Hardware The 256 GB Micro Sd Scam by Lime and AliExpress

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
no we have lots of warehouses in Canada! so not sure how the fakes are getting through
Well maybe they first arrive in the US by a cargo plane and then get shipped from there to Canada and seeing Canada has a good trade relationship with the US i can see Canada not being strict when it comes to checkups with stuff that comes from the US

matias3ds

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So amazon doesn't have warehouses in Canada and you get it straight from the US ? Yeah, it would make sense then. Well, seeing with Trump is in charge we will maybe see less fakes popping up from American warehouses because he probably already has put stricter checkups with stuff that comes from China. The US barely checked stuff coming from China before because of the friendly relationship they had prior when it came to trading. I hope for everybody who buys from amazon.com now that it will be better now
When I order some electronics from AliExpress , if they are send from the US it way cheaper than if they have to send them from China . But when I want to select send from the US i have a message that says this product can't be send from US , and I have to check send from China :-(

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
When I order some electronics from AliExpress , if they are send from the US it way cheaper than if they have to send them from China . But when I want to select send from the US i have a message that says this product can't be send from US , and I have to check send from China :-(
Well, i'm not from the US myself but i guess it has to do with the trading war between the US and China wich is not a bad thing since because of that goods shipped from China will probably have the same strict checkup as goods arriving from China to Europe meaning less fake goods ending up being stocked in American warehouses. Not a Trump fan myself but i can acknowledge some good stuff that he does since i have a less biased opinion about that matter seeing i don't live there. I wonder if people did actually have received less fake products now since the trade war ? It would be interesting to see some numbers on that compared to before the trade wars when the US was still on good terms with China trading wise

Last edited by kumikochan,
Reactions: matias3ds

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Always read reviews and look at attached review screenshots before buying from Aliexpress.

Buy genuine SD cards. You can find some cheap brands like Lexar or Orico 256 GB cards for less than 25 $ (not that I am advertising any brand in particular).

Last edited by depaul,

rsx

USA Modchip Installer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haha i remember this meme from a few year ago
i wish i jumped on the 64gb card then
they actually used to be a good deal but now they are not cheap like before ,i can get a store brand card from micro center cheaper usually but no pretty shark graphics tho

I have a couple of microcenter cards too, $35 (plus tax) for 256gb and they're only uhs-1 speeds. The goddess/elephant mixza cards are only $29 and uhs-3.

Last edited by rsx,
Reactions: weatMod

matias3ds

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
If testing cards with large capacity, I recommend to test with FakeFlashTest. You will get the results in matter of seconds or minutes instead of hours.
Just to be sure I test it with Faketest this are the results :

Attachments

• IMG_20200131_004659.jpg
    IMG_20200131_004659.jpg
    932.5 KB · Views: 159

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
AliExpress should've been shut down long ago, sounds like a garbage site
Except it isnt they have some really good items if you actually take the time to search properly and use your brain.

I nagged myself a 10 inch 1440p display and converter board for £45 a few years back. Bought a desk adjustable stand and now I have a 2nd display which is powered solely through usb.

It's also the a good place to get console shells on the cheap.
Hello it's a good place to get most items if you actually take the time and do a little research. Instead of OP who literally grabbed the cheapest thing.

He didnt even link the listing he bought from.
Edit found the listing 1 people 5 star rated it and in their other listings for this brand it's like 5 people max reviewed it and were gifted
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/40003...er_id=3b1370f986e3466ba160908ff1c71a00&is_c=Y

Also your opinion doesnt matter if you haven't even tried the site, imagine flying in and saying a site should be removed because you personally think its garbage yet dont even know anything.
Sound like an antivaxxer

Last edited by izy,
Reactions: oslo83

matias3ds

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Except it isnt they have some really good items if you actually take the time to search properly and use your brain.

I nagged myself a 10 inch 1440p display and converter board for £45 a few years back. Bought a desk adjustable stand and now I have a 2nd display which is powered solely through usb.

Hello it's a good place to get most items if you actually take the time and do a little research. Instead of OP who literally grabbed the cheapest thing.

Edit found the listing 1 people 5 star rated it and in their other listings for this brand it's like 5 people max reviewed it and were gifted
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/40003...er_id=3b1370f986e3466ba160908ff1c71a00&is_c=Y

Also your opinion doesnt matter if you haven't even tried the site, imagine flying in and saying a site should be removed because you personally think its garbage yet dont even know anything.
Sound like an antivaxxer
Yeap i agree Aliexpress , has good stuff but you´ve got to know how to buy .
I bought a switch pro controller non original and it works great , also a Joycon station charger the includes charger for 2 pro controllers , and its works very well .

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well maybe they first arrive in the US by a cargo plane and then get shipped from there to Canada and seeing Canada has a good trade relationship with the US i can see Canada not being strict when it comes to checkups with stuff that comes from the US
I buy uSDs from amazon all of the time, HOWEVER I generally only by the ones that are sold AND shipped by Amazon, i.e. not from some random 3rd party. Edit: Also I stick to well known brands, e.g. Samsung, Sandisk, Lexar, PNY, and even some other brands I tend to skip e.g. TEAM although I haven't seen a TEAM branded uSD in some time...

These $15 256GB cards are listed on Amazon as well, but $15 is a dead giveaway that it's either a hacked/relabeled card or something else is off with it, probably failed factory tests but weren't destroyed for some reason and these guys got hold of some and relabeled them... which is also apparently fairly common, unfortunately...

I DID see a 400GB sandisk on Amazon for ~$55 the other day meanwhile 512GB Samsungs are still ~$80. Don't recall who sold it, i.e. I don't remember if I clicked on amazon as seller at that point... tempting, but I need to buy a bunch of lower cap cards for other uses, e.g. $5 32GB cards(same price as their 16GB)... limit of 3, and yes I could not place one order then create a new order with 3 more as it failed at checkout, reduced to ZERO unfortunately... and damn checkout the prices for 8GB and under uSD, I saw $90 and $130. nm lot of XX (25 for the $90)

Code:
You have reached the purchase limit for this item. We have changed the quantity to the maximum allowable.

If the quantity has been set to 0, please delete the item (below the item details) to proceed.
Damn! YOU! Amazon! They're $0.01 LESS than the 16GB cards...

Last edited by cutterjohn,
Reactions: matias3ds

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sound like an antivaxxer

Thanks for comparing me to a subhuman antivaxxer, really appreciate it. I don't plan on ever using Aliexpress, so it's not my fucking problem.

ChibiMofo

Elon Musk is my dog
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you want to play Russian Roulette with your credit card, by all means go to Aliexpress. No site on the entire 'Net is filled with more scammer or liars. It's really one stop shopping for counterfeits. And memory cards indeed the best thing to purchase at Aliexpress if you wish to be scammed.

I really thought everyone knew this by now.

Do yourself a favor. Instead of trying to save $5 and get a "great deal", buy a quality product from a trusted retailer than has a no-hassle return policy. Then you won't waste time on forums telling us about it and will instead be too busy enjoying your new purchase.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: uoiea