The Amazing Spider-Man trailer #2 released

Discussion in 'Books, Music, TV & Movies' started by AlanJohn, Feb 7, 2012.

Feb 7, 2012
  1. AlanJohn
    OP

Member AlanJohn くたばれ

Ukraine
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atCfTRMyjGU​
    Have you came yet?

1 person likes this.
  2. Maverick Lunar X

Member Maverick Lunar X GBAtemp Fan

United States
    THEY GOT THE WEB SHOOTER RIGHT YAY

3. mysticwaterfall

Member mysticwaterfall Streamforce Supreme Commander

United States
    They seem to try and be making Spiderman more like the new Batman movies - much more dark. When Spiderman was never really about that. Still, hopefully it's not as heavy on exposition as Spiderman 1 was. If you ask me, Spiderman 2 was only Spiderman movie to really nail what the comics were about, with the exception of that stupid subway scene where everybody sees who he is but nobody tells anybody. That was just silly.

4. cris92x

Member cris92x GBAtemp Fan

United States
    THIS. The only dark stuff in spiderman is his parents deaths and the symbiote stuff w/ venom and carnage later on. I have a huge problem with the actor though, he doesn't look like peter parker at all. Also, where the hell is jonah jameson god he was amazing lol.

5. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    Guys, you realize Spider-Man has been around since the 60's and has gone through as many dramatic story arcs as any other comic superhero, right? Lord only knows what combination of events they chose for this, but chances are, it was a dramatic arc if it's being portrayed so darkly.

6. gokujr1000

Member gokujr1000 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    I can't wait until this movie arrives. To me, from what I've seen, they got everything about SpiderMan right as if he were from the Comics.

7. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    Well, at least it wasn't as awful as the first trailer.

I don't know, I appreciate the fact that they're trying to give Spider-Man some quips this time, but I'm still not convinced. This feels way too much like a retread of material Raimi's film already covered (and covered well). They should have gone with the Incredible Hulk approach of just reminding viewers what the origin story is; practically everyone knows it by heart by now, and it allows the movie to not get so bogged down with the same old, same old (Sure, they're dealing with his parents and switching the love interest and villain around, but the basics are still the same).

Also, I hate the casting choice for the new Spider-Man. I'm sure this guy is a fine actor (he was apparently really good in the Social Network), but he does not look the part at all. I know these superhero movies have to be "modern", but is replacing "nerd" with "broody hipster" really necessary? Tobey Maguire really sold Peter as a social outcast; I'm not buying it here.

I appreciate that they're trying to give some nods to the comics (the quips, having Gwen Stacey as the love interest, the web shooters, etc.), but none of those are really "important" changes (except for the jokes; that's a change for the better). Take the web shooters, for example. I know a lot of people complained about their absence, but they really only existed because they're a convenient plot device ("Oh no, out of web again! How will I fight the villain now?") and Stan Lee thought that Spider-Man had too many super powers without them (Yes, really). In a film, won't it stretch suspension of disbelief that this teenager can invent the shooters and a completely new adhesive material on his own (and never thinks to sell it and make millions)?

And... wow, I really have gone on. Yikes. Well, yeah, I'm definitely not getting my hopes up for this film. After two really great films (and one we don't talk about), having this reboot come out so soon just feels unnecessary; then again, when you make a film for the sole purpose of holding on to the copyrights, I guess that is to be expected.

Edit:

However, if a movie has to be made, I would definitely love an adaptation of the Sixties Spider-Man series with the cheesy tone and dialogue intact. A feature length film of something like this would be nothing short of awesome.

8. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    I have been fan of Spider-Man since I was young, but I have no hopes for this movie after how bad the 3rd movie was...also I don't like who they got to play Spider-Man.

9. Hyro-Sama

Member Hyro-Sama I'm from the fucking future.

Japan
    I'm feelling the exact same. This movie could totally flop like the previous films.

It as high hopes though b/c it's following the comic more accurately than when Tobey Maguire was Peter Parker/Spiderman.

I guess when it comes out we'll see if it can deliver.