from anything I paint in Pokemon Art Academy (I don't get paid to advertise their product so I don't intend to). If they removed the watermark, then Pokemon Art Academy would be the superior choice thanks to the better tools, but both are worth having around. Especially since the regular New Art Academy is cheap as chips these days, I saw it for as little as £4 in my local Game store.

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
A new piece for your delectation, art lovers. Some undersea ruins, painted partially to test out the smudge stick tool's versatility, mostly because I was bored. Opinions?

Attachments

• underwater ruins final.jpeg
    underwater ruins final.jpeg
    66.7 KB · Views: 290

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Once more, with feeling. Here's part 2 of my Aquatic Ruins series. Wanted to try something closer to the surface to play around with the light refraction patterns. I'm proud of this one. Hope you enjoy it.

Attachments

• Aquatic Ruins 2 - Mastered.jpg
    Aquatic Ruins 2 - Mastered.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 293

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Back to my art after a hiatus to take care of a few more important matters. Tonight's first piece, my take on the new guide image from Pokemon Art Academy. I was offended by how it auto-loaded the 'correct' green pens, so I decided to do things my way. So now we have a Ruby Rayquaza By Moonlight. Thoughts?

11751840_10153283372367530_2907575903192269868_n.jpg

Thinking up my next project so expect further updates soon :D

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I got bored again so....I zombified Jigglypuff. One of these days I'll actually follow the lesson instructions and draw a perfectly innocent Pokemon....but in the words of Aragorn, IT IS NOT THIS DAY.

11751454_10153283810447530_3216184642580292080_n.jpg

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I got bored, so I made an Eevee.
11987143_10153390089317530_3806444574425860531_n.jpg

Quite adorable by my standards. Considering my painting/drawing expertise is entirely based in the two Art Academy games on 3DS, I've come a long way in the last few months.

Reactions: nxwing

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ladies and gentlemen, and whatever else doesn't fit into either category, I need some advice. I painted a new Evil Pikachu tonight, this time doing the whole thing myself, the background on my current profile pic is one of the game's automatic backgrounds. That always felt like a cheap cop-out and I wanted to corrrect that. So here's Evil Pikachu MK II. I need an honest opinion. Which do you prefer? My current profile pic of Evil Pikachu Original, or the newer Evil Pikachu MK II?

12038186_10153416054327530_193927180391228739_n.jpg

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Update;

Redid some of the colous, the shadows, etc. Made the lightnng bolt a lot brighter, etc. Some minor tweaks and corrections. Presenting Evil Pikachu mk III.

12038434_10153416117437530_5801412698327804451_n.jpg

Still not sure if I prefer this one or my current profile pic, but at least I corrected a few glaring mistakes in the previous version.

Reactions: VinsCool

LuxerWap

The Green Husky with a Broken Tail
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Love your artwork! I just bought Pokémon Art Academy not too long ago and I get what you're saying about the watermarks.

What I did was I saved the picture to my 3DS Gallery. Then, I edit the picture to cover the watermark with the colors I used before it showed up. The watermark is now gone, thanks to that ink pen.

There's another option: Miiverse (not the option in the game). After your picture is done, don't save it leave it there, just press HOME and go to Miiverse and post your picture there. Then you can go to Miiverse on your PC, find that image, and then save it. There you go!

Third option: Like you said, Photoshop it. Simple and easy.

Oh, Arceus! The fourth option: Capture Card (would NOT recommend if you don't have one. Those things are EXPENSIVE!)

---
There are other options that I haven't heard nor try but see if you can use any of the options I gave you. Have fun and good luck.

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been using the free online photoshop basic tools to remove the watermark. It means that the bottom right corner of all images is essentially a clone of something else in the image though so it's not a perfect solution. Example, in Evil Pikachu MK III above, the watermark is simply covered by the flowers from above the rock on the left. I could just paint everything in New Art Academy instead since that doesn't use a watermark, but then I lose the Undo button that has saved my ass many many times, and a few of the tools. Between the two games there is a perfect Art Academy title, but seperately they're both fundamentally flawed.

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I felt that Evil Pikachu needed to be a bit more heavy metal. So here's Evil Pikachu MK IV, after he used his new-found freedom following the suspicious death of his trainer to start a band. Live from the Saffron City Dome!

It's by no means my best work but not bad for a couple of hours messing around.

Attachments

• Heavy Metal Pikachu.jpeg
    Heavy Metal Pikachu.jpeg
    149.9 KB · Views: 287
Reactions: VinsCool

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1