• Asphalt 3D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BUST-A-MOVE UNIVERSE

• SAMURAI WARRIORS

• Total voters

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just my thoughts and some facts on all the launch games. If you are really looking foward to Zelda/Mario type games, your opinions will likely mirror mine. -

Steeldiver - Looks extremely slow paced by all the videos. EDGE Magazine also notes that it's apparently got a strange difficulty curve, saying it's very very hard to unlock "the second half of missions". IMO It's Nintendo's attempt at the old GBC game "The Hunt for Red October"

Nintendogs+Cats (Any Version) - Not enough varied gameplay to keep a non-extremely casual fan satisfied, websites that have played it have noted that the features are virtually identicle to that of the DS versions. Mainly used to showcase the 3D effect's quality.

PilotWings Resort - If you've ever played the N64 version, you'll know how frustrating these games can be. Also, There are only a few objectives, and once you beat them, and know the island inside out (which happens very fast accoridng to magazines), the game is extremely boring, with little to no replay value.

Super Street Fighter IV 3D - I'm not a fighting game fan, but this game is suppose to be very good according to websites/magazines that have played it. Almost all of them note that the 3D effect isn't very good, but the general graphics are amazing for a handheld.

Madden NFL 3D - From everything I have seen and read about this, it's another generic Madden game. Only get if you already know you love Madden games.

Ridge Racer 3D - Screams "cash in" to me. Ridge Racer seems to have a game near or close to launch on nearly every system, console or handheld, and I highly doubt it's coincidental. The only thing that might make this stand out is the fact it's a well known fats pace racing franchise with 3D effects.

PES 2011 - See Madden NFL 3D, and replace "Madden" with "PES".

The Sims 3 - Cash in. The graphics are terrible, non of the videos or screenshots seem to even notice the system has 3D, muchless take advantage of it in gameplay. It's the exact same Sims 3 as any other console.

LEGO Star Wars III 3D - This game is coming to every other console and handheld system too. The only thing this version has going for it is that it'll be in 3D. Still, with the monotonous and horribly buggy reputation LEGO games have on handhelds (DS and PSP), It is best to wait for reviews before buying, or at the least, get it on a system you know already, so the 3DS new system sensation won't alter your thoughts.

Super Monkey Ball - Extremely frustrating gameplay. Also, if you look up any video of gameplay for this one, the camera seems to be.... highly jerky (Here's a video). Personally, that kind of camera I know would make me nauseated very quickly (I can't even watch the entire video without feeling queesy), so I cannot comment on this one further. The GCN and Wii versions did NOT make me nauseated.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 3D - It's based on Fire Emblem and Advanced Wars, but with a realistic story/setting.

Rayman 3D - Cash in. Rayman 2 has been ported OVER and OVER again. Still, it's a port of the dreamcast version, with a better camera, gameplay, learning curve, graphics, and controls, according to UBI. This version is being developed by Ubi itself, unlike the original DS version which was not. This is also the only 3D Action/Adventure launch title, and it's my choice as a Zelda/Mario fan. I have never played Rayman 2 before, and I'm sure that influences my pick.

Combat of Giants: Dinosaurs 3D - If it'll be like the Wii version, expect extreme monotony, strange game breaking glitches, boring combat, etc. I'd imagine the 3D would be very good in this game, but it's not worth it to play through this kind of nightmare game.

Asphalt 3D - Pretty much the same as ridge racer, except for the fact Asphalt is not a cash-in series.

BUST-A-MOVE UNIVERSE - Good for occasional 10 minute bursts, but when I get a new system, I want to be able to play it for longer durations. Only recomended for the extreme fans.

SAMURAI WARRIORS - Clear cash-in. I can see IGN/Gamespot's review now. Look at the gameplay video, it's EXACTLY the same as every single one of the other 8 "Warrior" KOEI games I've played. The only thing new with it is that it'll have 3D effects. It'll get the same scores as other recent games like this, 5-6/10.

