Hacking The 15 dollar chinese dongle experience

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was going to, till I saw this in their description:

"Note:we don't accept return for any reason because one piece can be bound to one console only,pls consider carefully before buying."
I tried contacting one of the sellers, and they said they are confident that all their devices are working as intended, they even offered me that they can send a video. For return/refund, they said they can only do that if the buyer send the items back to them.

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Seems to be a clone of the ns-atmosphere dongle since it uses the Ns-atmosphere programmer but looks decent enough. So maybe it is a good dongle, order one and let us know otherwise ?
I just bought 6 of these to check it out. It's different from ns atmosphere since for this one you can just copy-paste the payload directly to the dongle, no need to inject it. Also, you can store up to 6 (or more) payloads in it.

One thing that bothers me is that it has the super capacitor and does it suppose to discharge quickly? I mean if I leave the dongle for 30mins and try to use it again, it doesn't work. I need to charge the dongle for 5-10secs first before I can use it to my switch.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

kumikochan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I just bought 6 of these to check it out. It's different from ns atmosphere since for this one you can just copy-paste the payload directly to the dongle, no need to inject it. Also, you can store up to 6 (or more) payloads in it.

One thing that bothers me is that it has the super capacitor and does it suppose to discharge quickly? I mean if I leave the dongle for 30mins and try to use it again, it doesn't work. I need to charge the dongle for 5-10secs first before I can use it to my switch.

So it doesn't work the same as the SX dongle that you can charge it through the switch for a couple of seconds ?

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
So it doesn't work the same as the SX dongle that you can charge it through the switch for a couple of seconds ?
Still checking the thing out. the website says you can charge it in 10secs or less and supercaps are supposed to do that but with all the time it took to ship it maybe it needs to charge a little bit more. All 6 of them had the problem I mentioned so I tried to charge one a little bit more and it worked even after being idle for a long time. Will experiment more until tomorrow and report back.

Oh, you can charge it from the switch itself when the switch is turned on but when the switch is in RCM the dongle doesn't charge.

I also took the case apart to check what's inside. If you wanna see it I can post it here.

alisaeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia

Same here
I thought it works like the sx dongle but it seems that I have to charge it every time before I used it
That makes it useless for me

grammarJew

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have an idea why my attempts to keep writing hekate.bin to the dongle is failing verification? The number of page errors and byte errors is changing each time I attempt to write.

kumikochan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Does anyone have an idea why my attempts to keep writing hekate.bin to the dongle is failing verification? The number of page errors and byte errors is changing each time I attempt to write.
Maybe there's something wrong with yours. I got 3 at the moment, one has atmosphere, hekate and Reinx and all works. Did you try to use it on another pc ?

Robert McCoy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently have two and one has hekate.bin and the other has reinx.bin but it never gave me that error. Maybe re-download the hekate files? Maybe they got corrupt?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/