Hardware the 3DS analog sticks suck a lot.

Ravenius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I noticed this when playing Zelda OoT. During a boss fight, I'd have to pause the game and reposition my thumb on the analog stick to make it not slide off.
On top of this, after walking around a bit, my thumb gets really sore. It hurst my finger to an extent that I don't find playing enjoyable anymore.
I asked my friend who also has a 3DS and Zelda. She said "Yeah, definitely", almost before I finished the sentence.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Edit: The title of the thread is plural by accident, but I suppose I can't change it anymore.

KuRensan

aka Pearbook
Trophies
Website
intheseaofclouds.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes ^^ especially playing the last boss, it's a bit annoying but I kinda got used to it ^^ and complaining about it won't make it work better
tongue.gif

RPG Hacker

Trophies
Website
rpg-hacker.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yup. It sure does hurt my thumb after some time and my thumb also got off it quite a few times already. However, I guess for handhelds it's still the best you can get. Much better than having a shitty stick like the PSP's.

Actually... maybe there is a better solution. If they just removed the stick alltogether and replaced it by a touchsensitive field or something like that. I suppose that would just make it more expensive, though.

Ravenius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I suppose, since I've never tried PSP, that the 3DS's analog stick is consider good as a handheld one. I pretty much compared it to my PS2's controller, since that's the only analog I've ever really used.

It didn't seem that bad now that I played again, so I suppose this only happens in boss fights etc where you have to run in circles a lot. I still do have to reposition my thumb every once in a while when running a long straight path.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Analog Stick > Circle Pad > PSP nub

Nintendo couldn't have a clamshell system design with an analog stick so the Circle Pad was the best compromise.
I've had my thumb slide off the pad too, but its not too bad. They could have used a stickier, ribbed rubber I guess. (gross)
tongue.gif

AndroidDem0man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ravenius said:
I noticed this when playing Zelda OoT. During a boss fight, I'd have to pause the game and reposition my thumb on the analog stick to make it not slide off.
On top of this, after walking around a bit, my thumb gets really sore. It hurst my finger to an extent that I don't find playing enjoyable anymore.
I asked my friend who also has a 3DS and Zelda. She said "Yeah, definitely", almost before I finished the sentence.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Edit: The title of the thread is plural by accident, but I suppose I can't change it anymore.

Doesnt happen to me actually. I have no problem with that circle pad actually. Because i'm saying in my head, Hey its better then a stupid d-pad.
i'm playing the same game, oot at the moment and i am right now only up to the water temple. got biggorons sword and all that and so far in all that my thumb hasnt been hurting one bit.

Bent

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I like the circle pad, but it did need to have grips/ridges put into the rubber. During certain parts I do find my thumb sliding off. But I don't have any discomfort or anything.

Assax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Same happens to me too man.
They should've made the "hole" deeper so the thumb wouldnt be able to slide over it.
I'm looking for some kind of solution like using rubber or whatever so my thumb stops sliding around its really annoying the reposition it every few minutes.

Black ace

Trophies
XP
Country
It happened to me and I did have to pause it to reposition but after a few hours of gameplay,I got used to it and don't have problems with it anymore.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I`m totally fine with the circle-pad of the 3DS. I didn`t expect it but it has a good grip and I can move for a long time without repositioning my thumb on it. I really like that the trough is quite deep.

But strangely I have this problem with my PS3 controller (DS3), because they don`t have any kind of trough. Still it is manageable... I got used to it a bit.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ben_j said:
it does suck yes... And I think I saw that the Wii U controler sticks will be like that too. Bummer
Even you don't like it, the Wii U ones are not quite the same.

To what I remember, since I got use to playing DOA, I had no problems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end