1. morinoki

OP morinoki Newbie
    Newcomer

Australia
    So, hello. Let's tell about this trouble: in june-jule or like this, i had the error for e shop like region lock or smt else, and after all, I was thinking that the deleting firmware could be fix this problem. And, unfortunately, I'm delete wrong: i don't remember about this instruction, but in general, that's about deleting some files. And that's turned out wrong. Now after this, i can't load the home screen, but to start gm9 or like this, i can. And after switching on the console, after 1 min and more it just black screen and no more. This doesn't show any errors, it just black screen. What shall i do?

Shadow#1 likes this.
  2. morinoki

OP morinoki Newbie
    Newcomer

Australia
    btw my sd card turned out formatted, and now i haven't the 3ds folder. Maybe that's can't start home screen, because sd without this folder?

3. techmuse

techmuse Member
    Newcomer

United States
    OP (You), Wait what did you delete? Deleing system files is a really, really bad idea.

MKKhanzo likes this.
  4. morinoki

OP morinoki Newbie
    Newcomer

Australia
    I understand. But idk how to fix this)))

5. TurdPooCharger

United States
    Repair the 3DS firmware + custom firmware with CTRTransfer (Type D9) - CTRTransfer. Carefully read and follow the Instructions.

6. morinoki

OP morinoki Newbie
    Newcomer

Australia
    When i finish ctrtransfer, thats shows error "sha verification: failed". Maybe jt could be to use another ctrtransfer, for example, jp reg?

7. morinoki

OP morinoki Newbie
    Newcomer

Australia
    So, I tried with jp ctrtransfer, and that's same error: sha verification: failed

Last edited by morinoki, Nov 25, 2020
  8. TurdPooCharger

United States
    That means the script has found the ctrtransfer BIN & SHA image you selected was a bad copy. If the image is bad, CTRTransfer (Type D9) won't reflash your the n2DSXL as a safety precaution. This is to prevent a even worse softbrick.

Assuming you're Australian who has a EUR n2DSXL, if you downloaded the ctrnand image from the official [3ds.hacks.guide] CTRTransfer through a torrent client like qBittorrent or Deluge and extracted these files with archiving program such as 7-Zip or WinRAR,
    • 11.5.0-38E_ctrtransfer_n3ds.bin
    • 11.5.0-38E_ctrtransfer_n3ds.bin.sha
    , the likely explanation for this failure is that the SD card you're using is fake, and it's corrupting your files.

:!: Please revisit steps 1–4 in the Instructions. If you can, find/buy a separate microSD card, hardware test it, and use that one to unbrick the n2DSXL.

Do not skip steps. Do not use a bad or failed SD card.

9. morinoki

OP morinoki Newbie
    Newcomer

Australia
    thanks for helping, that's works)
    but i used default ctrtransfer (i mean with tickets etc, not from d9), and hopefully that's works

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

btw the error from eshop still be. Ofc, i could live without this, but if u know how to fix it, that's will be great) the error is 007-6513

10. fmkid

fmkid Just another GBATemp's random guy

Colombia
    • Is your console well connected to the internet?
    • Is your console updated to the latest version 11.14 (for that, you must have Luma updated to v10.2.1)?
    • Do you have created an NNID account before and used it without problem?
    • Have your console the parental control restriction activated?
    • Did you perform a region change on the past?
    • Did you try to use a fake (credit/eShop) card number (or something like that) to obtain balance on a fraudulent/dishonest way?
    • Or, did you perform another thing on your console just before error appears? Which thing?
    PS: Never, EVER, try again to modify or delete the system firmware or any part of this (partition, system title or system file) without enough knowledge about you're doing

Last edited by fmkid, Nov 25, 2020
    Stealphie, E1ite007, morinoki and 3 others like this.
  11. morinoki

OP morinoki Newbie
    Newcomer

Australia
    All working normally without updating system and problem in e shop 007 6513

12. fmkid

Colombia
    Obviously you must update your console to the latest FW version in order to enter to the eShop (and another online services).

But, as I said, you must have Luma latest version for that.

13. Lang_Kasempo

Lang_Kasempo Gbatemp's Official Bi-hugger

Mexico
    Wait, why?
    Homebrew 101:
    DON'T, TOUCH, THE NAND, IF YOU AREN'T SURE

14. morinoki

OP morinoki Newbie
    Newcomer

Australia
    i have latest version of luma, but i can't update system

15. fmkid

Colombia
    Why exactly not?... Then it could be a problem with the WiFi module (either at software or hardware level) or with internet settings (supposing that you have a functional internet connection at home)

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - firmware, deleting, bricked