Hardware The 256 GB Micro Sd Scam by Lime and AliExpress

riccetto80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
It's 38 Euro in Europe now but it often goes on sale for 25-28 euro's. Like a lot
And yeah there are . Also this is shipping included so if you take that 31 euro link with no import included if you live in Europe plus shipping you will actually pay more. Everything under 24 Euro is import free seeing this cost 31 Euro, you will pay a hefty importing price on it because it comes from outside Europe. So in the end everything included yeah the sandisk version is the cheapest for European customers.
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B0758NHWS8/ref=sr_1_3?__mk_nl_NL=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&crid=2YVDW567B256F&keywords=sandisk+256gb+micro+sd&qid=1580407555&sprefix=sandisk+256,aps,239&sr=8-3

You not take in account the U1 and U3 nomenclature, this are 2 different product you comparing.

a sandisk U3 price is 60 euros:
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07FCR3316/ref=sr_1_3

Anyway, is difficult to really compare a price when both product have discounts, we dont know what the real medium price is.

I cannot talk about big sizes, i usually buy 32-64gb mostly, but for this price and nomenclature/speeds, i never ever find a sandisk or other major brand in my country or amazon, with the same price to a aliexpress good micro sd. most of the time the price is around 40/50% less, and i check it often in the last 6-8 months, so im sure of what i talk about.

anyway, im not here to convince anyone, i posted a link when was asked about, you and other can do and think about as you wish.

Last edited by riccetto80,

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You not take in account the U1 and U3 nomenclature, this are 2 different product you comparing.

a sandisk U3 price is 60 euros:
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07FCR3316/ref=sr_1_3

Anyway, is difficult to really compare a price when both product have discounts, we dont know what the real medium price is.

I cannot talk about big sizes, i usually buy 32-64gb mostly, but for this price and nomenclature/speeds, i never ever find a sandisk or other major brand in my country or amazon, with the same price to a aliexpress good micro sd. most of the time the price is around 40/50% less, and i check it often in the last 6-8 months, so im sure of what i talk about.
well with import fee's included wich you absolutely will get if a products ships above 22 Euro's it will come quite close to that. I just used an import calculator and i come around 54 Euro and that is without the extra cost the post office usually adds to it when import cost happens and that is around 6.5 euro so in the end it is the same price

Last edited by kumikochan,

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Always stick with name brand. I only buy from Sandisk directly from their store on Amazon, and they ALWAYS have SD cards on sale. Got a 400GB card for $48 during black friday.
Even then it's not a guarantee. Friend ordered directly from the Sandisk website when they had a black friday deal and they sent a fake. It appears they outsource the shipping of their own stuff, or something else shady is going on. Eventually got it replaced, but jeez.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Even then it's not a guarantee. Friend ordered directly from the Sandisk website when they had a black friday deal and they sent a fake. It appears they outsource the shipping of their own stuff, or something else shady is going on. Eventually got it replaced, but jeez.
I think it has to do with warehouses, most people i see complaining about fakes are American based customers while i usually order from the German warehouse and never ever experienced a fake when ordering from the company page itself

Reactions: Jayro and osaka35
D

Deleted User

It's not guaranteed, but it's less likely.

Amazon Spain for example sells pirated Blu-rays and you'd think they're genuine because, you know, Amazon is selling them.

Example: The Wizard.

I can't remember the name in Spanish, but there are plenty more bootlegs.

riccetto80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
well with import fee's included wich you absolutely will get if a products ships above 22 Euro's it will come quite close to that. I just used an import calculator and i come around 54 Euro and that is without the extra cost the post office usually adds to it when import cost happens and that is around 6.5 euro so in the end it is the same price

depends, i usually buy 32-64gb who never have import fee added because they are under 10 euros

anyway in my experience, for 20/30 euros, at least in my country, you rarely have to really pay fee.
i received last week a 26 euros product and custom let me walk out with no payment at all.

but i guess with custom is like with lottery, you never know what you will have to pay.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
depends, i usually buy 32-64gb who never have import fee added because they are under 10 euros

anyway in my experience, for 20/30 euros, at least in my country, you rarely have to really pay fee.
i received last week a 26 euros product and custom let me walk out with no payment at all.

but i guess with custom is like with lottery, you never know what you will have to pay.
i had import fee's a lot of times and i don't want to go through buying stuff like it is a lottery game, not knowing if i will have them this time or not but if you get them it is the same price so. Yeah you can get it cheaper if you don't have the import fee but if you do end up having them in a lot of cases you'll end up paying more. If you want to gamble that way, that is your choice. I don't believe you walked out if it was 26 Euro, i looked up european law and it clearly says till 22 euro shipping included it is import free. Why would the goverment break the law themselves to give you stuff free ? It's usually the other way around

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it has to do with warehouses, most people i see complaining about fakes are American based customers while i usually order from the German warehouse and never ever experienced a fake when ordering from the company page itself
It's not guaranteed, but it's less likely.

Amazon Spain for example sells pirated Blu-rays and you'd think they're genuine because, you know, Amazon is selling them.

Example: The Wizard.

