Gaming THAT iso site was hacked

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was doing some... research... And saw that EVERY 3DS game post was deleted. The only post on the section is from a admin who writed: "ALL PASSWORDS WERE COMPROMISED. ALL PASSWORDS ARE IN A ZIP ON THE DARK WEB."
If you have an account there, I suggest changing your password on other websites that uses the same one.

Jeez. Someone is very cruel to do something like that. Disgusting and sickening. Sometimes, I am ashamed to be human being. Sighing!

Reactions: BADDINOROX99

Demifiend

The bored one
Trophies
XP
Country
Now now, let us calm and try to analyze the situation ahead of you, if you're a nobody (like most people who have probably registered to that iso site), chances are, nobody is gonna give a shit neither to the IP nor the Pass, if you're like Etika, he may face problem due to him being a popular youtuber who has shown his real face on the Interwebz. I guess the only compromised thing is the email, but let us think like this.

There are thousands if not hundreds of thousands of members registered to thatisosite, in that pool of ips and emails someone will try to access in either Paypal, Steam or anything that has cash on it, if none of them works, move on to the next target, and realistically speaking, the more targeted IPS are gonna be people from the Western World (US, Canada, Most of Europe, etc. and some Asian countries).

Assuming all of this into account, let us try to make questions based on this:

A) Does this email shares the same password as the one shown in thatisosite? (Yes) (No) (20 points)
B) Did you used FB on thatisosite to log in? (Yes) (No) (45 points)
C) Does the IP shown on the leak comes from someone who lives in the Western World? (Yes) (No) (15 points)
D) Are you some sort of celebrity? (Yes) (No) (45 points)

If the answers to these 4 questions amounts to 15 to 35 points, you're most likely safe, I do suggest to change your passwords to all the sites you've used this email and pass if possible, and also your email password for pete's sake. If you're like me who had his email blocked and impossible to enter, congrats, nobody will try to enter something like that.

Let me repeat, the most compromised users are the one who used FB, because the info that comes from an account of a Social Media is extremely damaging, more so than a simply email/pass leak. The second ones are the ones whose IP traces from US/EUR locations, because realistically speaking, someone attempting to get an account from a country very far away or economically poor, is not gonna get the most attention out of mass media.

The celebrities will be the first targets obviously, then the regular nobodies, the regular nobodies pass/email are gonna get used in sites well known, however, if you registered to a site that is barely known or it is niche to an specific kind of public yet you don't remember what that was, the possibility of finding that site will be low because you would need to know the user's historial, which can only be traced by accessing the email, which I do assume that you've already changed the pass?.

So let me put it this boldly:
- Change your Pass in the most important sites you can think of, NOW! (Amazon, Paypal, Ebay, Facebook, Twitter, Steam, Gmail and such)

- For security's sake, change your password and email of thatisosite to something that is clearly fake in both accounts, who knows when another attack will strike back.

- Change your email's password (If the one used in that iso site was also the same), and do try to create another email just in case the ugliest happens.

- Change your FB profile if you've used it on that iso site, FB gathers a lot of info about the user itself so anything that can be transferred to another account, will be the most safest.

Assuming you've taken the tips before, you're a nobody, and if you're one of those who did not use FB, you can remain calm.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: I don't have prime, I order once I am orderign $35 worth of stuff