The 15 dollar chinese dongle experience

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by kumikochan, Aug 19, 2018.

1. JoeBloggs777

JoeBloggs777 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    that's good of him. nothing wrong with having a few spare ones :D

2. kumikochan
    OP

kumikochan GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    Yeah one is running hekate now while the other is running reinx and the other one will be running atmosphere when it releases lol :P

3. JoeBloggs777

May 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    what about SX OS :O

:rofl2: i'm joking

kumikochan likes this.
  4. kumikochan
    OP

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    If I had it then ofcourse but not gonna pay 25 euro just to have xci loading wich is a nice thing to have. Not gonna argue about that

5. JoeBloggs777

May 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    well that's one reason why i bought the sx pro, tx were first with the complete package of os/dongle and rcm jig.
    i think i paid just over $50 shipped, but if you bought the dongle and rcm jig from someone else, separately , then you'll pay 2 lots of postage. it made sense to just buy the complete package. I've got nothing against ReiNX or Atmos or even the dongle you bought. choice can only be a good thing

6. kumikochan
    OP

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    But you get an rcm jig plus the dongle for 14 euro/dollar and if you use the new customer coupon it will only be 10 euro/dollar plus it has an RCM jig clipped in the dongle itself

7. JoeBloggs777

May 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    i bought my sx pro 3 months ago when there was nothing else apart from crap 3d printed jigs. i wasted money buying one of them

8. kumikochan
    OP

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    Yeah but I was using autorcm till now but my reed switches arrived today so just got done installing one. Never again because those tiny ribbon cables were a bitch to put back. The soldering by itself was an easy job but it took so long before I assembled it back again because of the tiny ass ribbon cables. Guess my hands are 2 big lol. But glad that I'm done with using jigs and Autorcm. Glad that I installed one

9. JoeBloggs777

May 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    i was going to use a reed switch but I didn't think it was worth all the trouble because I only turn off the switch when i'm taking out the sd card to put more games on or delete some. I've only used the dongle about 15 times in 3 months.

10. kumikochan
    OP

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    I use it a lot of times actually since I never use sleep mode since I always have it in my backpack so I wanted a proper way of turning it off without using a jig hence the reed switch. It just depends if it suits your need ofcourse.

11. windhazard

windhazard GBAtemp Fan

Mar 23, 2016
    Germany
  12. kumikochan
    OP

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
  13. windhazard

windhazard GBAtemp Fan

Mar 23, 2016
    Germany
    I was going to, till I saw this in their description:

"Note:we don't accept return for any reason because one piece can be bound to one console only,pls consider carefully before buying."

14. kumikochan
    OP

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    Don't worry about that, I saw that most aliexpress sellers put that on their page. It's just copy paste from the Xecuter website. The atmosphere-+

15. kumikochan
    OP

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    Don't worry about that, I saw that most aliexpress sellers put that on their page. It's just copy paste from the Xecuter website. The atmosphere dongle also has that on their page

16. Quicksilver88

Quicksilver88 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 26, 2013
    United States
    I will probably order it.....lol I have been ordering and trying all the cheapo injectors off Ali just to check them out. I figure I will be modding some friends/family Switch's in to coming months so having some of these low cost injectors to give away will be a plus. I have now tried the RCM-X86 v3 unit and the NsAtmosphere. This looks like a clone of the NS but I would likely recommend the NS just because it has a power switch and external reset button. I also appreciate their website which has decent turorials and they also have a ReinX package with everything you need pre built for easy download and deploy. Really for $15 you can't do better.

Rushhour77, Nightflash and kumikochan like this.
  17. kumikochan
    OP

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    Yeah true that true that

18. Robert McCoy

Robert McCoy GBAtemp Fan

Apr 9, 2015
    United States
    Yeah I just got mine today. Took 4 weeks to get here and the USB-C port on the dongle doesn't work but using a USB mini to USB-c adapter worked.

kumikochan likes this.
  19. 8BitWonder

8BitWonder Small Homebrew Dev

Jan 23, 2016
    United States
    47 4F 54 20 45 45 4D
    Just received mine last night. Took two weeks as OP and others have mentioned.
    I only had time to flash it and try it once. I'll use it more as time allows it.
    But from what I saw it seems to work pretty well, and flashing was fairly straightforward.

20. annson24

annson24 The Patient One

May 5, 2016
    Philippines
    Just got mine today, 3 pieces actually. Ordered them last Nov.29 via Aliexpress Direct. Performance-wise, it does what it's intended to do. Cosmetic-wise, they could've done a better job but all in all I'm satisfied.

21. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    It took 10 months to get delivered? Dang. :rofl:

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted