Hacking The 1.63 update fried my card thread

Mastershredder

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Post here if the 1.63 firmware broke your supercard. Let's try to get as much info from people and hopefully someone can come up with a fix for this. I figured i'd start this thread because myself, as well as others from other forums are having problems with the new 1.63 firmware.

Here's what I did:

I put the upgrade.scu file into the root of my minisd and turned on the ds.

It comes up saying:

Old ver 1.62
Now ver 1.63

I press start to upgrade. It gets to 32% and says:

write flash error.
Turn off GBA, upgrade again.

No matter how many times I try this, I get the same thing.

Now my supercard does nothing.

The bottom screen shows the supercard logo and the top screen is white.

I've tried different miniSD cards, tried formatting them all with different cluster size. I've even downloaded older upgrade.scu files with the same results.

My card is a Supercard miniSD. Looking at the back of it I can see there's a Hynix 519AA chip and a CB O441 chip. Maybe the people who are having problems have similar chips (because I know there are different parts depending on when the cards were manufactured)

Keep posting so we can get this resolved!

Ysx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Same here, stalled around 31%. Tried copying across the 1.62 firmware and renaming to UPGRADE.scu, but it won't accept it - "It isn't accurate upgrade file". I wonder if there's a version number inside the file that's stopping the downgrade.

*sigh*

Mastershredder

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep. I've tried about everything I can think of. In GBA mode it shows the gameboy logo, then comes up with the update screen and bombs out at 32% as well.

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
From the SC chinese forum it looks like this is caused by SuperCard team trying to block(break?) the fake version in this update.

Friendly fire.

lanik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have the same problem...
cry.gif

lanik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My SuperCard isn´t a fake....

I have checked out the photografs in the official website, and yes, it has a yellow battery.

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@sack
That's why I said it's a friendly fire, looks like their fake detection code is faulty.

And yes, it's confirmed, the new supercard update attempts to erase the firmware (hence break it) if it thinks your SuperCard is a fake.

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
It might activate you paranoia if you read the same crap at 2 different sites. All new posters. Not one regular SC user has reprted the problem, how come new posters know all the sites ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr