Hacking the amazing drievkey

matt4tehlulz1337

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now ofcourse, i stupidly updated my wii a little while ago to 4.00, and i was still able to install hbc, however, i was unable to use the wii backup loader, or the usb loader thingy. but, i buyed a drivekey for my wii, and installed it and now it plays wii backups. my question is, because the wii system runs through the drivekey now, does that mean i'd be able to load backups through a usb slot, without burning onto dvd? if you have a anser, please let me know

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
modchips and softmod are 2 differents things.

Your drivekey won't allow you to play backup through usb.
run trucha bug restorer from HBC (google for it) , then install cios rev14 , and then you'll be able to install usb loader thingy
wink.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The chip even has drive in its name. All modchips for Wii only mod the drive so that it tells the Wii software that dvd-rs are wii discs. That is the reason why modchips still work great, but are totally useless if all games you want to play work from usb.

matt4tehlulz1337

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, i major in ds softmodding, but not i'm left sort of ignorant on how the wii works, so ofcourse, i thank you guys for your ansers, and it has really helped me, cuz i didn't want to waste the time on trying to install it if it didn't work.

THANK YOU FELLO TEMPERS XDDDDD

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
matt4tehlulz1337 said:
well, i major in ds softmodding

How does one get that degree? Buy a supercard and a microsd?
smile.gif
Just kidding. You know someone had to jump on that
smile.gif

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
matt4tehlulz1337 said:
well, i major in ds softmodding, but not i'm left sort of ignorant on how the wii works, so ofcourse, i thank you guys for your ansers, and it has really helped me, cuz i didn't want to waste the time on trying to install it if it didn't work.

THANK YOU FELLO TEMPERS XDDDDD
Mate, if you haven't installed it yet and all you want is USB loading, don't bother putting it in and try to return it or sell it to someone else. 4.0 was rehacked months ago to allow for USB Loaders to be installed. Check the tutorial link in my sig for extremely easy to follow instructions for soft modding your Wii for USB backups.

Actually, I just reread your first post and it seems you did install it already... I'm confused...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: