Thanksgiving day differences between USA and Canada

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So today, i had changed the calender to october for when it happens tomorrow. I noticed that october 10 is Columbus day, but in canada is thanks giving day, usually is last thursday in november (Close to my birthday, sometimes on it) But i don't remember seeing it there before. Perhaps this calender is one that acknowledges international holidays opposed to the previous calenders.

So i started to wonder what are some holidays the two countries share that isn't on the same day? Is makes me think, i mean Canada is Part of North america, is a neighboring country, share lots of similarites but just some that goes without much thought or questioning. :unsure:

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know we have family day shortly after valentines day that should be unique to USA. i don't think we have arbor day though
There is no family day on the calender, i think is more of a "Family day is every day" kind of thing, i dunno. I mean there is mothers day and fathers day, Grandparents day.... that about it. If family day was a holiday, is most likely thanksgiving or christmas.

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanksgiving remind us not to be assholes and that preserving one's self is more important than merging.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I never understood the different dates. Could someone explain what is this?
I think each nation went through something significant that expressed gratitude for the enivornment or something that happened at different times and different years and every year they celebrated it annually and it turned into a holiday later on as the years went. unsure what exactly happened though

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think each nation went through something significant that expressed gratitude for the enivornment or something that happened at different times and different years and every year they celebrated it annually and it turned into a holiday later on as the years went. unsure what exactly happened though
Paganism had Christmas, then Christianity turned it into their personal holiday and kill the original owner.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...