EDIT: Fixed eye-straining font color.

bigpaws

Cat with da Big Paws!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
agreed
the only game worth it to me is SSFIV
it is the same as the console versions but i dont have a console version and i loved the demo for ps3
fighting games can generally entertain multiple times.

mikehammerX9

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
I want Ocarina of Time.
sad.gif

Xuphor

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
epicCreations.org said:
Xuphor said:
Where's DOA? I want your opinion on that, since the rest of your comments seem pretty good.
It's not a launch title. Gamestop accidently labelled it as one a while back, but corrected themselves, it's not.
If you find any proof that it's a real launch title, these entire forums would like to know
tongue.gif

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xuphor said:
SAMURAI WARRIORS - Clear cash-in. I can see IGN/Gamespot's review now. Look at the gameplay video, it's EXACTLY the same as every other "Warrior" KOEI game since Dynasty warrior 1 on PSX. The only thing new with it is that it'll have 3D effects. It'll get the same scores as other recent games like this, 5-6/10.
I question your if you truly know what you're saying. The 1st Dynasty Warriors game was a fighting game similar to that of Tekken or Virtua Fighter. Also, if you've seen the additions to this game you'd no that this game is clearly setting itself apart from it's console brothers and cousins.

Xuphor

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Xuphor said:
SAMURAI WARRIORS - Clear cash-in. I can see IGN/Gamespot's review now. Look at the gameplay video, it's EXACTLY the same as every other "Warrior" KOEI game since Dynasty warrior 1 on PSX. The only thing new with it is that it'll have 3D effects. It'll get the same scores as other recent games like this, 5-6/10.
I question your if you truly know what you're saying. The 1st Dynasty Warriors game was a fighting game similar to that of Tekken or Virtua Fighter. Also, if you've seen the additions to this game you'd no that this game is clearly setting itself apart from it's console brothers and cousins.

I've played 8 different "Warrior" games by KOEI, and they were all identicle gameplay to what the footage of the 3DS version shows. Apparently none of the 8 was the first one though, I thought it was. Fixing post.
EDIT: Fixed.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xuphor said:
machomuu said:
Xuphor said:

I've played 8 different "Warrior" games by KOEI, and they were all identicle gameplay to what the footage of the 3DS version shows. Apparently none of the 8 was the first one though, I thought it was. Fixing post.
Strikeforce proved Koei isn't out of ideas yet, and so does this. This is the first game in which one may interact with the story and decisions an be made as well the only one to allow for the swapping characters. The only thing that makes this similar to the other Warriors games are the characters and the attack system (which isn't unchanged.
The only reason I argue this is because I have been a long time fan and have watched as the series either cashed in on (Warriors Orochi 1+2; Samurai Warriors Empires; Dynasty Warriors Empires 5, 6, and 7; Dynasty Warriors Xtreme Legends 3, 4, 5; Dynasty Warriors 5; Samurai Warriors 2' Dynasty Warriors GBA, DS, and PSP) and improve (Dynasty Warriors 4, Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce, Dynasty Warriors 3, Samurai Warriors 1+3, Dynasty Warriors 4 Empires) and really look to see if they've changed it enough to show that they still care, and this game proves it, as well as maybe DW7.

Anyways, I'm thinking I might get PilotWings, too. I've seen what it has to offer, and if it's anything like the SNES version, it'll be fun.

Nottulys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Xuphor said:
machomuu said:
Xuphor said:

Strikeforce proved Koei isn't out of ideas yet, and so does this. This is the first game in which one may interact with the story and decisions an be made as well the only one to allow for the swapping characters. The only thing that makes this similar to the other Warriors games are the characters and the attack system (which isn't unchanged.
The only reason I argue this is because I have been a long time fan and have watched as the series either cashed in on (Warriors Orochi 1+2; Samurai Warriors Empires; Dynasty Warriors Empires 5, 6, and 7; Dynasty Warriors Xtreme Legends 3, 4, 5; Dynasty Warriors 5; Samurai Warriors 2' Dynasty Warriors GBA, DS, and PSP) and improve (Dynasty Warriors 4, Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce, Dynasty Warriors 3, Samurai Warriors 1+3, Dynasty Warriors 4 Empires) and really look to see if they've changed it enough to show that they still care, and this game proves it, as well as maybe DW7.

Anyways, I'm thinking I might get PilotWings, too. I've seen what it has to offer, and if it's anything like the SNES version, it'll be fun.

Exactly. Thats why Tecmo-KOEI is getting my money once again. Even Dynasty Warriors 7 is gonna be nice(and in Japan it already sold over a quater million). This is just one of the series that I grew playing, and enjoyed. Pilotwings on the other hand was one of my first SNES games ever, and if the reviews and videos are cool, oh and replayability is high, then I might get it. Everything else wont touch my damn 3DS. Except DOA:Demensions...Story mode battling through the ENITRE storyline thus far in all 4-5 games sounds good and online I hope...

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see no option for none... I figure I'll be able to keep myself amused enough with the AR games and my back log of DS titles till something with more substance comes out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)