that's messed up..

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by popopola, Apr 12, 2010.

Apr 12, 2010

that's messed up.. by popopola at 3:03 AM (1,641 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. popopola
    OP

Member popopola GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    okay so I buy 1 month of xbl from my local mall in summer of last year

I buy some xbl games with my mom's credit card

After 1 month, I STILL i have live and I have no idea why. This happens for another couple of months. I started to think what if microsoft gave me a 12 month by accident! That would be awesome!

anyways, I eventually get banned...

7 months later, my mom checks her credit card statement

apparently we've been charged 1 month of live every month and we didn't even know.

that would explain why I had more live that what I bought for originally.

Now, where does that leave us? what can we do? I only planned on buying 1 month of live. I had no idea i was paying for more every month?

I tried called them but they are no help at ALL and I don't know what to do..

2. Kevin578

Member Kevin578 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    theres nothing really you can do. just pay the bill, buy a new 360 and keep on playing.

3. TrolleyDave

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    Did you use an Xbox Live card to purchase the 1 month XBL? In the UK you'd be able to complain to Trading Standards for something like that. I'm not sure if there's a similar body in Canada. If you didn't agree to pay for Live on the credit card then they've basically committed fraud.

4. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    you should have read terms and conditions besides just hitting okay/confirm without reading anything
    it says clearly in it, you will be enrolled in a monthly renewal until its cancelled

keep calling them and get someone who is not in india and can actually do something and cancel the subscription

5. TrolleyDave

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    Seriously? Over here if you use an XBL scratch card it doesn't auto-renew on the credit card after. I've done it a couple of times to save the hassle of phoning up and cancelling when I didn't have the cash for that month.

6. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    Yeah. I dont bother using a credit card as it will automatically renew when it expires and because you can get cards for cheaper. I bought a month for $1 back last year and you have to actually call up microsoft to get them to remove your credit card information so that you wont keep getting billed. It is a huge hassle but thats the only way to do it. You used to be able to remove it on the website but because its a subscription, you cant do anything about it.

7. popopola
    OP

Member popopola GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    you're right Joe, when I called them they said the exact same thing.

I'll admit that it is my fault but cmonnn... who really reads that long terms and conditions stuff..

8. ByteMunch

Member ByteMunch GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I do... The T&Cs do say it will automatically renew on the assigned payment option, or something... But only if its a 1month [​IMG]

9. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    Not many peole. Hundreds of people have lost their souls due to not readin the Terms and Conditions.

10. Assassination

Member Assassination 暗殺者Lv25

Japan
    Microsoft just want some cash..

11. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    Everyone wants some cash, but this type of trick is not uncommon. There are a bucketload of sites and subscription services that will charge you recurring fees if you do not explicitly cancel the subscription.

And then there are those that either make it difficult to cancel, delay the cancellation, or even make it impossible to cancel without going through the authorities (such as Trading Standards in the UK).

The scratchcards are much safer - use once, get another when it runs out. I do the same for WoW, although admittedly I don't have any form of credit/debit card I can use anyway.

12. Hachibei

Member Hachibei GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    The same thing happened to my friend, although his account wasn't banned, he was just permanently stuck with a silver account. Timecards FTW.

13. Esjay131

Newcomer Esjay131 Newbie

United States
    Well, i've had this happen before, and you're only suspended until the payment is made to reimburse Microsoft for their lost assets. Normally if you leave the account suspended for about 3-6 months, they will just unsuspend it, happened with me.