cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm working on something I think a few people might find useful and I was wondering if the A region can be used with discs? For example using RXXA00 for any region instead of RXXP00 for PAL and RXXE00 for NTSC. Also is it ok just putting 00 at the end? Thanks in advance

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's not for a game, well not directly. I know that changing from PAL to NTSC doesn't work too well, and that's why Gecko OS and loaders have a force video mode option. I think that's just because PAL has a slightly higher res. Thanks anyhows computerboy

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well the region problems come from 2 different things:
1. the discID
An unmodded disc channel only loads games with discIDs from its region. Gecko OS and Gamma look at the discID to determine which video mode to use as default, that's all they do with it. They don't care if the region matches or not.

2. the video modes
That's a lot more complicated. If you mod the disc channel to load games from the other region, it's still the question in which video mode you launch them. If it's your region, then you get problems with about 50% of the games, because these games only accept video modes from the region they were made for.
If you patch the disc to the other region(completely bullshit in my eyes), then the disc channel accepts the disc, but you get the video mode problem with 50% of the games and if you launch the game with a loader, it tries by default to launch the game in the wrong video mode.

Why do you want to change the discID? If you use a loader, you get the less possible problems without messing with the disc.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm making something work from disc from the disc channel. Well I've already got it working, and right now I'm just tidying things up and making an opening.bnr (That may take ages, I'm not much of an artist). I thought it would be nice to have a unique discID as well as partition name etc

Well, I guess it would be safer to just set the region code to P/E/whatever depending on region. I'll see if the disc channel accepts A when I've got more discs spare. Thanks a lot WiiPower, much appreciated

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1