(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spiderman_propeller.gif
bai guyz
After a fifty year run, Marvel's The Amazing Spider-Man ends today with issue #700.​
Being that it's comics, this sounds absolutely pants-on-head retarded (and it is), but here's the ending summarized by The Escapist.​
Issue 700 culminates the story arc that began a hundred issues ago, when it was discovered that longtime spider-man foe Doctor Octopus had a terminal illness. A hundred issues later, Doctor Octopus has stolen Peter Parker's body, leaving Peter in Doc Ock's dying husk, and Doc Ock/Spider-Man defeats Peter in his own body.
The new series, The Superior Spider-Man, begins as part of the Marvel NOW! initiative, picking up where The Amazing Spider-Man left off. Yes, with that whole plot twist and all.​
:arrow: Source

Reactions: Gahars

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The amount of butthurt on /co/ the last couple weeks has been entirely hilarious. It wasn't even a bad story, it's just a bunch of whiny manchildren throwing hissy-fits. Apparently Dan Slott (the writer) has even been getting death threats over this.

Overall, I like the idea and where this is going. There's some definite potential if Marvel doesn't backtrack too quickly after all the backlash, but given how it's still canon that Peter sold his marriage and unborn child to hell I doubt they'll pull the plug on this too prematurely.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they were trying to top One More Day (where Peter Parker sells his marriage to what is essentially the devil, because that is something you can do now), congratulations. Marvel, you've succeeded with flying colors - shitstain brown and wallbanger red.

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The amount of butthurt on /co/ the last couple weeks has been entirely hilarious. It wasn't even a bad story, it's just a bunch of whiny manchildren throwing hissy-fits. Apparently Dan Slott (the writer) has even been getting death threats over this.

Overall, I like the idea and where this is going. There's some definite potential if Marvel doesn't backtrack too quickly after all the backlash, but given how it's still canon that Peter sold his marriage and unborn child to hell I doubt they'll pull the plug on this too prematurely.
Watch your words, or you're gonna get it, too.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
And lo, in basements across the world, people with less social skills than Sheldon Cooper did cry and pray to a God they vehemently believe has the face of Stan Lee that this is all just one huge joke.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
^ Implying that every house has a basement. This has gotten old, you know.

I don't recall implying that every house has a basement. I was merely making a satirical reference to the notion that comic fans live in basements. Which part of that was so difficult to follow, exactly? Gotta work out the kinks in my material, right?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WTF, the show is great!
Watch episodes 1-13 and just see what I mean

I Wikipedia'd it and yeah it's the shitty one.

Like it's funny if you're seven and mentally ill. Literally one of the "jokes" in the show was Spiderman just randomly going "IF ONLY I HAD A JETPACK" then it cuts to some fantasy of his a la Scrubs of him riding a jetpack going "WOOHOO" for a split second before cutting back.

Because writing good jokes is hard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over