Apple Thats it. HOW the fu*k do i connect to the internet on my ipad 3?

saberjoy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I tried literally everything to make it work.I manage to connect to my wifi at my house but then i cant open webpages on safari nor connect to app store/itunes. I tried forgetting the network and restting network settings multiple times but it still isnt working.
Anyone who had similar problems and managed to solved them???

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Have you tried adding the ipad's MAC address to the whitelist on your router ? Perhaps your router's firewall is sticking it's nose in.........

{EDIT} You probably have - I didn't mean to insult your intelligence if so :)

saberjoy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Have you tried adding the ipad's MAC address to the whitelist on your router ? Perhaps your router's firewall is sticking it's nose in.........

{EDIT} You probably have - I didn't mean to insult your intelligence if so :)
I am gonna try it right away! even though i dont have mac filtering on so i doubt if it will make a difference. ill try it anyways

elenar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd also guess that you aren't using a correct password, or your router is blocking access from unknown devices (this is common, and relatively easy to fix).

If you have admin access to your router, go in and check the connected devices. If your iPad is telling you it's connected, it should show up in the list, and you should be able to go from there to get it whitelisted. You said you don't have it on, so other things can be causing it. Password mismatch for example, or other router features can block what certain devices have access to in some cases. If the iPad is showing up as at least trying to connect (this isn't as easy to ascertain, varies by router model, and too complex to explain here how to make absolute sure it's at least trying to connect) it isn't a hardware problem with the iPad, it's some software or middleware connectivity issue like firewalling (many routers do this), wireless being set up appropriately for some devices and not for others, the list could go on.

Check your router to see if it's there, and see if you can find any problems. If you have a higher-end router, it's software settings page will give you a lot of information that could point you in the right direction.

saberjoy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I'd also guess that you aren't using a correct password, or your router is blocking access from unknown devices (this is common, and relatively easy to fix).

If you have admin access to your router, go in and check the connected devices. If your iPad is telling you it's connected, it should show up in the list, and you should be able to go from there to get it whitelisted. You said you don't have it on, so other things can be causing it. Password mismatch for example, or other router features can block what certain devices have access to in some cases. If the iPad is showing up as at least trying to connect (this isn't as easy to ascertain, varies by router model, and too complex to explain here how to make absolute sure it's at least trying to connect) it isn't a hardware problem with the iPad, it's some software or middleware connectivity issue like firewalling (many routers do this), wireless being set up appropriately for some devices and not for others, the list could go on.

Check your router to see if it's there, and see if you can find any problems. If you have a higher-end router, it's software settings page will give you a lot of information that could point you in the right direction.
my router's page doesnt show connected devices. And while on my ipad it shows that i have connected to my wifi i am still not able to surf the net .
and i tried putting my ipad's mac address but still it didnt work..... T__T help someone

mechagouki

Kill 'em all...
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Go to a friend's house and try the network there, or McDonalds, or anywhere they have free WiFi, if you can connect there you will know the issue id with your router, if you can't connect the problem is with the iPad.

Have you power cycled the iPad? Also, make sure your software is up to date by connecting to iTunes using the USB cord, I'm pretty sure there was at least one update since the new machines launched addressing WiFi issues.

saberjoy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Go to a friend's house and try the network there, or McDonalds, or anywhere they have free WiFi, if you can connect there you will know the issue id with your router, if you can't connect the problem is with the iPad.

Have you power cycled the iPad? Also, make sure your software is up to date by connecting to iTunes using the USB cord, I'm pretty sure there was at least one update since the new machines launched addressing WiFi issues.
Ipad is up to date and it works with other wifis, my wi fi works with other devices as well....

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh

DCG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Had this sort of problem with my Draytek 2820VN aswell, with a sony internet dongle (for my tv).

First connected it by sharing my internet trough my laptop to the tv via a lan cable, which worked fine when I resolved the DHCP porblem after the second time.

Thought DHCP woulden't be a problem with the WiFi dongle, since it would re-register in the router, seems it didn't and I had to give it a static IP again.

Did you re-rout it earlier trough another device?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c