OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just out of a whim i contacted g6flash and asked them a few questions. Here is the conversation.

Here is what i said:

I am a huge blogger and big in the nds/psp scene. The number one question that has come across my site is the different language firmware for the g6lite, and how these carts are locked to the version you have purchased. I was wondering if there were any hardware differences between the chinese version of the g6lite and the soon to be released english version? Any particular reason why you do not use a unifed loader set?

Any answers will be quoted directly from you. Many people are asking these questions.

Here is the response:

Due to different markets have different price .
Such as : there is the lowest price and benifits in China, but it is comparatively higher price and benifits in Japan.
M3 price will be very lower in the world if it has no different versions in different districts ,only it is Multi-language version.
All dealers in different districts have no any benifits and they have to sell our M3 with the lowest price.
It is similar to DVD region.
You may contact our formal dealers to buy our product if you need to use English version.or other version .

([email protected])

So it appears to be that exact same cart, but region locked due to price differences. So who wants to hack the region lock?

Hypnotoad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So if that's the case, I wonder what the MSRP/sell through price is going to be for the English version lite?

If they're going to have a different price point for the English version, I'm sure we'll see the price jump across the board at all the online shops.

The Chinese G6 Lite is really starting to sound better and better.

durix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm sure they must be a way to pass from chinese to english, we just need a skilled guy to look at it.
Look at what they achieved on the psp scene, nothing is impossible, just need to find the right guy

Bitbyte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm sure they must be a way to pass from chinese to english, we just need a skilled guy to look at it.
Look at what they achieved on the psp scene, nothing is impossible, just need to find the right guy

Yeah, great, let's hack piracy
laugh.gif

tao168

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
there could also be another reason because i know china has some regulations on products for domestic and export use, the only example i could think of is that when i got my limited edition transformers boxset dvd (the one which included every single episode up to 120 or soemthing) there was two versions of it, the domestic one which was vcd and no english and there was an interational version which came in 5dvds with 5.1 dobly. the international version could not be bought in china legally without an export license (ofcourse there are always around this if you know where to look). but my point is not saying the chinese version are cheaper quality then the international one, but i just know for a fact that there are regulations out there that differ the same products solely for the what ever reasons they think so

Kartel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica

It really does... I think I'm just gonna buy a Chinese one if there's a huge price difference.

Well I pre-ordered mine from Divineo.cn for 87$ and that's only 20$ more than psxbox.net are selling the chinese ones for + Divineo offers cheaper shipping (5$) so the real difference in price is about 15$.

I for one will glady pay those extra 15$ for an english version of the G6, but I don't know about you guys.

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

It really does... I think I'm just gonna buy a Chinese one if there's a huge price difference.

Well I pre-ordered mine from Divineo.cn for 87$ and that's only 20$ more than psxbox.net are selling the chinese ones for + Divineo offers cheaper shipping (5$) so the real difference in price is about 15$.

I for one will glady pay those extra 15$ for an english version of the G6, but I don't know about you guys.

you're paying $20 so the labels in the main menu say Name, Size, GBA Mode etc are in english. Enjoy your price bump
smile.gif
I paid $70 for the chinese version and loving it.

Cubewood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Well you can do the 5 euro shipping on PSXbox too. But then it will be sended as registered airmail and it takes longer.

Picolo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So basicly the _only_ difference of the G6 Lite eng and Chinese version is the labels in the main menu say Name, Size, GBA Mode etc.

Roms name (DS and GBA) are in english and the product is as good as the english version (final)?

Why is everyone waiting for the english version then
smile.gif

Kartel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
you're paying $20 so the labels in the main menu say Name, Size, GBA Mode etc are in english. Enjoy your price bump
smile.gif
I paid $70 for the chinese version and loving it.

Well the G6 do cost a little more (79$) at most places, so really i'm paying justa a couple of extra dollars to get the complete english version and also the final version which has better build quality and looks than the chinese trial version.

Like I said before, i'm not poor I do got an income so 10$ is nothing for me, but I guess for some people it's alot of money.

Well you can do the 5 euro shipping on PSXbox too. But then it will be sended as registered airmail and it takes longer.
Actually around 8$ from PSXBOX and i'm paying 5$ from Divineo and then you gotta pay the 4% fee when paying with PayPal, which is a pain in the ass since you have to log onto paypal and pay for the order yourself.

I've used Divineo before and they are quick & reliable, so yes I will pay the 10 extra dollars like I said before.

krad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i have tried looking at the loader files and tried to find differences. The hard part is teh fact that the loaders are basically a compressed folder of 30 fils that are extracted to the u3 drive of the g6lite. I have tried playing with the utility manager, no go. I had one of my developers at work look at reverse engineering it, but it will take lots and lots and lots of time, and they have things to do. But the issue is the files are the same size, they are files inside a file, and they load into a hidden chip on the g6lite like teh u3 usb keys you can buy today. The chinese is not worth it. It is so minmal if that.

leonardo71286

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What you are saying krad is very interesting. How do you know the G6 loader it's a compressed folder ?
If this is true then to hack the loader, you'd just have to find the algorithm they use to compress the folder right ?
I really hope some one hacks this loader, I think dedicated programmers would do a better job than
the G6 flash team with the loader. Although the DS loader is alright, the GBA loader leaves much to be desired IMHO.
I'm a Computer Science major (though just a freshman) and would love to know more about this.

jpx86

Trophies
XP
Country
sure someone dedicated could do this, but there is no point. we're talking about a menu in chinese that you will probably never click. you just select your rom, or hit Y to go to gba mode... you people are way too worried about this chinese/english version stuff.

RyuKakashi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How do you know the G6 loader it's a compressed folder ?

I would assume it's a compressed folder as well. When you install the firmware on a g6 it says installing out of 30 parts.

It makes sense that it's compressed.

I'm more interested on how the verify file works. Although in this point in time i doubt there's much info leading to that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/nUrYC-wHwzQ?si=CIF5SWwWIx4sXmqH