I can't remember the name in Spanish, but there are plenty more bootlegs.
Aye, It's just sad when there is no 100% safe way to do it, just safer ways. I usually do well going with amazon prime stuff, but really the only advice is to run every portable cards/hdd you get through a legitimacy checker. At least amazon prime is pretty good about returns. I've learned to add a week or two to any project requiring sd cards or large portable data. Got to allow time for returns with fakes lol.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Aye, It's just sad when there is no 100% safe way to do it, just safer ways. I usually do well going with amazon prime stuff, but really the only advice is to run every portable cards/hdd you get through a legitimacy checker. At least amazon prime is pretty good about returns. I've learned to add a week or two to any project requiring sd cards or large portable data. Got to allow time for returns with fakes lol.
well maybe try out amazon.de, not from Germany myself but the German amazon has the lowest prices and it ships way faster compared to the Spanish amazon. Never experienced any fakes with amazon.de and price is always much better on there. A tip most people don't know how you can compare prices over European warehouses is that if you opened up a product page, changing the country code in the link to another brings you to the same page from the warehouse in that country. Like changing DE to lets say FR. EDIT i should have replied to the person you replied 2. My mistake lol

Reactions: osaka35

rsx

USA Modchip Installer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again, Mixza brand is real: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1191646

I have a few (128gb and 256gb) and they all passed with h2testw.

MIXZA_Elephant_Memory_Card_256GB_128GB_64.png MIXZA_Goddess2.png MIXZA_HY_Memory_Card_230_11.00.34.png

Reactions: weatMod

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buying SD Cards from China is like playing Russian Roulette with 5 bullets instead of 1.
yeah better to buy from ebay even if it looks fake you get a refund and get to keep the card which is probably still like 8gb or maybe even 16 gb card you can use for rpi zero project or something

sillz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I buy like 10 to 20 things a month from amazon and have never experienced a fake product ever. I pick European warehouses, maybe it's different but have bought over the course of maybe 5 years or so like 30 micro sd cards from the sandisk page and they were all legit, same with external hard drives that i order

You're just one of the lucky ones that have not experienced a scammed card yet.

here is another good example:

Attachments

• amazon sd.jpg
    amazon sd.jpg
    401.3 KB · Views: 142

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mixza brand on aliexpress is real.
haha i remember this meme from a few year ago
i wish i jumped on the 64gb card then
they actually used to be a good deal but now they are not cheap like before ,i can get a store brand card from micro center cheaper usually but no pretty shark graphics tho

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You're just one of the lucky ones that have not experienced a scammed card yet.

here is another good example:
If you go back to what i said, it seems most people that experience fakes bought from American warehouses. I think it's a problem with the warehouses over there since i always buy from the German warehouse and never experienced that. And i probably also think it has to do with Europe doing a lot of checks regarding fakes because they have said multiple times they will be stricter and stricter with stuff that comes from outside of Europe because it is mostly fake. The picture you showed me is from an american warehouse and so is most of the people here complaining about fakes. I'm not saying it doesn't happen here but that's my conclusion atleast seeing the fake complaints usually come from over there in the US

Reactions: sillz

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
haha i remember this meme from a few year ago
i wish i jumped on the 64gb card then
they actually used to be a good deal but now they are not cheap like before ,i can get a store brand card from micro center cheaper usually but no pretty shark graphics tho
Yeah me too, especially during 2017 when prices were really high and I had to pay almost $20 for a very low quality 64GB.
Now for slightly less I can get a 128GB sandisk.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I buy like 10 to 20 things a month from amazon and have never experienced a fake product ever. I pick European warehouses, maybe it's different but have bought over the course of maybe 5 years or so like 30 micro sd cards from the sandisk page and they were all legit, same with external hard drives that i order
It's probably not a common occurrence due to the sheer volume of products Amazon sells, compared to the 3rd parties on there.

sillz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you go back to what i said, it seems most people that experience fakes bought from American warehouses. I think it's a problem with the warehouses over there since i always buy from the German warehouse and never experienced that. And i probably also think it has to do with Europe doing a lot of checks regarding fakes because they have said multiple times they will be stricter and stricter with stuff that comes from outside of Europe because it is mostly fake. The picture you showed me is from an american warehouse and so is most of the people here complaining about fakes. I'm not saying it doesn't happen here but that's my conclusion atleast seeing the fake complaints usually come from over there in the US

yea that makes sense, damn I need to get a hold of some euro SD cards. hey would you mind doing a batch order for all of us on this thread? lolB-)

Reactions: matias3ds

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
yea that makes sense, damn I need to get a hold of some euro SD cards. hey would you mind doing a batch order for all of us on this thread? lolB-)
Does Canada not almost have the same laws as the EU when it comes to consumer products ? I would have thought Canada having less fakes 2 because of the same strict laws as the union has with stuff that comes over from the border

sillz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does Canada not almost have the same laws as the EU when it comes to consumer products ? I would have thought Canada having less fakes 2 because of the same strict laws as the union has with stuff that comes over from the border

well without getting too political.....it all comes down to money and I'm sure they have there way around some laws by opening up distribution centers and creating jobs so the government will let things slide. I have gotten quite a few fake cards from Amazon so now I just stick to major retailers like Best buy when I need them.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
well without getting too political.....it all comes down to money and I'm sure they have there way around some laws by opening up distribution centers and creating jobs so the government will let things slide. I have gotten quite a few fake cards from Amazon so now I just stick to major retailers like Best buy when I need them.
So amazon doesn't have warehouses in Canada and you get it straight from the US ? Yeah, it would make sense then. Well, seeing with Trump is in charge we will maybe see less fakes popping up from American warehouses because he probably already has put stricter checkups with stuff that comes from China. The US barely checked stuff coming from China before because of the friendly relationship they had prior when it came to trading. I hope for everybody who buys from amazon.com now that it will be better now

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ab8GtuPdrUQ +1