plushifoxed

I wanna talk more about kawaii stuff!
Trophies
Website
roxie.nyc
XP
Country
United States
Update 4: I encourage you to not make a account at this time. As I do not know what will happen with the site at it's current state.
Ah. I, uh, didn't see this, before I made an account just now... I have to assume that's why I haven't received a verification email, haha... Oops.

aerhx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As someone who has worked on 3dsthemes, please scrap it. The codebase is absolutely horrendous. It's messy, broken, and is littered with bugs. The fact you're putting a font tag (which is now deprecated by the way) inside alt tags of every image is incredibly bad. You shouldn't need a database entry for the website's base link. You should use forward slashes in the beginning of all your links. Those are just two issues that come to the top of my head.

Devon, you have my skype if you'd like to talk and I can help you through anything you need. But I won't associate myself with this project again because of the amount of issues it has and because I don't want to deal with the legality issues it could face in the future. You guys tried, but you're only doing yourself a favour if you scrap and start over and do it right this time. I'm honestly begging you to do this at this point. It's why I made a gbatemp account in fact. (That and I may want to post stuff on the wii u emu post, but that's a separate thing)

- Jake

Last edited by aerhx,

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As someone who has worked on 3dsthemes, please scrap it. The codebase is absolutely horrendous. It's messy, broken, and is littered with bugs. The fact you're putting a font tag (which is now deprecated by the way) inside alt tags of every image is incredibly bad. You shouldn't need a database entry for the website's base link. You should use forward slashes in the beginning of all your links. Those are just two issues that come to the top of my head.

Devon, you have my skype if you'd like to talk and I can help you through anything you need. But I won't associate myself with this project again because of the amount of issues it has and because I don't want to deal with the legality issues it could face in the future. You guys tried, but you're only doing yourself a favour if you scrap and start over and do it right this time. I'm honestly begging you to do this at this point. It's why I made a gbatemp account in fact. (That and I may want to post stuff on the wii u emu post, but that's a separate thing)

- Jake
We're currently making the code prettier and writing the framework in django. The hard part is that because we don't have the SSL certificate yet none of the images will show :( So we either have to remove all the S's off of the http or wait :/

Reactions: DoJo_Master

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
We're currently making the code prettier and writing the framework in django. The hard part is that because we don't have the SSL certificate yet none of the images will show :( So we either have to remove all the S's off of the http or wait :/

The images are currently showing up for me though.

aerhx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you fucking kidding me? The images weren't showing because of the fact it is that hardcoded? I said cut your loses and now you're just gonna keep going. Good luck to you all in this bullshit endeavour you're all creating.

Why even use SSL? It's so useless for 3dsthemes! Gosh, the more I hear about this site the more I want to throw up.

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you fucking kidding me? The images weren't showing because of the fact it is that hardcoded? I said cut your loses and now you're just gonna keep going. Good luck to you all in this bullshit endeavour you're all creating.

Why even use SSL? It's so useless for 3dsthemes! Gosh, the more I hear about this site the more I want to throw up.
Why do you have such a shitty attitude? Every one who is left still has a passion.

aerhx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do you have such a shitty attitude? Every one who is left still has a passion.
The problem I have is the fact you guys aren't trying. You keep creating problems and it's no wonder 3dsthemes was hacked. The best part of your site is the download and upload scripts I CREATED. Unless you guys overwrote those with older files like you did when I was a part of the team.

Not only that, but if you can't make a proper website in PHP, why in Python?! Python is a harder language to use. If you can't even handle PHP, then don't make a website in Python!

Last edited by aerhx,

DoJo_Master

OP
Trophies
Website
www.3dsthemes.com
XP
Country
Canada
The problem I have is the fact you guys aren't trying. You keep creating problems and it's no wonder 3dsthemes was hacked. The best part of your site is the download and upload scripts I CREATED. Unless you guys overwrote those with older files like you did when I was a part of the team.

Not only that, but if you can't make a proper website in PHP, why in Python?! Python is a harder language to use. If you can't even handle PHP, then don't make a website in Python!
Huh, so I guess the most logical thing todo is to delete the site? Your awsner would be no, trust me... I would KILL to remake the site and scrap PHP but the fact is we have guys like you who leave because they think they are better then everyone, we have a team and it is small but we are working hard trying to create a data for the users if you would like to help be my guest... You left, I didn't force you out.

Reactions: SomeGamer

aerhx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh, so I guess the most logical thing todo is to delete the site? Your awsner would be no, trust me... I would KILL to remake the site and scrap PHP but the fact is we have guys like you who leave because they think they are better then everyone, we have a team and it is small but we are working hard trying to create a data for the users if you would like to help be my guest... You left, I didn't force you out.
I don't want to help because you won't scrap the site and because I don't want to be on a sinking ship. The site is completely terrible and I do think i'm a better programmer than anyone on your team. That's why I firmly believe the only decent scripts are the ones I created (and that were not later modified in anyway-shape-or-form).

Mauste

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Came someone tell me what I missed?

Short version:
The site got hacked very easily and the administrators took the site down to fix the issue(s). While they were working on it, some members of the team quit, because they felt like the site should be rebuilt from scratch instead of trying to improve the current build (which, in their opinion, is horrible). There's still a bit of drama lingering.

Last edited by Mauste,
Reactions: KingVamp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1