That "The World Ends With You" Teaser...yeah it's just a i

Squirps

Official Squirps of GBATemp.net™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe the iOS port was just ONE of the announcements that Square Enix had? (hopefully?)

One of the guys who worked on the NA localization team tweeted this in response to the leak:

20120824105247.png

Maybe I'm desperate, but there might still be a possibility of TWEWY 2 or maybe some OTHER TWEWY related game being announced besides the iOS port? :ninja: (Kinda similar to how CoD announced both Black Ops: Declassified AND Black Ops 2? I don't know...)

Guess we'll have to wait and see until the actual countdown ends, haha. :P

EDIT: Screwed up uploading the image, haha. :P

Do you think we can add this tweet to the original post just to show that there actually might be something else other than the iOS port maybe? :/

D

Deleted_171835

How the fuck are you even going to play TWEWY properly on the iPhone? No buttons and there is only one screen.

Countdown isn't over, though. TWEWY 2 3DS. ;o;

Reactions: 1 person

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How the fuck are you even going to play TWEWY properly on the iPhone? No buttons and there is only one screen.

It's not like it was very playable on the DS either. Hurr hurr.

Probably just make the "top screen" autopilot or cut the screen in half (imagine holding the phone longways) and put a virtual D-Pad on one side and the other side is touchscreen stuff. It requires it to be less than a straightforward port but it's a solution.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Probably just make the "top screen" autopilot or cut the screen in half (imagine holding the phone longways) and put a virtual D-Pad on one side and the other side is touchscreen stuff. It requires it to be less than a straightforward port but it's a solution.

I actually didn't think it was. I found the touch only controls worked half ass at best. Some of the music was catchy but a lot of the time it was too repetitive and annoying and distracting.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I actually didn't think it was. I found the touch only controls worked half ass at best. Some of the music was catchy but a lot of the time it was too repetitive and annoying and distracting.

I was kinda implying that the touchscreen controls all around were half assed.

Also for my previous comment, I meant that the the screen would be cut left/right not up/down.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe the iOS port was just ONE of the announcements that Square Enix had? (hopefully?)

One of the guys who worked on the NA localization team tweeted this in response to the leak:

20120824105247.png

Maybe I'm desperate, but there might still be a possibility of TWEWY 2 or maybe some OTHER TWEWY related game being announced besides the iOS port? :ninja: (Kinda similar to how CoD announced both Black Ops: Declassified AND Black Ops 2? I don't know...)

Guess we'll have to wait and see until the actual countdown ends, haha. :P

EDIT: Screwed up uploading the image, haha. :P

Do you think we can add this tweet to the original post just to show that there actually might be something else other than the iOS port maybe? :/

I'm pretty hopeful for this. They could just be using this iOS thing as something to upset us, and announce TWEWY 2 after the countdown.

D

Deleted_171835

iOS?
Why choose iOS for this port?
Why not the 3DS or the Vita?

Cuz IOS has greater user bade innit.
Larger user base doesn't mean anything when most of your users are conditioned to paying $1 or $2 for games.

And knowing Square Enix, they'll price this at like $15/20 like they did with FF: Dimensions ($30). At the very least, they should have done a 3DS port/remake.

Vaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia

I don't think it's a really good idea, since if then it really is only an iOS port without anything else, giving people another hope like this will create more rages

Kind of better if we just take it now, then IF there is something else we will be happy together, and if it's not, we will just forget it :D

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
I didn't think there was anywhere else to go with the story after TWEWY ended. Excuse me for being dumb, but how could a sequel even happen?

See everything that came after Kingdom Hearts 1 for reference.

The Kingdom Hearts storyline is such a tangled mess, I'm surprised anyone can keep it straight.

Reactions: 6 people

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
iod and not android? more things to be disappointed about.
Do you know how difficult it is to make games run decently on all Android hardware compared to iOS? It's a lot more difficult.

Also on topic: I didn't really like The World Ends With You all that much. I lost interest mid-way. But I don't think a game like that belongs on iOS. I consider iOS / Android games are best with the pickup-and-play mindset. I don't think games with heavy story belong on those platforms(Well, maybe tablets).

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I didn't think there was anywhere else to go with the story after TWEWY ended. Excuse me for being dumb, but how could a sequel even happen?

See everything that came after Kingdom Hearts 1 for reference.

The Kingdom Hearts storyline is such a tangled mess, I'm surprised anyone can keep it straight.

I won't lie, it's hard, it took me a while to make sense of everything and get everything in order. But once you do, it ends up being a pretty good story.

jrk190

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the part where I go hang myself from depression. iOS? GO BURN IN HELL, SQUARE ENIX! God, I'm so pissed right now. Like, what the hell are they thinking! They better be making a damn sequal or something for the 3DS though, or I'm going to personally kill the director. *Rages, then throws his laptop against the wall*
Now that is taking video games too seriously.
Oh, just outta rage. This is just stupid. I'll probably pirate it or something...

gameandmatch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I find hilarious is that people are complaining about getting their hopes up for a sequel, only to be crushed. SE never said anything/gave out hints that this will be sequel. Seriously, I thought it was going to be a port to the 3ds with enhance graphics, new songs, new elements to the gameplay, and an extended storyline but again SE never said that thus I can't get angry at them.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
This is the part where I go hang myself from depression. iOS? GO BURN IN HELL, SQUARE ENIX! God, I'm so pissed right now. Like, what the hell are they thinking! They better be making a damn sequal or something for the 3DS though, or I'm going to personally kill the director. *Rages, then throws his laptop against the wall*
Now that is taking video games too seriously.
Oh, just outta rage. This is just stupid. I'll probably pirate it or something...
OR, you can just not give a fuck and move along. Video games aren't necessary to input into the equation of life.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night