The Answer Is in The Cause; When Custom Firmwares Collide

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by messerchadger, Jun 14, 2018.

1. messerchadger
    OP

messerchadger Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 14, 2018
    United States
    So there I was attempting to make the most badass pcsxe reality possible with my super tanked 3ds. I torrented games in all file extensions related to pcsxe. I was trying .bin , .cue , .pbp {(different pcsxe versions run different file extenisons.)] It wasn't loading the games so I looked up an FAQ on pcsxe crashes and it mentioned something about needing v.9.6 or older to run pcsxblahblahblah. I fired up my cvst (custom version setter) and switched to what I believed to be a correct variable number value sequence, but in reality, it could have been wrong wrong wrong... I have crashed my ds on bootup because of putting an incorrect value into CVST and then starting a PCSXE .bin, .cue, .pbp game.
    i
    Any veterans know what to do about this? I am pretty good and confident I can solve this but i've been doing housework all day on little to no food and now I just can't hack properly.

2. aos10

aos10 ❤ Zelda ❤\(^o^)/

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    what game are you trying to play?
    for PS1 game (PS1 or PSP version), just forget it, unless you are trying to load a game like FF7-8-9.

3. messerchadger
    OP

messerchadger Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 14, 2018
    United States
    Final Fantasy 7

4. aos10

aos10 ❤ Zelda ❤\(^o^)/

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    Even the PSP version?

5. messerchadger
    OP

messerchadger Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 14, 2018
    United States
    I fixed it. A quick CTR Transfer with a new ticket got everything working again. Any tips on running pcsxe and/or a psp->n3DS games?

6. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Maniac

May 27, 2011
    Canada
    Your tip is dont. Your going to find most of those are not going to run well. And there isnt much of a way around that. Best way to play what your wanting. Would be a cfw psp system.

7. messerchadger
    OP

messerchadger Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 14, 2018
    United States
    It could be as simple as just using a custom version setter that works correctly. Acquiring a psp is still a good idea because I own a large number of games for psp but lost them essentially from an ex-Art Institute email address profile that was expired... so I don't know. Anyway I could just play these on my PC.

8. messerchadger
    OP

messerchadger Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 14, 2018
    United States
    It is a wise decision to respect the difference between N3DS versus PSPVita.

I will change my ways and leave it a Nintendo play device.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice